Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #4,099 of 12,550
Why only two??

Apr 1, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #4,102 of 12,550
Quote:
I'll honor warren's hard work by sporting the avatar for 2 weeks.

confused.gif

Quote:
Why only two??

I wonder that too...as the OP of the thread, shouldn't jgray be duty-bound to represent?
Quote:
So nobody remembers Sexy September?

Who started it?

Where did TMAC start? I feel like us anime thread members just one day started doing monthly avatars or was it somewhere else? I remember Sexy September 2012

Sexy September was before it all became official with the origin of this thread.
My Sexy September offering was mesmerizing.....

Apr 1, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #4,103 of 12,550
Quotes:
Lol Warren. Proudly wearing my avatar, thanks!
Dat Awesomeness
Locked and Loaded Warren!

Muchos Gracias!

Thanks for the kind words fellas, and of course you are most welcome. 
smile.gif

Quote:

Whoa!  Not that there needed to be, but yet more proof of awesomeness right there...
wink.gif
  Thank you. 
smile.gif

Quote:
So nobody remembers Sexy September?

Who started it?

Where did TMAC start? I feel like us anime thread members just one day started doing monthly avatars or was it somewhere else? I remember Sexy September 2012

Holy crap, a question I can actually answer!  Okay, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the way I remember it.  I believe it all started when kiteki suggested the idea of everyone using an anime avatar for the month of August 2012.  This all happened back in the Explain Your Avatar thread.  It caught on, and even people that don't watch anime joined in.  I myself used 7-Zark-7 from Battle of the Planets (a.k.a. Gatchaman).

When August was ending, some of us wanted to continue the monthly theme.  That was when someone - I can't remember who - suggested Sexy September.  Obviously, as we're 99.94% male around here, that idea caught on really fast.  I opted for Zooey Deschanel that month (because I find her cuteness hot).  I have no doubt that we probably would have continued like that for a long time, except that something unexpected happened...

kiteki - having hit 10,000 posts - took a break and was not heard from for some time.  As October drew near, we all started brainstorming as to what we should do.  We didn't really get anywhere with the ideas, until obobskivich October was blurted out.  I'm not sure it was a serious suggestion, but it totally caught on and went on to become of of the best months we've ever had.

As we were wrapping up October, jgray91 decided that we should stop raping bobsayshi's Explain Your Avatar thread, and this thread was officially born.  Our first theme as a team was of course, Noob November.  I'm pretty sure that's when a lot of you joined up, so no need to explain the rest.

Quote:
The OP is always a good start to look. You know, since I put my heart in it and all.

Yeah, what he said. 
smile.gif

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Why only two??

I wonder that too...as the OP of the thread, shouldn't jgray be duty-bound to represent?

Well, we all need a break every now and then.  And it's not like jgray91 didn't let us know a few weeks back that he'd be sitting this one out.  So him being in it for two weeks is a sign of dedication and sacrifice on his part.  If one were to ask me, I'd say let's pat him on the back as opposed to giving him a hard time about it.  But hey, that's just me. 
wink.gif
  Who knows, I might take a break one of these months.  But no worries right?  We stick together and there's always someone around to back-up someone else, so it's all good!

Apr 1, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #4,104 of 12,550
Quote:

Thanks for the kind words fellas, and of course you are most welcome. 
smile.gif

Whoa!  Not that there needed to be, but yet more proof of awesomeness right there...
wink.gif
  Thank you. 
smile.gif

Holy crap, a question I can actually answer!  Okay, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the way I remember it.  I believe it all started when kiteki suggested the idea of everyone using an anime avatar for the month of August 2012.  This all happened back in the Explain Your Avatar thread.  It caught on, and even people that don't watch anime joined in.  I myself used 7-Zark-7 from Battle of the Planets (a.k.a. Gatchaman).

When August was ending, some of us wanted to continue the monthly theme.  That was when someone - I can't remember who - suggested Sexy September.  Obviously, as we're 99.94% male around here, that idea caught on really fast.  I opted for Zooey Deschanel that month (because I find her cuteness hot).  I have no doubt that we probably would have continued like that for a long time, except that something unexpected happened...

kiteki - having hit 10,000 posts - took a break and was not heard from for some time.  As October drew near, we all started brainstorming as to what we should do.  We didn't really get anywhere with the ideas, until obobskivich October was blurted out.  I'm not sure it was a serious suggestion, but it totally caught on and went on to become of of the best months we've ever had.

As we were wrapping up October, jgray91 decided that we should stop raping bobsayshi's Explain Your Avatar thread, and this thread was officially born.  Our first theme as a team was of course, Noob November.  I'm pretty sure that's when a lot of you joined up, so no need to explain the rest.

Yeah, what he said. 
smile.gif

Well, we all need a break every now and then.  And it's not like jgray91 didn't let us know a few weeks back that he'd be sitting this one out.  So him being in it for two weeks is a sign of dedication and sacrifice on his part.  If one were to ask me, I'd say let's pat him on the back as opposed to giving him a hard time about it.  But hey, that's just me. 
wink.gif
  Who knows, I might take a break one of these months.  But no worries right?  We stick together and there's always someone around to back-up someone else, so it's all good!

I only really remember Sexy September 
¯\(°_o)/¯​

Thanks for the explanation! :)

Additional info. Kiteki and I had a match to see who would reach 10k first without spamming. I won. 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 1, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #4,105 of 12,550
Quote:
I only really remember Sexy September 
¯\(°_o)/¯​

Thanks for the explanation! :)

Additional info. Kiteki and I had a match to see who would reach 10k first without spamming. I won. 
rolleyes.gif

Sure, no problem. 
smile.gif
  I kinda remember you and kiteki doing that, though I never understood why.  Still, you're on a roll, so why not keep it going?

Apr 1, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #4,107 of 12,550
Quote:
Quote:
Sure, no problem. 
smile.gif
  I kinda remember you and kiteki doing that, though I never understood why.  Still, you're on a roll, so why not keep it going?

I don't think hitting 35K to 40K is going to be easy. 
evil_smiley.gif

Well no, of course not.  But if it were easy, then why bother?  The problem here is that DLee is a moving target and his post count keeps rising.  Maybe you should play the Band Name Game too?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/643244/band-name-game-ii/

Apr 1, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #4,108 of 12,550
Apr 1, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #4,109 of 12,550
Quote:
and music game! :)

LOL, that too!  Looks to me like this might be the start of an epic deathmatch between you and DLeeWebb. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #4,110 of 12,550
1. What bowei006 should be "Hitting" this Fall 
wink_face.gif
 is the Books! I'm always pulling for Pandas to thrive.

2. That warrenpchi is good... R-E-A-L good!
beerchug.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back