Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 13, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #8,252 of 12,550
My next superhero....

Sep 13, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #8,254 of 12,550
Swat Kats! I had a huge obsession with that show! The Turbokat was so cool, and the whole secret identity thing, though done ad nauseam in comic books, nevertheless made the whole thing that much more awesome. It's one of those shows that I can watch now that I'm much older and it still holds up okay, unlike a lot of the H-B stuff from the 60s and 70s.

Another one I remember is The Pirates of Dark Water. It's terrible that they never completed it, having only collected eight out of the thirteen treasures. I wonder if they had ideas for how they were going to complete the series, or if they were writing as they went along and just stalled. Either way it's not exactly suitable for this month's theme as it lacks a superhero, per se, but whatever. It was one of those shows I always hoped I'd see the end of, not knowing of course that there never was an ending.

You never know what sick twisted line of logic the Arg will adapt to next. 

This is the man who single-handedly brought gassy diarrhea upon billions of innocent, unsuspecting TMACers. We aren't talking about your average_joe.

Um...what? 
confused.gif

Sep 13, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #8,255 of 12,550
Sep 13, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #8,256 of 12,550

You weren't expecting a Twi-hard to say something that made sense, were you? 

Not particularly, but I usually know what he's referring to, even if the execution is...shall we say original. This time I'm clueless, especially since cheese would generally cause the opposite problem of the one he mentioned.

Sep 13, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #8,257 of 12,550
My next superhero....

I liked Punisher so much before he wussed out. Like the low budget Dolph Lundgren Punisher, where in the end he kills everyone but the little kid... and he threatens the kid, for good measure. :D

Sep 13, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #8,258 of 12,550
I liked Punisher so much before he wussed out. Like the low budget Dolph Lundgren Punisher, where in the end he kills everyone but the little kid... and he threatens the kid, for good measure.
biggrin.gif

I haven't seen that one....so you'd say it was better than the other two? 

Sep 13, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #8,260 of 12,550
  Here's something that should make more sense then - Twilight > Harry Potter.

*I swear ma, I haven't been drinking...*

I never read or saw the Harry Potter stories, but I do have trouble believing that series would be inferior to Twilight. 
Emma Watson > Kristen Stewart for sure!

Sep 13, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #8,261 of 12,550
Emma Watson, yes. Very much so.

You'd think the massively angst-ridden plots would lean in neither's favour, but the rock-hard abs of Jacob make up for a lot of things. All HP has going for it is Groucho Marx in tree form.

Sep 13, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #8,262 of 12,550
Wait, what? You're not making any sense tonight, Twink. Well, less than usual, at any rate. Are you talking about the Whomping Willow? That's the only thing I can think of.

Sep 13, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #8,263 of 12,550
You're not making any sense tonight. Well, less than usual, at any rate. 

How is that even possible? 
confused.gif
 I do my utmost to make as less sense as I possibly can. Are you belittling my efforts?

I think the Arg is tree-tied at the moment or something, I'm always this vague. You gotta keep up or get left in the vagueness dust.

My English teachers always told me to be as vague as possible. Something along the lines of that. It could have been the complete opposite though. They were rather vague about it.

The only person who can truly beat me in a battle of the vague is S.O. And he's being more vague than usual. So vague that you can't even see him.

Vague -> Vogue -> beats -> bears -> beets -> Battlestar Galatica -> Vague.

Sep 13, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #8,264 of 12,550
  How is that even possible? 
confused.gif
 I do my utmost to make as less sense as I possibly can. Are you belittling my efforts?

I think the Arg is tree-tied at the moment or something, I'm always this vague. You gotta keep up or get left in the vagueness dust.

My English teachers always told me to be as vague as possible. Something along the lines of that. It could have been the complete opposite though. They were rather vague about it.

The only person who can truly beat me in a battle of the vague is S.O. And he's being more vague than usual. So vague that you can't even see him.

Vague -> Vogue -> beats -> bears -> beets -> Battlestar Galatica -> Vague.

*I swear ma, I haven't been drinking...*

Methinks you are fibbing.

Sep 13, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #8,265 of 12,550
  Swat Kats! I had a huge obsession with that show! The Turbokat was so cool, and the whole secret identity thing, though done ad nauseam in comic books, nevertheless made the whole thing that much more awesome. It's one of those shows that I can watch now that I'm much older and it still holds up okay, unlike a lot of the H-B stuff from the 60s and 70s.

You might like this cover this guy did on the theme song. Sounds very good IMO :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back