The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 12, 2022 at 9:31 AM Post #14,717 of 90,681
Yay. Happy for you! Looking forward to the review :wink:. I'm not sure which direction I would take, if I had the money, Phonix or EXT. I have repeatedly underestimated the value of BA drivers for added dimensionality and detail that I'm increasingly looking for. I've decided to sell most of my IEMs and buds and will probably only remain on the periphery of the hobby. I'll definitely be looking on in interest as it evolves, however.

For the forseeable the collection I'm hanging onto are these two single BA IEMs and probably only two buds to rest the ear canals (Wraith and Hybrid 189 MX150). When/if I have more money for the hobby I'll be shooting for the Dark Magician as a single DD to round things out. Not pictured below but something I will hold onto for sensitive IEMs is the RU6.

Thank you, delighted with EXT and I am now selling off a few sets too - buds already taken a hit, both Blur sold! Not sure if I'll write a review of EXT or not, I might feel inspired!

Sorry to see you dropping out but I appreciate the swings and roundabouts of life can lead us on various paths. I'm sure you will drop back in when the time is right! It will be interesting also to experience just enjoying music, and not always thinking about the next fix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 12, 2022 at 9:33 AM Post #14,718 of 90,681
I like Gidge, very nice album indeed.

New source is gonna be N8ii, I suppose?

No, the M9 is looking quite likely! I'm curious to see what happens with the LP P7 when it arrives, as I would like a high-end DAP without Android but I think that's quite a few months away.

Mar 12, 2022 at 9:35 AM Post #14,719 of 90,681
So what is the trick in getting ext to fit? Does it need to be rotated similar to a custom or can it simply be pushed in?

I've never tried a custom but I do find a bit of a twist is required - likewise taking them out. I've had a bit of an issue with slight pain after longer sessions, and now moved to Azla Light tips in a larger size which are more comfortable and sound great too.

Mar 12, 2022 at 9:35 AM Post #14,720 of 90,681
Sorry to see you dropping out but I appreciate the swings and roundabouts of life can lead us on various paths. I'm sure you will drop back in when the time is right! It will be interesting also to experience just enjoying music, and not always thinking about the next fix.

It's a fortunate swing, as I remember mentioning to you in passing, I'm just putting all I can into creating a home for my partner and I. If I'm happy with what I have from the hobby, money is better spent elsewhere.

Indeed! Weekly treats in the form of album purchases and creating a digital collection is what I'm focusing on now.

Mar 12, 2022 at 9:38 AM Post #14,721 of 90,681
Good Day from A north side Dub..Been following this thread for months.Off it’s excellent knowledge have bought UM meat Mk11 & KR5 universal.Am about to buy custom version..Present equipment:IEM’S Noble K10 u & encore Custom. Amps Centrance Hi Fi M8 V2/Ampersand amp.Tws Sony XM4 /Sennheiser MTW2..John

Good stuff, more from Ireland - that's make 3 of us now in thread! Welcome :)

Mar 12, 2022 at 9:40 AM Post #14,722 of 90,681
It's a fortunate swing, as I remember mentioning to you in passing, I'm just putting all I can into creating a home for my partner and I. If I'm happy with what I have from the hobby, money is better spent elsewhere.

Indeed! Weekly treats in the form of album purchases and creating a digital collection is what I'm focusing on now.

Absolutely, definitely a priority ahead of audio gear... All the best with creating your home, keep in touch via Messenger!

Mar 12, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #14,723 of 90,681

695FA54C-272A-42AB-A6DF-11BBF4D7CECA.jpeg

Mar 12, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #14,724 of 90,681
Good afternoon A Lusk man I see..Was in cologne 1987 a wonderful city.Your excellent review of UM mest made me do the business with Musicteck.Andrew a real gentleman

Mar 12, 2022 at 9:50 AM Post #14,725 of 90,681
Good afternoon A Lusk man I see..Was in cologne 1987 a wonderful city.Your excellent review of UM mest made me do the business with Musicteck.Andrew a real gentleman

Yes, a blow in though, not born and bred! Cologne is indeed a great city, would happily visit again. Agreed, Andrew is fantastic to deal with - amazing customer service. Did you order the MEXT?

Mar 12, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #14,726 of 90,681
Welcome!
1AC28696-73A1-4B95-B44F-F232BFC4432F.jpeg

:)

Mar 12, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #14,727 of 90,681
Did an AB listening test between Isabellae and XE6 with track Indigo from Katherine Priddy. This track is acoustic, guitar and vocal, very sweet sounding vocals, there is a Cello down low and some bells occasionally up top. The song feels like a folk song though introspective and personal. There is indeed something special about her voice, this is her first release I may have much more to look forward to.
The album in general tells a story from first to last track that leaves me feeling very rested and calm.

Did I prefer one set over the other, yes the Isabellae, it is just so cohesive and the voice so well represented. The voice on the XE6 was equally well represented the extra amount of bass energy brought the Cello to the fore early in the track giving that instrument considerably more weight, in addition the single Estat accentuated the bells and vocal accents. Once again I do not feel the vocals lost anything they just had to exist within more of everything else. The difference comes down to energy for me with the Isabellae more in line with the feeling of the track. Both sets did this song differently and amazingly well and for me reaffirm my thought that these two are right now my favorite partners.

Mar 12, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #14,728 of 90,681
Five different ways to enjoy music

Nice shot. What IEMs am I looking at here? I only recognize Timeless & IER Z1R.

Yeah the fact it's another all BA, always had me leaning towards EXT - along with so much high praise here. Plus loving BA / EST mix on Traillii, I was intrigued as to the combination of DDs and ESTs on EXT... they really do make a perfect pair in my collection.

Nice. It's hard to imagine a better complimentary pair than these two right here.

No, the M9 is looking quite likely! I'm curious to see what happens with the LP P7 when it arrives, as I would like a high-end DAP without Android but I think that's quite a few months away.

Awesome M9 is a beautiful thing with EXT.

In other news I'm thinking I need to have a 4th IEM for "4 directions" type significance...not sure what my 4th should be yet.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2022 at 10:21 AM Post #14,729 of 90,681
Moce shot. What IEMs am I looking at here? I only recognize Timeless & IER Z1R.
The grey ones are the Gaudio Clariden, the green are the Oriveti OV800 and the blue/violet the Oriveti O400. All three have fantastic mids, but the O400 are the embodiment of what I call « special sauce ». They are true allrounder, 4BA with tactile bass and controlled treble.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2022 at 10:21 AM Post #14,730 of 90,681
I love and follow Khruangbin since years but never heard of Leon Bridges so far. Time to fix things apparently.
His first album is nothing short of fantastic. Love me some Leon Bridges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back