The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen | Optical/Coaxial/USB digital output | Slim design | APT-X | TYPE C |
Mar 9, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #226 of 1,222
Well, I would rather have one all in unit instead of carrying around a bunch of stuff.  In my idea world I would have two units.  One pretty compact but good sounding (sort of like the Shanling M2), and one bigger but with a ton of storage options and a great DAC section and reasonably good amp and EQ that works independently of the DAC.  Maybe the X3 Gen III or X5 Gen III.
Sort of like what I described before.

When you get right down to it the X3 makes a very fine transport already; both my X3 units (gen 1 and 2) were very reliable source units when I tested the Mojo.

I do think the Mojo sets a new DAC standard for the industry; but I am sure FIIO is up to the clhallenge.

With all due respect FiiO won't get to the same DAC level as the Mojo using off the shelf hardware, and at the projected price. That's why a transport makes sense from someone like FiiO, so they can mate with better sounding devices without the cost of researching their own proprietary code and implementation.

Mar 9, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #227 of 1,222
Sorry I posted out of context.

I feel the transport device should be portable enough to not be heavy at the same time have at least 2 days battery backup and a user friendly battery replacement system. The Display should be good and especially the operating system should be very user friendly and without hitches.

Mar 9, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #228 of 1,222
Um, wrong thread? ^

Mar 9, 2016 at 4:54 AM Post #229 of 1,222
Originally Posted by ****zu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I finally received my Shure 535 today after a  wait of 2 months even though I had given up hope. These came from Canada. I am blessed. haha
They sound fabulous. Looks cool. Great packing & box. Now I will try them.
biggrin.gif

?????

Mar 9, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #231 of 1,222
I would be happy with 2.4" as I'm used to handling one that size having used one of the same dimension for months now. Mostly with reference to less battery consumption..

if the difference is marginal then a 3.2" touch screen

Mar 9, 2016 at 6:19 AM Post #232 of 1,222
Option 1. 2.4" screen make it touch screen. Add acouple physical buttons to assist fast selection. A wheel is good but you dont need the same amount of control the x1 has.
I just got the L&P L5 and I am amazed how much like having buttons for "now playing" "back" and little increments up and down the the list.

Mar 9, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #233 of 1,222
Yes, Play, Pause, Forward, Back buttons would be essential.

I find the small screen of the AK100 to be a regular pain in the ***, especially for scrolling long lists. I quite often hook up the AK240 to the Mojo just because it's so much more friendly for my man hands.

Mar 9, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #234 of 1,222
Just to point out to everyone the ibasso dx50 has a 2.4" screen while the ibasso dx80 has 3.2... I just mention those two because it is easy for me to compare touch screen sizes...
And the 2.4" definitely is annoying to scroll through a long list but it is very easy on the 3.2... unless there is another way to go quickly on the 2.4 a big memory card will cause people problems.

Mar 9, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #236 of 1,222
3.2 with physical play/pause, prev, foward, vol up&down buttons/wheeled navigation.. If it allow blind navigation and add custom button would be great

Mar 9, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #240 of 1,222
With all of the things everyone seems to want on this device, thinness, battery life, low cost, high storage capacity, im kind of surprised that so many of you are so adamant about having a relatively large touch screen. I mean yeah its nice, but i dont see it being so much faster or more convenient than a scroll wheel (with letter skipping via fast scroll) that its worth compromising any of the other design parameters i mentioned earlier in the post. I mean hell i gotta deal with the menu for less than a minute but i gotta carry its physical bulk around with me all day, hoping that battery life lasts as long as possible to play through the insane storage capacity it has while I count the money left in my wallet. Touch screen? Like bluetooth, I could take or leave. Doesnt do anything for sound quality and if anything just limits the real estate available to other design elements. Lets not even talk about the irritating behavior of a touch screen tjat gets a few drops of water on it (like in the rain)

Besides, theres been concern of the practicality of stacking this device. If anything wouldnt a larger touch screen just limit those options?

Unless theres some super awesome secret about touch screens that Im missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back