The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jan 7, 2024 at 1:25 PM Post #77,326 of 91,235
Just be warned that Quattro is far from being bass driven, I personally believe Quattro's bass is weak, especially in its mid bass region. Quattro is good for its midrange. When I first received Quattro, I was really disappointed since my entire focus and anticipation is on the bass and Quattro failed. But given it more time, I started to appreciate it, but definitely different animal from Scarlet Mini, which I am afraid to be a Wow at first, but then just tired of its one pony trick. Quattro, on the other hand, could be a keeper.
Yeah, I was dead set on Quattro until that. It still sounds like a great set, just not what i was looking for right now.

Trying to figure out the cheapest way to get the Black Cascara with the green Timestream cable at the moment... I still may get the Scarlet, but I cannot ignore this IEM now hahaha. I was looking for a good single DD.

Jan 7, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #77,327 of 91,235
You guys have a favorite cable for RN6?

I am looking for something that dont exceeds the 1,5k mark.

I have the Effect Audio Fusion1 and while it is a fantastic cable and worth its asking price and changes the music experience to a bolder and wider soundstage presentation, i much prefer the stock cable with RN6, because the center image is more locked in and it seems that micro details are better preserved with the stock cable.
Fusion1 is bolder in the presentation but also more dispersed and it seems also a little bit veiled in the highs while stock is more tightly together and more coherent and has snappier transients.

F1 is maybe a good cable for trifecta or Anni but not so for RN6 imo.
I really liked Eletech aeneid with it. Both visually and sonically. To my ears, adds a bit more clarity and soundstage.

also works great with the Jewel.

Edit: can find them sometimes in classified for 1k ish

Jan 7, 2024 at 1:34 PM Post #77,328 of 91,235
As the stock cable hater of the thread I must confess that the cable on Rn6 was actually a pretty neat match. I honestly can't recall which cables I tried but all 3 or 4 sounded worse than the stock cable (1k-2k); most notably in the mids. This was a first timer for me.

drftr

Jan 7, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #77,329 of 91,235
+1. Bass emphasis in both quantity and quality. There is something about the purity of the new DD from CA, without and BA interference. Not the most sparkling, airy highs but it's small price for all the lower register goodness.

Yeah that new driver of theirs is insanely good. Say what you will about CFA generally but they produce some of the very best bass out there.

I have the Effect Audio Fusion1 and while it is a fantastic cable and worth its asking price and changes the music experience to a bolder and wider soundstage presentation, i much prefer the stock cable with RN6, because the center image is more locked in and it seems that micro details are better preserved with the stock cable.
Fusion1 is bolder in the presentation but it seems also a little bit veiled in the highs.

I can't comment on your question but I want to say I really appreciate your user pic and agree with the sentiment wholeheartedly.

Jan 7, 2024 at 2:12 PM Post #77,330 of 91,235
UM Max? Any details about the specs?

Yes its a HK exclusive. They took the highlights of previous models: MEST, Maverick and MEXT ( & in my opinion a bit of the Merlin) . They did this via a modified bone conduction driver, 10mm Dynamic driver (including new membrane material), BA + Sonion EST.

Currently enjoying this IEM now , originally this IEM comes with some screw on mesh screen on the nozzle and the IEM tuning was OK but seemed to missed "punch" + resolution which did not make sense. I did decide to unscrew the screen and it transformed itself and really showed case the bone conduction and DD.

Great IEM plus the color of the shell and cable are really nice.

Have some separate posts with additional details.

