The Stax thread (New)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 7, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #10,186 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oublie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
before my time i'm afraid only joined last april since then i've gone from panasonic 'surround sound' wireless junk to omegas
bigsmile_face.gif
with quite a few steps on the way.

Yes, I got a bit of a kick when my roommate decided to replace his dead eggos with a 5.1 headphone. He's seen me on Head-Fi and he's really smart so I'm at a loss for words to explain his action.

Now you know where you can find a Sigma Pro when you are ready for one.

Mar 7, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #10,187 of 24,807
Hey Kintsaki, would you share with us soon some more impressions on the K1000 (vs the Omega2, or on it's own terms). If not in this thread, could you let us know where? Previously I heard comments on lack of bass so I thought it would be redundant in relation to Stax, but your last 2 comments intrigue me.
PS, audiod told me they are inconsistant, in that like a few other phones, they sound just amazing with some types of material, and just frustatingly inadequate with others.

Mar 7, 2009 at 8:23 AM Post #10,188 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by billyearle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Kintsaki, would you share with us soon some more impressions on the K1000 (vs the Omega2, or on it's own terms). If not in this thread, could you let us know where? Previously I heard comments on lack of bass so I thought it would be redundant in relation to Stax, but your last 2 comments intrigue me.
PS, audiod told me they are inconsistant, in that like a few other phones, they sound just amazing with some types of material, and just frustatingly inadequate with others.

I hope you would find everything you like to know about the K-1000 here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f113/e...-k1000-244630/

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #10,189 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richter Di /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope you would find everything you like to know about the K-1000 here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f113/e...-k1000-244630/

Thanks Richter, that's very, very helpful, I took a dip into it.
I would still like to hear Kintsaki's opinions in particular, as I am a bit of a fan.
I don't think I'll be buying them soon anyway. & If outside noise is MUCH more of a problem than on regular open phones, it could rule them out for me.

Mar 8, 2009 at 9:17 AM Post #10,190 of 24,807
Quote:

I would still like to hear Kintsaki's opinions in particular, as I am a bit of a fan.
I don't think I'll be buying them soon anyway. & If outside noise is MUCH more of a problem than on regular open phones, it could rule them out for me.

Hi guys, first let me say I am also a fun for both of you.
I have been busy and will be for a little while longer but I promise I will post my findings on the K-1000 and I may even buy a K701 that I have never heard.
There are quite a few things in relation to the K-1000 I want to say but I want to experiment some more and go through all my bipolar moods with them first.
I was so impressed that I started with researching the threads first and now I see that Richcter has done a superb job on that that will help me a lot. I am also very much interested in Richters personal opinions based on his post on the 4070 and the fact that he is a notorious low volume level listener and I am probably the exact opposite in the manic phase (blew the drivers on all my Grados in a three month period and almost killed the Senn 600's.
The K-1000 may be the most difficult set to setup and I plan to post a guide for that.
My two word description for it (stolen from another Headfier) is Visceral Transparency.
I will PM you with the location of the post when I am ready
beerchug.gif

Mar 8, 2009 at 11:31 AM Post #10,191 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by kintsaki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will PM you with the location of the post when I am ready
beerchug.gif

Great. I am looking forward to that.

Quote:

Hi guys, first let me say I am also a fun for both of you.

What a positive attitude
bigsmile_face.gif

Quote:

The K-1000 may be the most difficult set to setup and I plan to post a guide for that.

Right you are. Best AMP I ever heard for them was the CEC AMP 53
amp53_innen.jpg

After longterm try including modding the cable and buying the seldom available BAP 1000 I traded them against the 4070.

Mar 8, 2009 at 11:33 AM Post #10,192 of 24,807
Is there anyone who has any information about using two very high end McIntosh MC1.2kW Mono Block Power Amplifiers with a Stax SRM007t and or Stax SRM007ta Headphone Amplifier. The SRMs would be used in Preamp mode. I would also be using one of my four types of Stax Pro Headphones- see list below.

Has anyone tried this already?

How would such a system be hooked up?

Should I disconnect my external speaker wires from the MC1.2s?

Of course I would be keeping the Volumes down very low as not to hurt my ears and or the equipment.

If someone has tried this, what results in Sound did you get?

Thanks Scottsmrnyc

Mar 8, 2009 at 11:36 AM Post #10,193 of 24,807
Quote:

PS: There is also a new thread http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f113/a...-links-412862/

Mar 8, 2009 at 11:37 AM Post #10,194 of 24,807
Thanks very much for helping. I just got the answer to my question about McIntosh and Stax on another Stax Thread. Enjoy Scottsmrnyc

Mar 8, 2009 at 1:58 PM Post #10,195 of 24,807
I just feel like jumping in here randomly and saying, SR5NB + 007t + jazz = seriously good.

I'm going to borrow a pair of Lambda Novas next and maybe write up some notes.

Mar 8, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #10,196 of 24,807
God I love my LNS's, and this is the only thread I can scream it out loud... lol.

Mar 8, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #10,198 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
God I love my LNS's, and this is the only thread I can scream it out loud... lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Buchanan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those LNS are a good phone.

What do you prefer about the LNS over the Lambda Signature, if anything?

Mar 8, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #10,199 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you prefer about the LNS over the Lambda Signature, if anything?

Never heard a Lambda Signature. Almost everybody who has compared mentions the upper midrange sting of the LS compared with the LNS.

Mar 8, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #10,200 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oublie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
before my time i'm afraid only joined last april since then i've gone from panasonic 'surround sound' wireless junk to omegas
bigsmile_face.gif
with quite a few steps on the way.

Late last year (2008) I just missed the opportunity to buy a Sigma Pro from "Thrice". I am a Greek-American but I was caught on the bureaucracy of the Patriot Act.
I don't think Thrice sold his pair but I may be wrong.
Below is a link to my post on him selling me the SRD7 for them. It was my first transaction through Headfi.

thrice - Page 5 - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back