The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Oct 7, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #2,642 of 7,980
Quote:
 Only materials and labor are covered by the warranty, drivers are excluded.

Does this mean if a driver goes out we're stuffed? 

In my experience if anything goes wrong they'll work with you to make it right. If it's because of something they did it's covered, if it's something you did it's not. I can't speak for them but I imagine that's how it works.

Which is what most high-end companies support.

Oct 7, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #2,643 of 7,980
Quote:
I tried Jade already, it got so hot, finally it essentialy exploded

Now I want ebony faceplates with jade Heir Audio logos.

In my experience if anything goes wrong they'll work with you to make it right. If it's because of something they did it's covered, if it's something you did it's not. I can't speak for them but I imagine that's how it works.

You're correct, but I understand pdiddypdler's worries. As currently worded, the warranty seems to cover everything ... except everything. 
tongue.gif

Oct 7, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #2,644 of 7,980
Quote:

You're correct, but I understand pdiddypdler's worries. As currently worded, the warranty seems to cover everything ... except everything. 
tongue.gif

Yep, I would prefer to have a full and clear understanding of what is and isn't covered so that it doesn't end up coming down to discretion.

Maybe that's too much to ask from a product as niche as this.

Oct 8, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #2,645 of 7,980
Quote:
tongue.gif

If people paid more attention they'd notice just about every warranty ever written is worded to say exactly that. "We shall cover everything in so far as we choose to and is required by law."

However, as I said, my experience (and what I hear of the experiences of others) is that Heir will always do what it can to make things right. I find them to be very helpful and reasonable people.

Oct 8, 2012 at 5:22 AM Post #2,647 of 7,980
funny thing... Sister phoned this am saying 'hows it going Bro?'... I replied 'I don't like Monday's... I'm gonna kill your cat'... she said tersely 'I suppose you want your WM-Z back?'... 'that depends if you love your cat I'm looking after'... my WM-Z will be with me in a few hours and I'll finally get to listen with my Heirs.
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 8, 2012 at 5:42 AM Post #2,648 of 7,980
Fink's live album "Wheels Turn Beneath My Feet" was released in the EU this morning - very highly recommended fodder for your Heirs 
wink.gif

http://www.finkworld.co.uk/store/music-store/fink-wav-store/
(I am in no way affiliated, just wanted to recommend a great album with some very good live recordings)

Oct 8, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #2,651 of 7,980
Quote:
Hi, I am about to buy my first Custom iem's, and I heard about this new Heir Label.

I listen to wide spectrum of music, almost everything, from acoustic to electro & noise. 

Do you think 3.A are for me? Are they better than 1964-T? I heard 1964-T has flat response, are 3.A more "musical" sounding? I like flat sound signature, i am not basshead, but i really dont know. 

THanks for any ideas

If you like a neutral signature, get the 4.a or 4.ai - Dr. Moulton says they are his most neutral sounding headphones.

Oct 8, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #2,652 of 7,980

Quote:
L3000.gif

Z1070 + Heir = Tube Amp and High End speakers... "right"?

[size=medium]Way (Wizard & all)… I’m sitting here thinking what to write so I’ll get rid of a few basics to start, today I’ve only been listening to the 4.Ai with a few selected & very familiar Albums plus one I uploaded when my Sister was here (one she wanted on the WM-Z, for those interested in animal preservation, the cat got a ‘get of jail free’ card, one lucky puss-cat), I digress… [/size]

[size=medium]I’ve never owned a tube-amp so can’t comment on that but I’ve owned some very tasty speakers in my time and yes this is close to hi-end stuff but bear in mind it’s also a different way of listening to music. Instead of being spacious & enveloping (hi-fi), this is straight into your brain and all involving, in many ways this is a kinda new dawn for me, the quality I’m hearing from the 4.Ai’s and the WM-Z has either transfixed me into a semi-comatose state staring gormlessly at the PC screen listening to a track or, had me doing a stupendous drum solo’s with my ‘second to none’ imaginary drum kit (Keith Moon eat ya heart out sideways)… I’m truly enjoying what I’m hearing. Way, this is the best I’ve heard music from any portable device.[/size]

