The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen | Optical/Coaxial/USB digital output | Slim design | APT-X | TYPE C |
Mar 27, 2016 at 2:04 AM Post #391 of 1,222
so far there are some very useful suggestion includes

1, two usb port , one for digital out and one for power. maybe we should design a power switcher so people can choose the supply is build in battery or USB power.

2, different shape for volume and track control buttons. 

any idea about the way to bundle it with amp ?

Do you mean how to strap it to an amp?

Here are a couple of ideas that came up in the Mojo thread. They are simple phone straps used for bicycles. You could design something similar to fit the Transport specifically.

Or, you could do a modified version of your current stacking kits.

Mar 27, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #392 of 1,222
I am not sure why you asked this question James as I believe your stacking kits are brilliant and best in industry! No part of the screen is hindered by the damn 20th century rubber bands still used in the other DAC/amps.

Mar 27, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #394 of 1,222

1, two usb port , one for digital out and one for power. maybe we should design a power switcher so people can choose the supply is build in battery or USB power.

I think somethnig like HS16 Stacking Kit would be great

Mar 27, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #396 of 1,222

No opinion about the USB, but I'd just go with your tried and true stacking kits. Those things are great. Maybe a stronger material than the plastic perhaps - although mine still hasn't broke so not really necessary.

Also if your referring to optionally bundling it with a dac/amp for purchase… yes, please
wink.gif

Mar 27, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #397 of 1,222
  ohh.. USB C!

My thoughts too.
@JamesFiiO I do like the concept and I too agree with 2 USB ports one on a separate circuit for charging only and one Data out hopefully designed without the need for a switch IMO but not essential

BUT although the industry is moving towards USB Type C and it may be future proofing, the compatibly with existing equipment may prove problematic for many

UNLESS, as Fiio have proved in the past, the included bundle would contain, for example, Micro USB-B to USB C OTG as these I know are not in plentiful supply with my search to go with my Nexus 6P has proved.

Thanks once again for at least offering the hope for such a device to become a reality.

Mar 27, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #398 of 1,222
  My thoughts too.
@JamesFiiO I do like the concept and I too agree with 2 USB ports one on a separate circuit for charging only and one Data out hopefully designed without the need for a switch IMO but not essential

BUT although the industry is moving towards USB Type C and it may be future proofing, the compatibly with existing equipment may prove problematic for many

UNLESS, as Fiio have proved in the past, the included bundle would contain, for example, Micro USB-B to USB C OTG as these I know are not in plentiful supply with my search to go with my Nexus 6P has proved.

Thanks once again for at least offering the hope for such a device to become a reality.

The computer industry is moving to the USB C standard and as it gets featured in more hardware, the adapters will start appearing in greater numbers.  I've seen at least two other DAPs that are being designed with USB C.
I'm sure FiiO will include the appropriate adapter.  I'm wondering if the transport will be compatible with the K5, even with some kind of adapter...?
Cheers and All the Best!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Mar 27, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #399 of 1,222
  The computer industry is moving to the USB C standard and as it gets featured in more hardware, the adapters will start appearing in greater numbers.  I've seen at least two other DAPs that are being designed with USB C.
I'm sure FiiO will include the appropriate adapter.  I'm wondering if the transport will be compatible with the K5, even with some kind of adapter...?
Cheers and All the Best!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

I expected them to have been available by now, gave up my search a few month back when no practical options were available (the shortest I found at the time was 0.5M) but I would hate to have to wait months for suitable adapters, but if Fiio (hint hint @JamesFiiO) do include this in the box
L3000.gif

Mar 27, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #400 of 1,222
A couple of thoughts on the latest design.  First, I think it is a good idea to have two USB inputs in general.  One for power, and one for transporting data.   I realize this model will not be usable as a DAC; but future models based on this might and separating out the power is a good idea in general.

Second, I would want the headphone out and the line out to be separate.  One of the "features" of the X1 that I truly did not find helpful was the shared line out/ headphone out.  Everytime I plugged the unit into the car I had a dialog about whether I wanted to use this as a line out or headphone out.  Truly annoying.   Far better to share the line out with the optical/coax out.  Better yet, place the line out at the bottom with the USB.  Yes this is how the original X3 was and I thought it was great.  For the car the connections for powering the unit and the connecting it to the line out were in the same place.and this was great.

As stated before this design should be the basis for a full product line (X3 Gen II or X5 Gen II).  I would rather pay $50 or $100 more and get a good higher end DAC and more power.  But I do understand were this model fits in.

Mar 27, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #401 of 1,222

Is i t possible to have it switchable in the settings like the x3 and x5 are switchable from dac to storage mode? Then you can avoid some physical complexity.

Mar 27, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #402 of 1,222
I am not sure why you asked this question James as I believe your stacking kits are brilliant and best in industry! No part of the screen is hindered by the damn 20th century rubber bands still used in the other DAC/amps.

we want to do better, basicly , it is designed for bundle so I think we need to consider it should be dundled with amp without any extra kits. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 27, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #403 of 1,222

Is i t possible to have it switchable in the settings like the x3 and x5 are switchable from dac to storage mode? Then you can avoid some physical complexity.

sure

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 27, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #404 of 1,222
we want to do better, basicly , it is designed for bundle so I think we need to consider it should be dundled with amp without any extra kits. 

So include the stacking kit, or whatever, right?

You aren't considering selling a separate amp bundled with this are you?

Mar 27, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #405 of 1,222
+1.

The 'stacking kit' should be included since this transport will be predominantly be used with a DAC/amp like E18 or Mojo. Or even with an amp like E12. So I believe the stacking mechanism (wow :)) should be included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back