The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Sep 14, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #31 of 2,849
DSnuts and I were talking about these.
From what I've read from him and you, these seems to kick the Monoprice cans butt!
I actually was surprised with the Monoprice cans and found them to my liking
(they sleep at work now! :p)

If this one reproduces the low-end better and it's a bit warmer but still musical and enjoyable,
I might just sell the Monoprice ones to someone at work (or just give them to someone in need
crying themselves to death in one of our cubicles!! :p)

Sep 14, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #32 of 2,849

Quote:
DSnuts and I were talking about these.
From what I've read from him and you, these seems to kick the Monoprice cans butt!
I actually was surprised with the Monoprice cans and found them to my liking
(they sleep at work now! :p)

If this one reproduces the low-end better and it's a bit warmer but still musical and enjoyable,
I might just sell the Monoprice ones to someone at work (or just give them to someone in need
crying themselves to death in one of our cubicles!! :p)

Heya,

I gave mine away (the monoprices) and sold the Kickers, I think they're excellent for that. It's like buying someone lunch really. These things are a lot better for the $30. $10 more than the MHP-839. You get better cups, larger ones, better overall build quality and materials, and the sound is improved significantly with a better sound stage too. The issue with the monoprice/kickers was the size of the actual headphone. It was smallish for a full size. These panasonics are not shy on size. It's refreshing. I keep putting it down to get something, come back, grab it and think "Man... these feel good in my hands" You know? They don't feel like the cost.

Very best,

Sep 15, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #33 of 2,849
Just pulled the trigger on these, should come by next Tuesday (possibly earlier since they ship from within my state).  Should be interesting to compare these to the Monoprice Kicker Rebrands I should be getting by Friday.  One thing I wanted to ask you guys, how good is the cable on the Panasonics in terms of durability near the jack?  Sadly I tend to have a horrible time on the connection end.  What i liked about the Monoprices were that the cords were easily replaceable.  Is it the same with the Panasonics? 

Edit:  Btw Dsnuts, I was checking out those same earbuds from Monoprice myself.  I was gonna get them with the Kicker rebrands, but decided not too.  How are you liking them?  I can use a new pair for working out at the gym (to replace the cheap HTC ones that came with my phone).

Sep 15, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #34 of 2,849

Quote:
Just pulled the trigger on these, should come by next Tuesday (possibly earlier since they ship from within my state).  Should be interesting to compare these to the Monoprice Kicker Rebrands I should be getting by Friday.  One thing I wanted to ask you guys, how good is the cable on the Panasonics in terms of durability near the jack?  Sadly I tend to have a horrible time on the connection end.  What i liked about the Monoprices were that the cords were easily replaceable.  Is it the same with the Panasonics? 

Heya,

The cord is not detachable, that's one thing that also didn't quite make the cut in the budget crunch I suppose. So if you yank them, well, you're out $30 which is a night out to the movies and an inexpensive dinner for one day. The cord is pretty long though and terminates into 3.5mm with an adapter. The cord is pretty good, it's average, not super thin or stringy, but not a sheathed silver twist or anything.

Very best,

Sep 15, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #35 of 2,849
Dsnuts put me on the waiting list for these too
darthsmile.gif
  I should get mine hopefully next week.  Cannot wait...

Sep 15, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #36 of 2,849

Quote:

Edit:  Btw Dsnuts, I was checking out those same earbuds from Monoprice myself.  I was gonna get them with the Kicker rebrands, but decided not too.  How are you liking them?  I can use a new pair for working out at the gym (to replace the cheap HTC ones that came with my phone).

You want punchy bass good clean more balance in your IEM or you want the IEM version of these Panasonics.. Are you a BASS head.?? If so I can recommend the Monoprice earbuds but there is one more I haven't shown you guys yet..

These earphones I have and use are for real BASS heads. I am not kidding.. Try the  JVC FAX1X.  Unreal good for $20.. The difference in the 2.. The monoprice one is cleaner sounding with better balance and definition.. The JVCs?  Atomic BASS and forward mids good clean highs with a warm sound signature.. A blast to listen to music with.. I will do another review like these Panasonics soon on the JVCs.. They would be the IEM version of these Panasonics. A blast for your ears.

Sep 15, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #38 of 2,849

Quote:
You bet your arse!! You guys are the early adapters..Let these TAKE OFF!! hahaha Dare I see a Pansonic HTF 600-S appreciation thread? I can see these becoming a legendary phone. Seriously.

Heya,

If they had a brand name that is associated with audiophilia and was about $150 or so, they would be a house hold name.

Very best,

Sep 15, 2011 at 12:40 AM Post #39 of 2,849
Ya but if you think about it isn't surprising that these are made by Panasonic. These are made by one of the best electronics manufacturers of all time. I mean I grew up with Panasonics and Sony as the best brands for anything during the 80s and even the 90s..It is hard for me to believe these only cost $30 yet they easily hand many a phones it's lunch.. I think I know what is up with these. I think maybe Panasonic was sick of everyone else getting the lime light on the headphone market and threw in a Trojan horse.. These would be it... I mean how the heck are these $30???!!

I was looking at these on amazon.. looked at the specs.. Took a hard look at what they look like on the pics and for some reason I had to try them...These are a monster find guys..Wait till you guys that ordered them hear them...Remember 50 hours burn in.. Minimum 24.

Sep 15, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #42 of 2,849
That is awesome hahaha.!! I wish I could smoke some of that. I would throw in some of that medicinal stuff that is everywhere here in Denver as well hahaa.!! Your right but I still know they will smooth out a bit on the sounds and bass even more full believe it or not..Well I do have a theory that people who listen to Dub end up breaking in the drivers faster..haha too much Slamming beats that blast on them drivers. That pic look like a poster.

Sep 15, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #43 of 2,849
HA that's a GREAT test for stuff. Fun. Hope I can find these locally. No more credit card use here for a while.

Sep 15, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #45 of 2,849
Oh yeah I guess i can hook up my bank to Paypal I totally forgot about that.... thanks for the reminder...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back