The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Jan 14, 2012 at 7:26 AM Post #32 of 4,701
Companies like Takstar and Superlux are the headphones equivalent of cheap asian bootleg DVDs and knockoff handbags.  They are reverse engineering longstanding designs on the cheap, and you generally get what you pay for.

Jan 14, 2012 at 9:05 AM Post #33 of 4,701
The Pro80 interest me more, love the all black aesthetics and sealed design. I might buy a pair and if it's not really good for the money just transplant in a Fostex ortho driver or Grado Magnum.

Jan 14, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #34 of 4,701
I got the Pro 80 comming in a short time..

Of course they look at other products when they make their products, everything else would be stupid, but they do not try to look like them, they do not try do decieve you into buying an inferior copy..

Superlux HD330 is a copy of DT880, Takstar is inspired by them, there is a big difference in my book..

Van Gogh said "good artist borrow, great artist steals"..

Buy a pair listen to them, let them burn in and give them a good source and amp. you will be happy you did so if you do..
Otherwise you get cheap pads for your beyers, even though they are oval, they can be fittet..

The only thing anybody would risk by buying a set, is that they will find out they can get very good sound at an afffordable price.
Most important their opinion on the subject would be very interesting..

Jan 14, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #35 of 4,701

Quote:

http://www.wapy.com/entiz/read.php?num=4816

I've got a bunch of TS-671's headed my way as we speak w/ the plan of transplanting ortho drivers, I will open a thread in the DIY section in due time.

That's interesting inside there. It's more intricate than I would have thought. Foams, felts etc. THANKS for that link. The 671's also remind me of some sort of electret/stat when i first look at them. Hope that works out. Let us know in the roundup thread when you start.

The Pro80's sure do look nice. Seems they come with a velour drawstring bag, and also a black and chrome hard case/box ( that should make it sound better!
darthsmile.gif
)

Jan 14, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #36 of 4,701
I'm sure there will be many more lookalike headphones as I doubt Phiaton or any of these other brands manufacture them.  They probably have the same manufacturers and leaving from the same factory.

That's why I only trust the big guns, like Sennheiser, AKG, Beyerdynamic, Audio Technica, and Shure.  I know these have 50 years establishment of R&D and professional grade equipment.  They are not BS'ing me when they say it took 2 years of R&D.  I don't trust anything that Phiaton or V-Moda may claim about their R&D.  Far as I'm concerned they just contacted some Chinese company, hired some marketing students out of college to write some BS marketing terms and send some headphones for Jude to review.  I don't think I've read a bad review from Jude yet.  Heck, the Head-Fi Christmas gift list had Beats listed... And now InnerFidelity and Tyll Hertsens is part of the Skullcandy marketing machine.  I mean Sennheiser only invented open air headpones.  But of course, Skullcandy just throwing 500 million dollars in China and USA = awesome R&D.  

The President of Fischer Audio even said Headphone market has one of the largest profit margins right now and that's why all these new brands have appeared in the last 5 years.  Now Skullcandy is a high-end brand, so is V-Moda, and so is Monster, who only made copper cables for people too dumb to know better previously.  Step 1, find manufacturer in China.  Step 2, copy appearance of known headphones.  Step 3, get some marketing BS out.  Step 4, put a nice fat price tag on it, because big money = audiophile grade equipment.  Step 5, run an exclusive beta listening period on Head-Fi.  Step 6. Massive profits.

Good stuff.

Jan 14, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #37 of 4,701
Some impressions:

Hours in service about 200..
Source AUNE S1..
Flac lossless

My normal setup, that I use at work is a Hisound Studio->Flac->Spiral ear Ref5, which is quite a strong setup in the portable area, but that is my souce for music 9 hours a day..

My normal "homephone" is JVCDX1000 .
So lets just start out by saying the Takstar HI2050 is not as good as my preferred/everyday phones, but it is much to close for comfort for a fraction of the price..

The Signature is almost flat, it is a bit elevated in the "kate bush" voice area and maybe a small rise in the topend, but very small if so..
They are 60 Ohms and 92 dB, so they do need a bit of power to perform.

What I like best about these is that they have the ability to play at the thresshold of your hearing and suddely roar at painlevel, whithout touching the volumen, songs by Dire straits have sounds at so low levels you just sense them others are very powerfull, so the dynamics of these phones are what I notice when I put them on..