[size=medium]The Nanci Griffiths album I was listening to earlier was recorded with the London Symphony Orchestra, the 4.Ai & WM-Z pairing nailed it from the off, everything was detailed, involving and really was quite exquisite to behold… I really don’t want to rant on & on with puke inducing superlatives so I’ll cut to the chase and go directly to the Album my Sister wanted to hear, I uploaded ‘Moby - 18’ to satisfy her highness (never really listened to this guy in depth), waited for her to have a brief listen (her brief turned out to be about an hour long), then finally got my mitts on the pairing for a lil rev-up, it was time to see what these babies could do and decided to see what my Sister liked about this Moby CD… sometimes you really have to head-butt the wall and scratch your balls and wonder why you never thought of buying this Album, on ‘In My Heart’ I decided to have a bit of fun with the WM-Z’s clear-bass ( a novel little 4-step increment bass improvement that doesn’t effect the other frequencies). When I bought the 4.Ai I was a tad concerned about bass quantity, straight from the off those fears were dispelled and a lil tweak of bass really doesn’t hurt to free up the ear wax, The Wizard should of said these babies go deeper than Linda Lovelace salivating over a cucumber… I’m real impressed with this set-up and loving my music and I really cannot find a better superlative than that.[/size]

Oct 8, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #2,653 of 7,980
Quote:
[size=medium]   Way[/size][size=medium], this is the best I’ve heard music from any portable device.[/size]

Yea, I like 'em a lot too.  With my SPC cable that I made... they sound even better.  I'm not sure what the Magnus 1 cable sounds like or adds to the sound... but I definitely love what my cable adds.  If your wondering... it's a T.C. SPC cable built on Cryoed UP-OCC Copper.

Oct 8, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #2,654 of 7,980
Oct 9, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #2,655 of 7,980
Quote:

[size=medium]Way (Wizard & all)… I’m sitting here thinking what to write so I’ll get rid of a few basics to start, today I’ve only been listening to the 4.Ai with a few selected & very familiar Albums plus one I uploaded when my Sister was here (one she wanted on the WM-Z, for those interested in animal preservation, the cat got a ‘get of jail free’ card, one lucky puss-cat), I digress… [/size]

[size=medium]I’ve never owned a tube-amp so can’t comment on that but I’ve owned some very tasty speakers in my time and yes this is close to hi-end stuff but bear in mind it’s also a different way of listening to music. Instead of being spacious & enveloping (hi-fi), this is straight into your brain and all involving, in many ways this is a kinda new dawn for me, the quality I’m hearing from the 4.Ai’s and the WM-Z has either transfixed me into a semi-comatose state staring gormlessly at the PC screen listening to a track or, had me doing a stupendous drum solo’s with my ‘second to none’ imaginary drum kit (Keith Moon eat ya heart out sideways)… I’m truly enjoying what I’m hearing. Way, this is the best I’ve heard music from any portable device.[/size]

[size=medium]The Nanci Griffiths album I was listening to earlier was recorded with the London Symphony Orchestra, the 4.Ai & WM-Z pairing nailed it from the off, everything was detailed, involving and really was quite exquisite to behold… I really don’t want to rant on & on with puke inducing superlatives so I’ll cut to the chase and go directly to the Album my Sister wanted to hear, I uploaded ‘Moby - 18’ to satisfy her highness (never really listened to this guy in depth), waited for her to have a brief listen (her brief turned out to be about an hour long), then finally got my mitts on the pairing for a lil rev-up, it was time to see what these babies could do and decided to see what my Sister liked about this Moby CD… sometimes you really have to head-butt the wall and scratch your balls and wonder why you never thought of buying this Album, on ‘In My Heart’ I decided to have a bit of fun with the WM-Z’s clear-bass ( a novel little 4-step increment bass improvement that doesn’t effect the other frequencies). When I bought the 4.Ai I was a tad concerned about bass quantity, straight from the off those fears were dispelled and a lil tweak of bass really doesn’t hurt to free up the ear wax, The Wizard should of said these babies go deeper than Linda Lovelace salivating over a cucumber… I’m real impressed with this set-up and loving my music and I really cannot find a better superlative than that.[/size]

I laughed a little too hard at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back