Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #5,822 of 12,550
Jun 12, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #5,823 of 12,550
Don't forget xhamster,... :wink: = xvideos...:wink:

Big Brother - if he wants to study my selection

Aye,you two lads reminiscent of my own little brother born in the 1960's,I was the Big Brother of the late 1950's.
Four years older than that poor boy,he was my own personal punching bag and recipient of any cruel joke I dreamed up for many years.

He still calls me every couple of weeks and only recently told me: "you know growing up you were a prick but you were a good prick and I always wanted to be you".
It's tough, because you're always going to look at a past time through the lens of what stage of life you happened to be in.

Us lot of Baby Boomers went through those air raid schoolhouse drills for nuclear destruction,learning to hide under our desk,waiting for 'the big flash of light' that could potentially burn out our eyes if we looked at it.

Paranoia of Communists was bred into our psyche,many immigrants 'escaping from Communism' landed in our cities.
J.Edgar Hoover was at the helm of surveillance and held the dirt on many prominent citizens,making their lives unbearable if he chose.

"The bigger the headache, the bigger the pill..." so it goes we have to swallow the precautions that are said to protect us from the varieties of bogeymen.

I take exception when corporations/business start to engage in monitoring unsuspecting clients for personal profit,sometimes unknowingly dumping your personal information into the hands of criminals to be exploited.

Billybob,I'd buy the next round if you get up this way.

Jun 12, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #5,825 of 12,550
Complimentary 'Indian Head Rub' a.k.a. 'Dutch Rub', or 'Noogie' on sight to any perceived younger brother.

Method

Definitely not one for any weaklings.
This tricky manoeuvre requires you to grapple the walking sibling, putting them in a headlock with your left arm.
When securely held you should form a fist with your right hand raising your middle knuckle above the others and grinding it on the brother's head with a firm and vigorous circular motion.
Another closely related method is the 'Chinese Burn'.

Pros - Is a good morale builder if carried off successfully.

Cons - Getting this close to an angry younger brother without a weapon is for the insane only.
It is also more likely to infuriate the sibling rather than subdue them.

Rating - * (but ***** for comedy effect).

Jun 12, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #5,826 of 12,550
My brother was 8 years older than me. I was dead meat from the moment I was born. Noogies & "Horse biting an apple" were his favorites. "Horse biting an apple" is when you are sitting next to someone and you grab the top of their thigh right near the knee and squeeze HARD rhythmically while yelling "Horse biting an apple! Horse biting an apple!" I hated that one.

I got him back once when I was about 13 - he grabbed me from behind in a bear hug. Now, I had been watching a lot of Kung Fu on TV... So, I stepped back toward him to take him off balance and loosen his hold, then I gave him a viscous elbow right in the solar plexus - and I connected with all meat! He went "Oof!" and that was it - he backed off and really never tried much on me after that. Score one for the little brother!

Jun 12, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #5,827 of 12,550
Quote:
"Horse biting an apple" is when you are sitting next to someone and you grab the top of their thigh right near the knee and squeeze HARD rhythmically while yelling "Horse biting an apple! Horse biting an apple!" I hated that one.

W.....T.....F.....
blink.gif

Jun 12, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #5,828 of 12,550
You read all kinds of things in this thread.

Jun 12, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #5,829 of 12,550
"Horse biting an apple!" I hated that one.

If you've ever really been bitten on the back or your arm by a horse it truly causes some pain.
That's funny,I recall the choice area of inner thigh,where you clenched a handful of tender flesh from behind,clamping hard with a bear paw,screaming "Monkey Bite!" into the ear...he was traumatized by that one.

Jun 12, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #5,831 of 12,550
Mixtape Project #1
http://www.head-fi.org/t/630723/themed-monthly-avatar-committee-tmac-discussion-thread/5145#post_9454299

Quote:Warren
Pick the two songs that CONSISTENTLY produce some ot the DEEPEST emotional reactions within you.

It doesn't matter what emotions they are, as long as you feel it in the depths of your soul every time you hear those two songs.  Maybe it's sheer joy, or deep longing, or off-the-wall angst, or just nostalgia for the best/worst time you've ever had.  As long as it deeply and profoundly means something to you, it counts.  What we're going for here is pure emotional meaning and relevance on a personal level.

This should be an interesting theme.  What do we feel?  Do other TMACians feel the same?  I have a feeling that - as long as we're honest with the submissions - we're going to learn a lot about each other and probably become a tighter knit group in the process.  S'okay though.  Friends make the bad times more bearable, and the good times more joyful.  So it's all good.

Here are my submissions...

I'm ok with Skillet and like them. I don't know how both their songs got on the list of the most feels I have ever felt but it did.\

I remember preparing for vacation last year. The day before I leave for vacation. Two days before my birthday. That I found out my childhood friend died. I was fine during the vacation. But the moment I got off the boat. A wave hit me. I listened to this song on the way home. I remember tears pouring down my face as I kept the most stale face I had ever made in my life. I did not make a sound, I did not make a facial emotion. I mearley sat there as tears poured down my face with this song playing on my iPod.

This song produces the feels as it reminds me of the double standards and heroism my home country participated in. It's a story never told, but one where I hold dear with this song. There are hero's amongst us, from here to there.

Jun 12, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #5,832 of 12,550
You, sir, are quite strange,...

Boys will be boys,it used to be called Horseplay now it's labelled Bullying.
I quit the physical torment on the younger bro when I got my first job at 15,no time for him then.
Pranking him was another thing altogether,exploding cigarettes,place a full banana peel splayed on his face if he passed out on the couch etc.
You name it,little brother survived it - he thanked me in later years, no one could surprise him after my tutelage.

Dang,billybob no chance against a 21 year old brother when you're only 13 was there?

Jun 12, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #5,833 of 12,550
Billybob, you are a softy.  What you should have done is told your mom that you overheard your brother's girlfriend crying to him about how she's "late".  Then handed your dad his belt.

Jun 12, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #5,834 of 12,550
Nah - the guys in my family handle their own problems. My brother was always older, bigger & stronger than me. Fortunately, I was barely a teenager when I discovered that he was NOT smarter than me. That tended to even the odds... :p

Jun 13, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #5,835 of 12,550
Quote:
Quote:
"Horse biting an apple" is when you are sitting next to someone and you grab the top of their thigh right near the knee and squeeze HARD rhythmically while yelling "Horse biting an apple! Horse biting an apple!" I hated that one.

W.....T.....F.....
blink.gif

Seems, I'm late to the party 
size]
 but... 
size]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back