The Stax thread (New)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 9, 2009 at 3:52 AM Post #10,201 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richter Di /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PS: There is also a new thread http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f113/a...-links-412862/

Since this is the most comprehensive single thread on K-1000 and it is started by a Headfier with an extraordinary sensitivity on positive thinking and kindness I will start posting there on the K-1000.
Let me provide two links to add to it.

For the artist in you "billyearl" (and the rest of you all) here is a "blackened red-fish"
wink_face.gif
, black K-1000 and it is the only one. The Chef of this exquisite recipe is Headfier "Meyvn".
"Billyearl" your friend's "AduioD" remarks on the K-1000 are mostly in agreement with my findings. And our Chef is a Grado lover as well as a Senn lover (now that beats me, but I guess he is a Maharajah kind of guy like a lot of us).

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/bla...arning-203854/

it is black alright but not any darker sounding.

To give you an idea of the experimentation I am about to go through please read Headfier's "Ferbose"
post on "jjcha"'s K-1000 appreciation thread.

(and Richter it is Ferbose not ""Verbose"")
wink_face.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/oh-...47/index3.html

Using the multi-track Sound Forge 9 along with the Ozone 4 plugging I will have Lynx2 B drive the sub-woofers, speakers and headphones and control and equalize the 3 amps involved independently and with Ozone 4 I will manipulate the nonlinear characteristics of the amps to fine tune this complex system.
Let God
confused_face(1).gif
(I mean my Amon Zeus polymorphic rig test bed in my homonym thread) Help me.

Mar 9, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #10,202 of 24,807
I know this may be trivial....my modded SRM-001 is nothing like what the big STAXes. But this I am very certain of now - with all the caps and mods all cooked, the sound that I am getting from this baby is nothing short of eargasmic - so much so that I find little need to listen to my ER-4S rig which pales in contrast. Even my K701 (single ended amped) is incapable of emitting the lushness and realism projected by the modded SRM-001.

STAX rules!

Mar 9, 2009 at 4:12 AM Post #10,203 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know this may be trivial....my modded SRM-001 is nothing like what the big STAXes. But this I am very certain of now - with all the caps and mods all cooked, the sound that I am getting from this baby is nothing short of eargasmic - so much so that I find little need to listen to my ER-4S rig which pales in contrast. Even my K701 (single ended amped) is incapable of emitting the lushness and realism projected by the modded SRM-001.

STAX rules!

Welcome to "club-mod 001".

Mar 9, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #10,205 of 24,807
Quote:

STAX rules!

Any ideas on the ear plugs? That coupling may need improving. Also I lost my original plugs is there any place to buy replacements? You are right these babies
smoke the Etys and for me maybe even the O2's.

Mar 9, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #10,206 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by kintsaki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any ideas on the ear plugs? That coupling may need improving. Also I lost my original plugs is there any place to buy replacements? You are right these babies
smoke the Etys and for me maybe even the O2's.

You can try emailing STAX Japan directly. I have been lucky to keep my ear plugs within sight - as I can't imagine how difficult it will be if I lose them.

....even the O2s? now that's really something.

Mar 9, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #10,208 of 24,807
Quote:

You can try emailing STAX Japan directly. I have been lucky to keep my ear plugs within sight - as I can't imagine how difficult it will be if I lose them.

....even the O2s? now that's really something.

yes HeadponeAddict and I have also another name for it
"Alizee" (my son's French teacher) there is a post of mine showing the method she came up with to draw my son's attention to the class.

Mar 9, 2009 at 9:59 AM Post #10,209 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you prefer about the LNS over the Lambda Signature, if anything?

It sounds just more musical and coherent. There is no peaks or inbalance in any range of the LNS, it gives you such a musical and relaxed experience, that you don't think about anything just the music. This was something pretty new for me, as I always start thinking about stuff that doesn't sound right, with the LNS I don't have this at all. I have this expensive SPL Phonitor sitting next to me with my RS1, and also a PS1000 and a K1000 on the way, and I'm starting to regret it all. Maybe I should'v just sticked with the LNS
frown.gif
, ow well, hope when I sell it it won't cost me too much
frown.gif

Mar 9, 2009 at 3:20 PM Post #10,210 of 24,807
I have been looking for a Stax SR-30/40 frame, to use as a housing for Yamaha ortho drivers.
I found a Micro Seiki MS-2, does anyone know if this is the same size as a SR-30?
Thanks!!

Mar 9, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #10,212 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are roughly the same size but the drivers are a part of the chassis on the M-S and not modular like with the Stax.

Oh...thanks. So basically that makes it useless as an ortho fosterphone im guessing?

Mar 9, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #10,214 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe not useless but much harder to work with.

Thanks, I think its best I hold out for the SR frames then.

EDIT: In fact since this is the Stax thread. If anyone here has a SR-30 or SR-40, or similar headphone. PM me, id like to buy it
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks

Mar 9, 2009 at 7:38 PM Post #10,215 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by kintsaki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since this is the most comprehensive single thread on K-1000 and it is started by a Headfier with an extraordinary sensitivity on positive thinking and kindness I will start posting there on the K-1000.

Kind words! Thanks a lot!
bigsmile_face.gif

I see myself as having a positive and kind spirit most of the time, and certainly nice to see others having the same opinion.

Quote:

Both links added! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back