Jan 7, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #77,331 of 91,235
A man yearns.
This man understands..
I respect your opinion and the tests carried out, in my opinion, the Usb Audio Player Pro application after logging in to Tidal sounds better than the original Tidal application. Let's stick to our opinions and it will not change my opinion that I like and respect your opinion in the thread.I respect every opinion, even though I don't have to agree with it.
I've been reading this, and I'm a confessed liberal arts guy, so the science is a little confounding. But, from my own testing, with Android players, UAPP supposedly bypasses the Android limits and applies your DAPs DAC for playback (the native app does it too). Where UAPP is nice is the integration of Qobuz, Tidal and others, again supposedly, applying your DAC without Android limitations. I'm not certain if the android native apps do that.
As the stock cable hater of the thread I must confess that the cable on Rn6 was actually a pretty neat match. I honestly can't recall which cables I tried but all 3 or 4 sounded worse than the stock cable (1k-2k); most notably in the mids. This was a first timer for me.

drftr
Gosh, the stock cable of my stable, sitting firmly attached to my Xe6, providing the cleanest, purest playback against every other cable in the stable.
Just be warned that Quattro is far from being bass driven, I personally believe Quattro's bass is weak, especially in its mid bass region. Quattro is good for its midrange. When I first received Quattro, I was really disappointed since my entire focus and anticipation is on the bass and Quattro failed. But given it more time, I started to appreciate it, but definitely different animal from Scarlet Mini, which I am afraid to be a Wow at first, but then just tired of its one trick pony. Quattro, on the other hand, could be a keeper.
Quattro seems bass tame and very balanced, only showing where the song contains big bass. But, with some tweaks, it does step up and show some increased ability to slam. Try any Code cable (I have 24 on order, with 23 on it now), try the Penon black tips, and put your DAP into high gain. Now you push Quattro into ridiculous territory (yes, ergonomic tradeoff, I accept it) that does have slamming bass while retaining its unusual highs.
Yeah that new driver of theirs is insanely good. Say what you will about CFA generally but they produce some of the very best bass out there.

I can't comment on your question but I want to say I really appreciate your user pic and agree with the sentiment wholeheartedly.
I must be getting sick in the head, but I actually dreamed that we were testing a Trifecta Special Ed with the Chromatic DDs installed. Lordy I need help!

Jan 7, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #77,332 of 91,235

Fusion1 is bolder in the presentation but also more dispersed and it seems also a little bit veiled in the highs while stock is more tightly together and more coherent and has snappier transients.

PWA FTS, Yatono 8w, OTL all work well. Above your price range new, but maybe within your range used. Shiro 8w is my favorite for Rn6.

Jan 7, 2024 at 2:30 PM Post #77,334 of 91,235
Isabellae with the Crimson cable is just a special kind of vibe.

Attachments

• 20240107_135615.jpg
    20240107_135615.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Jan 7, 2024 at 2:36 PM Post #77,336 of 91,235

drftr
Legit is a good pairing. Like the included tips on AK Aura. Also shout outs to Kinera for Loki for making the 3k feel worth it for not skimping on cable and the dozen of ear tips.

Jan 7, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #77,337 of 91,235
I've been reading this, and I'm a confessed liberal arts guy, so the science is a little confounding. But, from my own testing, with Android players, UAPP supposedly bypasses the Android limits and applies your DAPs DAC for playback (the native app does it too). Where UAPP is nice is the integration of Qobuz, Tidal and others, again supposedly, applying your DAC without Android limitations. I'm not certain if the android native apps do that.
I don't know about technical aspects, voodoo, I don't look at IEMS charts and not everything that is more expensive or newer is better for me. Maybe due to age and experience the only thing I trust is my hearing, I just put in IEMS, check different types of cables and or something sounds better or worse to me. Just that much or that much.

Jan 7, 2024 at 2:44 PM Post #77,339 of 91,235
@jwilliamhurst Did you find a cable recommendation for it? Not everyone can afford a Loki cable for it. Good luck with selling.
The Kinera Customized cable that comes with Kinera Loki is my favorite current cable for 622b however you cannot purchase that cable separately. It’s a 24strand gold plated copper/silver plated copper cable. Hopefully that is somewhat helpful @MAISONOBE AALAIN

Jan 7, 2024 at 2:44 PM Post #77,340 of 91,235
Hello

I am tempted after reading your comments to take the Canpur CP622B.

Does your experience allow you to recommend a particular cable?

Merci

I'm not sure if this directed at me or not...but I've only used the Canpur with the stock cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back