The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Oct 6, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #2,628 of 7,980
Quote:
I was investigating 3D printers a little while ago with the idea of fabbing up some IEM plugs, and one of the problems is the deposition method makes for a rough outer surface. So it's not impossible or even a bad idea, but you'll probably be in for a good deal of finishing work after the fabbing process. On the other hand, you could hypothetically shape them with sufficient inner detail to not need to insert tubing; the lower component could have the tubing pre-formed, requiring final assembly to amount to dropping the filters and drivers into their appropriately-sized holes, and then sealing them with a cap.

Check Stereolithography or SLA, some of big companies like UE use them for customs. But as Wizard said it has limitation on material used and colors.On other hand milling machines can do any materials and combinations.

Oct 6, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #2,633 of 7,980
Quote:
I tried Jade already, it got so hot, finally it essentialy exploded

I probably tried to work with it too fast.

Wizard

It got hot while you were trying to file the jade thin? Perhaps the tool rotated at too high a speed then?

Oct 6, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #2,635 of 7,980
Quote:
I tried Jade already...

Only at Heir Audio 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back