Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 11, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #8,146 of 12,550
Sep 11, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #8,147 of 12,550
yet another Hanna-Barbera production.

I'm actually surprised that Space Ghost hasn't popped up yet.  Also, I just realized that there's some overlap with Tune June in this month's theme.

So... what's this month's theme? It's september... so silly september? But all the pics are cartoons... but they all do look a bit silly :p

The snail picture is doing you a favor then :).

LOLOLOL! 
biggrin.gif
This thread, this where lee is free to be lee!

Got myself a couple of nice Moleskines. It's all they have in the way of fancy notebooks - everything else is special orders.

I like Moleskins, they're familiar and reliable.
smile.gif

Nobody plays Connect Five. Just be glad we aren't playing Reversi or Go.

How would even do that here?

Sep 11, 2013 at 6:01 AM Post #8,148 of 12,550

No, I prefer my seafood to be cooked
smile.gif

. I like scallops, shrimp, and salmon, and I had a broiled tilapia dish with a chili lime seasoning that was pretty good, but I wouldn't call myself a huge seafood eater. In fact, it cracks up my family that if we go to a Red Lobster that I don't get seafood at all.....I get the Cajun Chicken Linguini Alfredo...so yummy! *drool*

Love my Ahi-shoyu poke. Even Genki sushi has good poke. The rice isn't hot (at least I think not lol?) and due to this I like how it goes with the poke. Poke is basically like sushi. I could easily eat a lbs of it one sitting. I get sick to my stomach though with hot rice and raw fish. It ends up cooking it partially and destroying the texture. Plus you have this gross after taste due to it. Either the fish is raw or cooked. Don't like in between....

Sep 11, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #8,150 of 12,550

Well it's not a total snob-fest where everyone loves the smell of their own farts (if you get my meaning :wink:.

Yep, that's pretty much how we roll here. We leave our attitudes at the door. In fact, in all the time I've been posting, I can only remember one time when somebody blew up, and then another time where something apparently happened that I missed and which was cleaned up while I was away from the thread. That actually resulted in everybody adopting an animal friend for the next month's theme as a way to restore calm or whatever.

So yeah. It's a pretty cool place in here. People come and go, but the same core crew seems to keep it going. I wasn't actually a founding member, though I joined early enough that I've pretty much been involved in all the really great stuff that has happened in this thread, and I've never yet taken a hiatus. I don't plan on it, either. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 11, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #8,151 of 12,550
I'm actually surprised that Space Ghost hasn't popped up yet.  Also, I just realized that there's some overlap with Tune June in this month's theme.

We are only 1/3rd of the way through September - we still have lots of days to go...

I'm trying to mix it up - old, new, obscure, well-known. Wait until you see tonight's entry - a VERY long running character on an iconic American TV show, yet I will be bet no more than 1 or 2 here will have ever seen it before... :wink:

And you are right, of course, many superheros are 'toons, but not all 'toons are superheros...

Sep 11, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #8,152 of 12,550
We are only 1/3rd of the way through September - we still have lots of days to go...

I'm trying to mix it up - old, new, obscure, well-known. Wait until you see tonight's entry - a VERY long running character on an iconic American TV show, yet I will be bet no more than 1 or 2 here will have ever seen it before...
wink.gif

And you are right, of course, many superheros are 'toons, but not all 'toons are superheros...

popcorn.gif

Sep 11, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #8,153 of 12,550
Just went on a posting binge. TMAC almost made it off my feed, which can never be allowed to happen.

Anyway, I seem to vaguely remember Dynomutt. Like so many classic H-B cartoons, it was part of the endless rotation on Cartoon Network in the 1990s. Probably not very often, though, since I don't seem to remember anything about it.

That's the thing about CN--some cartoons never seemed to disappear. Others would come on once and then you'd never see them again. I remember this one that I thought was so cool, called Turbo Teen. It features a kid who can turn into a car--yes, you read that right. I swear, they played like two episodes of it one morning and it never appeared again. I watched intently thereafter, hoping the mythical Turbo Teen would come back. I had decided right then and there that it was my favorite cartoon ever. In retrospect, the idea is so ridiculous that I doubt it would hold my attention if I watched it today. However, I'd love to find it somewhere (I'ma hit up YouTube soon) if only to find the episode that contains the one line from it that I remember to this day: the kid shouting "I'm...Turbo Teen!"

Sep 11, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #8,154 of 12,550
Sep 11, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #8,156 of 12,550
Jeez o pete y'all. I'm gone for 4 days and you add 356 posts... crymanitley. Hope you weren't worried about your favorite horse getting shipped off to be Turner into glue.

Sep 11, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #8,157 of 12,550
Quote:AhorsenamedEd
 Jeez o pete y'all. I'm gone for 4 days and you add 356 posts... crymanitley. Hope you weren't worried about your favorite horse getting shipped off to be Turner into glue.

How do you think the highly strung catgut wielder feels after nearly a month of catch-up..?

I can see glassy eye syndrome coming some peeps ways.

Sep 11, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #8,158 of 12,550

Guaranteed to attract vampire bats, goony birds, quolls, wolverines, hammerhead sharks, rodents, fungal infections, and other assorted living detritus.

Wear at your own risk

Recommend you eat lots of pineapple to counter the negtive effects of this abyssmal choice of sartorial mega-fail.

Sep 11, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #8,159 of 12,550

Guaranteed to attract vampire bats, goony birds, quolls, wolverines, hammerhead sharks, rodents, fungal infections, and other assorted living detritus.

Wear at your own risk

It seems that this is true....because suddenly, you have reappeared in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back