The Official Horror game Thread!! Lets put those headphones to good use!
Aug 13, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #242 of 354
So, recently a demo of Silent Hill-related Source mod - Alchemilla - has been released. Supposedly it's pretty good - I can't check it, because I'm stuck on a netbook ATM. It features no combat, though - unlike most of SH games. 

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=649191

Aug 13, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #243 of 354
Quote:
So, recently a demo of Silent Hill-related Source mod - Alchemilla - has been released. Supposedly it's pretty good - I can't check it, because I'm stuck on a netbook ATM. It features no combat, though - unlike most of SH games. 

Now that's a good use for the Source engine. 
cool.gif

Aug 13, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #244 of 354
Quote:

Looks great.....I don't see why they didn't use fixed camera's like silent hill used too.

Aug 13, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #245 of 354
Most likely it's easier that way. Probably Source isn't really made as an universal engine (unlike UDK/Unity), so doing a fixed camera would create additional work, assuming it's possible without going into the source code itself.

Aug 13, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #246 of 354
Quote:
Most likely it's easier that way. Probably Source isn't really made as an universal engine (unlike UDK/Unity), so doing a fixed camera would create additional work, assuming it's possible without going into the source code itself.

It's very possible. A few source mod games do use a third person and fixed cam at times.

Aug 15, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #247 of 354
By the way, started Silent Hill again. Never got far for some reason (never really had an opportunity to play it for real), but I just beat the piano puzzle in the school, so I'm further than I ever was (even if it's still early). Hopefully I actually finish it this time. :)

Aug 22, 2013 at 5:59 AM Post #248 of 354
FEAR. I just remember back about 5 years ago when my friend got the game but couldn't play it because he said he might piss his pants. Called me over and and watched me play it for a couple hours but he got too freaked out. I ended up beating the game after a couple days and got both expansion packs fear2 and 3 as well. I just remember having a lot of fun with the first one and up until Extraction Point. The rest got too weird.

Anybody else enjoy the FEAR series?

Aug 25, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #249 of 354
I really like the fear games.  Fear 3 was a little weird, but I though the rest were a lot of fun.

I like the gameplay and they're fun games for immersion with headphones.

Aug 28, 2013 at 4:43 AM Post #251 of 354
The first FEAR was excellent. Great atmosphere and just the right amount of gunplay and scares. The 2nd one had its moments (anyone remember those "experiments"?) but wasn't as scary as a whole. The 3rd one lost most of it's horror elements due to co-op. Which is kind of similar to Dead Space, but that's a whole other series...

Aug 28, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #252 of 354
I much prefer taking down squads of replicant soldiers/assassins/mechs with high tech weapons in the first two games to the spinning around in circles shooting demon dogs and weird zombie people with pipes in the 3rd game.

The FEAR FILES expansion packs (Extraction Point, Perseus Mandate) are worth playing too.  Extraction Point is the better of the two.

Sep 4, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #254 of 354
Btw, only about 5 hours left till Outlast is unlocked on Steam. There's still 20% pre-purchase discount until the game is unlocked. I just can't wait.

edit: I played a little bit and yeah, it's pretty intense.

Sep 6, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #255 of 354
  Btw, only about 5 hours left till Outlast is unlocked on Steam. There's still 20% pre-purchase discount until the game is unlocked. I just can't wait.

edit: I played a little bit and yeah, it's pretty intense.

You stole my words, lol. 

I was looking at some gameplays, but i couldn't stand it. May try it over the wkd. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back