Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 13, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #8,266 of 12,550

You might like this cover this guy did on the theme song. Sounds very good IMO :).

<video>

Man, this really brings back memories. Pity the download version is only 128kbps. He did a really good job with this; why didn't he spring for something higher? Oh, well. Thanks for posting that. It really put a smile on my face. 
smile.gif

Sep 13, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #8,267 of 12,550

Man, this really brings back memories. Pity the download version is only 128kbps. He did a really good job with this; why didn't he spring for something higher? Oh, well. Thanks for posting that. It really put a smile on my face. 
smile.gif

I'm gonna PM him and see if he has an original in WAV :wink:.

Sep 13, 2013 at 5:25 AM Post #8,268 of 12,550
I feel like I should say something to fill in the awkwardness (this might possibly be the quietest night in TMAC history) but I'm afraid of the Arg calling me out for being drunk again.

I'm not drunk - that custom title belongs to someone else on the forums. Only weird thing happening was intentional sleep deprivation. I'm all better now. Was pre-adjusting for something later on. Might not be on during the weekend because of it.

Sep 13, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #8,269 of 12,550
Quote:TwinQY
 Vague -> Vogue -> beats -> bears -> beets -> Battlestar Galatica -> Vague.

What's not to understand?
It's a double dissoluted side-winded cryptogram for "Pineapples are King"

@billybobbobbobingalong. I have previously posted clips of Tom Terrific here (or wuz it in the diary thread? NVM).

Tooo Eeeeezeeee.

When do Snagglepuss, Hardy Har Har, Mr Peabody & Sherman make their appearance.

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #8,270 of 12,550
  I feel like I should say something to fill in the awkwardness (this might possibly be the quietest night in TMAC history) but I'm afraid of the Arg calling me out for being drunk again.

I'm not drunk - that custom title belongs to someone else on the forums. Only weird thing happening was intentional sleep deprivation. I'm all better now. Was pre-adjusting for something later on. Might not be on during the weekend because of it.

I wasn't really being serious. I hope you weren't hurt by me saying that, and if you were, I apologize. The way I read what you put in that post, it was like it was almost begging to get quoted. I didn't get that you were actually referencing somebody else (I actually think I know who you're talking about now that I think about it).

Hopefully whatever you're doing this weekend isn't too bad, since it seems like it's weighing on your mind. Maybe after it's over we'll have some more pineapple hilarity, but until then by all means take your time doing whatever it is and don't worry about us. We'll manage.

Sep 13, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #8,271 of 12,550
Too late Wink! The game was only on until the next avatar appeared. You were my best hope for someone recognizing Tom Terrific and the Captain.

And Lee! Darn it, every time you post a video I have to go hunt for another character to replace the one you posted! I had G-Force all queued up and ready to go! :xf_eek: Oh well, if I run out of options before the end of the month, then I'll just use it and credit you for the idea. I'm happy to share!! :D

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #8,272 of 12,550
Too late Wink! The game was only on until the next avatar appeared. You were my best hope for someone recognizing Tom Terrific and the Captain.

And Lee! Darn it, every time you post a video I have to go hunt for another character to replace the one you posted! I had G-Force all queued up and ready to go! :xf_eek: Oh well, if I run out of options before the end of the month, then I'll just use it and credit you for the idea. I'm happy to share!! :D
There's 2 group of heroes I expect to see before the month is up! Don't disappoint. :D

Sep 13, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #8,273 of 12,550
Homer the anti-hero , having a ball ;')

anigif_enhanced-buzz-26258-1379015759-5.gif

Sep 13, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #8,275 of 12,550
And Lee! Darn it, every time you post a video I have to go hunt for another character to replace the one you posted! I had G-Force all queued up and ready to go!
redface.gif
Oh well, if I run out of options before the end of the month, then I'll just use it and credit you for the idea. I'm happy to share!!
biggrin.gif

lol sorry. Just posting what comes to mind.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #8,276 of 12,550
  lol sorry. Just posting what comes to mind.
smily_headphones1.gif

You know we're not allowed to do that here.

I can be *extremely* disappointing - just ask my wife...

Sounds like everyone needs a bit more pineapple - nature's solution for rigor mortis (and for taking out the trash - after all, you'd never throw a pineapple away...? 
frown.gif
)

Quote:TwinQY
 Vague -> Vogue -> beats -> bears -> beets -> Battlestar Galatica -> Vague.

What's not to understand?
It's a double dissoluted side-winded cryptogram for "Pineapples are King"

Triple-sided, mind you. If you read four ways into it, it acts as a subliminal message telling you to watch more of Steve Carell's funny funny show.

I wasn't really being serious. I hope you weren't hurt by me saying that, and if you were, I apologize. The way I read what you put in that post, it was like it was almost begging to get quoted. I didn't get that you were actually referencing somebody else (I actually think I know who you're talking about now that I think about it).

Hopefully whatever you're doing this weekend isn't too bad, since it seems like it's weighing on your mind. Maybe after it's over we'll have some more pineapple hilarity, but until then by all means take your time doing whatever it is and don't worry about us. We'll manage.

Nevertheless, my feelings were rather hurt. I expect to be compensated for the emotional trauma. Let's see you try and find a decent lawyer in Townsville. With all the wanton destruction of buildings you'd think that they'd simply get the villains through charging them for property damage, instead of using candy-farting, crime-fighting 8-year-olds. 

I mean those streak marks just ain't normal. Perhaps Element X were just laxatives falling off from the Professor's medicine cabinet. 

Rainn Wilson.

This weekend is going to be very fun. So fun in fact, that I dare not miss a second of it through trivial things such as sleep. 

Homer the anti-hero , having a ball ;')

anigif_enhanced-buzz-26258-1379015759-5.gif

They should be using a baseball bat.

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #8,277 of 12,550
Also - the weirdest thing - zero members shown online, but 11 guest since I last checked. Is everyone logged out or are they stalking billybob or something? 
confused.gif

Forgive the Tiffany avatar, I was using it to execute a joke on the FitEars thread. This is technically my mainstay avatar so I guess I'll stick with it until later tonight.

Sep 13, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #8,280 of 12,550
It's finally here you stinky mofo pineapples.

http://www.earsonics.com/en/audiophiles-earphones/s-em6-2/

That's 2x the electroacoustic abomination from the previous offering (if anyone was keeping track). Now that's a deal. Only for the low low price of 1257.51 USD. Probably comes with two Dan-Clark-signed unicorn figurines as well, unlike the Alpha Dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back