The Worst Myth at Head-Fi.....?
May 5, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #61 of 223
ers paper anyone?
biggrin.gif

May 5, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #63 of 223
- You should seek out music that is well recorded.

Some of my favorite albums sound absolutely terrible and that shouldn't be a factor in deciding to listen to it any more or less to a so called "audiophile recordings".

Remember, music is always first to any of this BS. If you really think about it your music IS your source. Your setups are made to accommodate your music, not the other way around. If it wasn't for my music I wouldn't of even be interested in wanting to try higher end equipment. I feel that sometimes we become distanced to that idea.

May 5, 2007 at 11:28 PM Post #64 of 223
Biggest myth IMO. That the GS-1000 is distant , bright, and uncontrolled. This hp rocks......pure and simple.
icon10.gif

May 5, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #65 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by Night Surfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you suggesting that it doesn't???

No, what I wrote is quite mistakable.
What I meant is:
The recording quality is most important and the difference between a good and bad recording is really night and day.
Headphones are obviously easily distinguishable.Frequency response, transient response , headstage and so on are vastly different.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Besides of that there are no night and day differences, it's a myth.
Differences regarding amps, sources ,cables and codecs (in descending order)are usually exaggerated, at least as far as my hearing is concerned.

May 5, 2007 at 11:47 PM Post #66 of 223
Some myths that comes to my mind:
* Lossless compressed audio (ALAC, FLAC, etc.) sound inferior to PCM (WAV and AIFF).
* Electrostatic headphones are bass shy, in general.
* New stuff are always better sounding than old stuff.
* Jahn have an outsourced posting team, based in India.
* Curse you Head-Fi...

May 6, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #69 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by ichiboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Some of my favorite albums sound absolutely terrible and that shouldn't be a factor in deciding to listen to it any more or less to a so called "audiophile recordings".

Remember, music is always first to any of this BS. If you really think about it your music IS your source. Your setups are made to accommodate your music, not the other way around. If it wasn't for my music I wouldn't of even be interested in wanting to try higher end equipment. I feel that sometimes we become distanced to that idea.

Agreed. Easily 50% of my music sounds better on Koss KSC35 than on HD650, probably because it is not so well recorded.

May 6, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #71 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by ichiboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

whoops, next biggest myth: "its all about the music man"

i come here to find out about audio equipment.
tongue.gif

May 6, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #72 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
#1 Head-Fi myth:
you can disguise a Senn Veil thread and get away with it
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How long did it take for you come to this conclusion? Was it before, or after, you joined head-fi?

LOL! x2

May 6, 2007 at 1:17 AM Post #73 of 223
That it doesn't matter how music is recorded.

The food is the important thing, it matters not how it's cooked.

Riiiiight. Just think how much better those favorite albums would be if they were mastered properly.

Here's the charcoal briquette that should have been your steak, sir. Enjoy.

May 6, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #75 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by afireinside /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're a late bloomer. I thought I was "happy" for a year to, then I came back and dropped 800 dollars in a week.

Hey AFI, is that you from XS???

Ply

Users who are viewing this thread

Back