They do nothing wrong, it may be a strange thing to say, but it is a fair way to decriebe them, they are not the Lamborghini off headphones,thery are the VW GOLF (in a suped up version), they just do their job well and can deliver the goods if needed..
They have the abilty to make one forget it is a headphone one is listening to, the sound is not in your head..
The bass goes very deep and is firm and springs to áction when nessesary.
they give a feeling of effortlessness to the music "I can play that" not with an attitude, just humble and polite and gets the work done well.
They sound is clearly devided it is not muddy or unclear anywhere..

Compared to the Philips HP1000 which has a simlilar signature, I get the impression of the Phillips being an old Copperthing and the Takstar is a polished version of the same thing details and sparkle is much more clear....

At the price 50$ incl shipping they are simply an amazing buy...

Jan 14, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #38 of 4,701

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Step 1, find manufacturer in China.  Step 2, copy appearance of known headphones.  Step 3, get some marketing BS out.  Step 4, put a nice fat price tag on it, because big money = audiophile grade equipment.  Step 5, run an exclusive beta listening period on Head-Fi.  Step 6. Massive profits.

Good stuff.

1:This is a well know company in china who makes both microphones and headphone (the classic combination) , nat a small sweatshop..
2:xf_eek:k
3:Not much marketing is going on nobody knows these phones.
4:These are cheap as dirt..
5:???
6:I have no financial interest whatsoever in getting people to buy Takstar...and in that pricelevel there are no massive profits..

In my country nobody knows Shure/Grado so if you mention them and nobody knows them does that make them bad ??

Jan 14, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #39 of 4,701

I only trust the big guns, like Sennheiser, AKG, Beyerdynamic, Audio Technica, and Shure.

same shell as the Ultrasone & Skullcandy: http://img.achetezfacile.com/photo/00472548.jpg

How so in your opinion?
tongue_smile.gif

There are *many* factories selling OEM phones in China, and yes dynamic drivers cost peanuts to manufacture. This is a +80 yo technology, remember? They're just pimped DT-48's(circa 1937) at heart.

The 671's also remind me of some sort of electret/stat when i first look at them. Hope that works out. Let us know in the roundup thread when you start.

I'm quite quite sure the YH-100 drivers will be killer in the TS-671 shell using FA-003 earpads. I'll add acoustic foam on the surroundings within the cups, it's gonna be good
darthsmile.gif

I had to buy a bunch of them in order to get free DHL shipping, I can't be hassled to wait + 1 month via China Post
ph34r.gif

Jan 14, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #40 of 4,701
Please give them a shot after some burn in, as they are from the box, before tearing them apart and lets us know how they sound...

Then give in to your urges and destroy "It´s clobbering time"

Where do you get the leather pads for FA003 from ??  They are awesome on the HI 2050
L3000.gif

Jan 14, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #41 of 4,701
All the reviews I read about the 671 stated that the SS is killer but that it drastically lacks bass....OTOH, most of the reviewers had crappy sources, the phone is cheap so they were expecting miracles I presume(same story for the 2050).

Jan 14, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #42 of 4,701

Quote:
All the reviews I read about the 671 stated that the SS is killer but that it drastically lacks bass....OTOH, most of the reviewers had crappy sources, the phone is cheap so they were expecting miracles I presume(same story for the 2050).

The 2050 have only started playing bas recently, they really need to bed in, maybe that could be the same with the 671, I have read similar things about them..

People should not expect miracles with the 2050 it is not something that makes you skin crawl like STAX009 or anything like that, but I would say it stands up in comparrison with phones costing 5-8 times as much..
The 2050 I bought on a whim, I thought I could use the pads or headband if they sucked, or transplant some better drivers to them, hey the add said they were waterproof, nothing to loose there, but they really took me with my pants down so to speak..

Jan 16, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #43 of 4,701
Look familiar at all? Slightly different colours, has to be oem'd by Takstar. I kind of like the colour scheme and finish myself, not the higher price though. ALTHOUGH when overseas shipping is factored in they may come out even depending . If you're lucky.

same specs for driver on both so :
• Frequency Response: 15Hz-25kHz
• Sensitivity: 92dB±3dB

This 990 says  : [size=x-small][size=x-small]"Super Bass Drivers" whereas in the 2050 there is no mention of that description ( actually found it it says "full bodied bass " ). Perhaps they specified different driver for the OEM[/size][/size] but the specs are the same interior damping or tuning may be different, maybe.

Jan 16, 2012 at 4:44 AM Post #45 of 4,701
Just discover that I can get them quite easily, it's dirt cheap costing like around USD$40.

Will compare these bad boys with the Senns and Beyers in hand and tell you guys the result later!

*Update: Just found that Soomal had reviewed the pairs.
Seems that the look is similar, sounds nice out the box but that's all and the quality is not comparable to Bey. Still I want to try them on for some real hand on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back