The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Jan 9, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #16 of 4,701

Quote:
Claus, the HP1000 on sound quality alone is pure Mid-Fi (in Head-Fi rankings that is), give it a good amplifier and set up and it scales up. Sometimes being a headphone addict is really worth it...

I know that...
I rank it somewhere between HD595 and HD650 in SQ, but unamped they are still hard to beat..

Jan 9, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #18 of 4,701

Quote:
It is in K701 territory i.m.h.o.

How is the isolation with the Takstar? Is it in the HD25/K81/K518/K181-league?

To me 701 and 650 is in the same boat regarding the SQ.

The HI2050 is an open phone so the isolation is about the same as 701/DT880/HD650 etc.

I have the PRO80 comming which is the closed version of them, but can not say how well they isolates yet.

Jan 10, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #19 of 4,701
Thanks for the link. I translated with IMTranslator and got most of it. Pretty interesting. You did a group buy for the PRO80's?
Looking forward to hearing how the 2050 sound ends up after a bit of time. While the subject was brought up, as a reference point how close do they compare to the 701/650/1000  as they are now and how many hours on them so far? Since I have the shp9000's which are same as the 1000's but tuned slightly more analytical apparently,  it's something I can sort of compare to in dynamic headphones. ( I have more orthos and stats than dynamics just the way it ended up. )

Jan 10, 2012 at 5:43 AM Post #21 of 4,701

Quote:
To me 701 and 650 is in the same boat regarding the SQ.

You actually think the K701 and HD650 sound the same? See, first I thought "hey these Takstar cans are pretty neat" since you started out pretty convincing in your praise, early on in the thread. However, statements like this make me think you might have a very different set of ears than I do and I therefore won't dig these Takstars at all. :) 

EDIT: slightly adjusted the tone to sound less like a cynical person

Jan 10, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #22 of 4,701

Quote:
You actually think the K701 and HD650 sound the same? See, first I thought "hey these Takstar cans are pretty neat" since you started out pretty convincing in your praise, early on in the thread. However, statements like this make me think you might have a very different set of ears than I do and I therefore won't dig these Takstars at all. :) 

EDIT: slightly adjusted the tone to sound less like a cynical person

It is OK
But please read what I write, I have not written that the 701 and 650 sound alike, they have the same high SQ, but very different signatures, but both are very good at what they do...
So from a technical point of view they are of the same good quality..but sounds very different very much indeed...

Both Mercedes and Audi make good and well buildt cars, but still very different..

To me there is a huge difference in signature and SQ, the signature is what we mostly decribe the SQ is more the technical aspect..

We have a saying in my country "some like the mother other the daugther" both are fine women but taste is different from person to person.

I do however not care much for either one, the 701 is a cynical person (pun intended lol) and way to sterile for my taste.
The 650 on the other hand is to laid back..

So I guess I would pick the cousin LOL

Hope this gives some kind of sense ??

Jan 10, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #23 of 4,701

Quote:

I do however not care much for either one, the 701 is a cynical person (pun intended lol) and way to sterile for my taste.

The K701's are very amp dependant. You can change its sound sig by changing the amp Imo. 

Jan 11, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #25 of 4,701

Quote:
The K701's are very amp dependant. You can change its sound sig by changing the amp Imo. 

True, but it is much easier buying a headphone which have a signature you like instead of buying one you do not like and waste lots of $$$ making them sound different, when you just could have bought one you liked at the beginning..
At least that is my opinion..

701 is a good phone no doubt about that, but I just do not like them..

Jan 14, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #28 of 4,701
Call me suspicious, but there's a huge difference between building what's been done in the past to create something new and blatantly copying another company's goods.

Those definitely look like the latter.

Jan 14, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #29 of 4,701
I'm still interested in seeing pictures of the innards.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 14, 2012 at 5:36 AM Post #30 of 4,701

Originally Posted by nick n /img/forum/go_quote.gif

any chance you could take a picture of the insides

http://www.wapy.com/entiz/read.php?num=4816

I've got a bunch of TS-671's headed my way as we speak w/ the plan of transplanting ortho drivers, I will open a thread in the DIY section in due time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back