The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Oct 9, 2015 at 6:47 AM Post #3,751 of 4,701
Someone asked me to compare the Pro80 and the HI2050. Maybe someone else is interested as well so I leave it here also:

Finally got some time to sit down with the Pro80's and the HI2050's.

Let me first say that both of these are great headphones at their respectively price. Iirc correctly I paid less than $80 for both, pretty amazing.

The closed Pro80 naturally has better subbass extension and impact but the difference is not as big as one might expect. I do feel that the bass on the Pro80 is a bit tighter and less boomy (better quality) also. The HI2050 has more mid-bass bloom while the Pro80's sound very clean and clear.

Surprisingly enough the Pro80's are also a bit brighter sounding and because if this feels more energetic in its presentation. The Pro80 can also sound slightly hollow in vocal reproduction occasionally (something I find typical for closed cans so they're not worse than any other in this aspect). Treble extension is quite similar on the two.

Soundstage on the HI2050 is naturally better (due to them being half closed) but again the difference is smaller than one would expect. Although the HI2050 has a more airier presentation the difference is not big.

In all these are quite similar sounding so the differences are by no means huge (after all they do use the same drivers). The biggest difference is definitely in the bass and with some music without prominent bass they sound almost identical (with the Pro80's being slightly brighter).

Build is very similar but the headband on the Pro80 is of better quality and feel more sturdy.

If I had to pick a winner I'd go with the Pro80's because of the less intrusive mid-bass and better headband, others might choose differently though. I seriously doubt anyone would love one and hate the other, they're way to similar for that.

I usually prefer open headphones so this is quite an surprise to me.

Also, the price for less mid-bass on the Pro80 are a bit less full male voices.

Please note that I use both with Brainwavz HM5 velour pads.

Oct 9, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #3,752 of 4,701
I believe that one could almost get the Pro80 sound out of the HI 2050 with Pro80, or better yet, HM5 pleather pads. The Pro80 pleather pads can be had for pretty cheap online. And with the pad rolling and some precise equalization, the HI 2050 with its semi-open design can become quite a versatile headphone, and a more economic option than the Pr80: Velour pads for music that need clarity and a adequate, pleasant bass; and the pleather pads for bass heavier genres.
L3000.gif

Oct 11, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #3,753 of 4,701
I know this has been asked before, but is the sound of the Kingston HyperX Cloud really equal to the Pro80?
Also, if I actually buy the HyperX Cloud, which pads should I use for listening to metal music: the pleather or the velour ones?

Oct 11, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #3,754 of 4,701
I know this has been asked before, but is the sound of the Kingston HyperX Cloud really equal to the Pro80?
Also, if I actually buy the HyperX Cloud, which pads should I use for listening to metal music: the pleather or the velour ones?

Pleather hm5 pads, definitely! The velours kill the bass and metal definitely needs some good bass.

Oct 12, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #3,757 of 4,701
Did anyone heard about the HyperX Cloud Core? They seem just like a Cloud II but with less accessories but do they have the same sound as the Pro80?

This review says that the size of the Cloud Core is smaller and that the sound is different.
"The overall size is a little smaller than the Cloud II and this is noticeable on my head (larger in size) and makes my ears feel a little hotter, combined with slightly less comfort."
"When compared to the Cloud II, this headset lacks the rumbling bass and the clarity isn't quite as crisp, but parts of it are certainly present."

However, HyperX and other people say that everything is the same as the Cloud Core, just less accessories.

Oct 12, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #3,758 of 4,701
I'd guess it is the same just with less accessories. I don't know what to make of the review... Looking at the pictures it does not look any smaller. Also the reviewer obviously doesn't know much about audio gear. "This information alone shows that we're looking at around a 50mW output higher and almost-double the Ohms on offer than competing headsets, once again accentuating the HyperX quality I have experienced in the past. " Makes sense...

Oct 12, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #3,759 of 4,701
Why can't Takstar release a Takstro Pro 80 V.3 with a detachable cable?
mad.gif

I need a good closed headphone. I would buy the cloud headset but the microphone quality is awful.

I want to use my V-Moda boom pro mic. Looks like I have to mod them.

Oct 14, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #3,760 of 4,701
ANYONE have more impressions of the new Pro 80? I want a pair for portable use with a straight cable, but not if the sound is changed to be a disgusting V-shape like it has been implied. If its the case the only portable option would the be Hyper X cloud, but those look so friggin ugly outside of gaming or middle-school.

Oct 14, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #3,761 of 4,701
ANYONE have more impressions of the new Pro 80? I want a pair for portable use with a straight cable, but not if the sound is changed to be a disgusting V-shape like it has been implied. If its the case the only portable option would the be Hyper X cloud, but those look so friggin ugly outside of gaming or middle-school.

There's no difference to my ears between the old and the new ones (I've never read about it either as far as I can remember) . The cable is pretty long for portable use though.

Oct 14, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #3,764 of 4,701
  Ordered the Takstar Pro 80 with free shipping from china for 48 bucks. Now It's time to wait.
L3000.gif

If you went the free shipping route, strap in because it'll be a long slog.
regular_smile .gif
It'll be worth it though, for the price.

Oct 15, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #3,765 of 4,701
  If you went the free shipping route, strap in because it'll be a long slog.
regular_smile%20.gif
It'll be worth it though, for the price.

Yep, be prepared for around 2 months postage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back