The Official Horror game Thread!! Lets put those headphones to good use!
Sep 8, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #256 of 354
I don't know of Metro 2033 can be classified as a horror game, but when I was playing it with my headphone, I felt really depressed and sensitive to lights. I think the atmosphere is better than the original Fear gave me.

Sep 8, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #257 of 354
Metro 2033 has excellent atmosphere.  I haven't played the new one (Last Light), but I hope it also has a great atmosphere.

Sep 8, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #258 of 354
  I don't know of Metro 2033 can be classified as a horror game, but when I was playing it with my headphone, I felt really depressed and sensitive to lights. I think the atmosphere is better than the original Fear gave me.

Yeah, Metro falls on the survival horror category. 

Sep 9, 2013 at 6:59 AM Post #259 of 354
Outlast is also coming to PS4.

popcorn.gif

Sep 9, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #260 of 354
  Outlast is also coming to PS4.

popcorn.gif

Yeah, but I don't see why someone would wait one more year for it if it's available for pc right now? Anyway, it's a pretty good game with pretty good graphics and not even just for a horror game. 

Sep 9, 2013 at 7:36 AM Post #261 of 354

Yeah, but I don't see why someone would wait one more year for it if it's available for pc right now?

...maybe their PC isn't a gaming PC and isn't powerful enough to run modern games. 
wink.gif

Sep 9, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #262 of 354

...maybe their PC isn't a gaming PC and isn't powerful enough to run modern games. 
wink.gif

I guess, although Outlast isn't a particularly demanding game. But I have to admit that my pc is starting to show its age and while for this gen games I use my ps3 mainly for exclusives and play almost everything else on my pc, I'll probably use the ps4 way more than my pc for gaming. Especially when the more demanding next-gen games start coming out just because nowadays game companies optimize their games way better for consoles and for pc they just make crappy ports that require top-of-the-line hardware not because they have ground breaking graphics but just because the developers don't care that their game with dated graphics requires a $2000 pc to run it semi-decently.

Sep 10, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #263 of 354
The only horror game I am looking forward to is Resident Evil 1.5 (finished by Team IGAS). I've played their WIP build "Magic Zombie Door" and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I can't believe I was finally able to play 1.5 after 11 years or so of waiting!

What they are doing is taking the early beta form of the game that is 40% complete (I say even less) and modifying it to be complete. They are replacing all placeholder icons/images, have all weapons fully functioning now, and are recreating missing rooms along with new enemies with their own AI. It's really a full blown project.

You guys can follow their progress here > http://www.the-horror.com/forums/showthread.php?9548-Some-cool-1-5-exclusive-screenshots-(It-s-like-Dino-Crisis-3!-Biohazard-in-SPACE!!)

And here > http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgihg2gRH-_LoXWHCCQEedw

Sep 12, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #264 of 354
Anyone else excited for "The Evil within"? new info hitting on the 26th!

Sep 14, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #266 of 354
Hey,

The gameplay for Evil Within (Psycho Break) looks like a mix between RE4 and RE5. I was not a fan of RE4 controls, mainly because it changed the way you play. The controls are good though. Very fluid and smooth.

Now the atmosphere look really good and some parts look like they are lifter from RE4. More specifically the village section. The enemies die in a similar way and have similar animations and AI. To me this looks like an upgraded RE4.

I'll reserve my judgement until when it comes out.

Sep 16, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #267 of 354
I really enjoyed the first Condemned game. I really enjoyed how the game managed to keep up its eerie atmosphere after the scary factor left.  The first bad guy saw me down a hallway and I expected him to come right at me. The tricky little minx ducked in a room and we proceeded to play a deadly game of hide and seek. Definitely got my heart rate up.  After the first fight of each horror game I usually figure out how it works and it's all elementary after that. I guess I approach the games too systematically.

Best Dead Space scare? In the first game: Skip sees a necro look at him and walk away around the corner up ahead. Skip follows with his gun out and sees the necro walk around the next corner. Skip follows, even more cautiously, and finds...nothing? THEN THE NECRO JUMPS SKIP FROM BEHIND AND HE HAS TO MASH THE E BUTTON TO GET IT OFF, GET IF OFF!  That's how I learned what the vent covers looked like. I didn't realize those were monster closets until that point. Totally missed any earlier reveal that those ubiquitous things were portals for them.

Sep 26, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #268 of 354
Hey,

The gameplay for Evil Within (Psycho Break) looks like a mix between RE4 and RE5. I was not a fan of RE4 controls, mainly because it changed the way you play. The controls are good though. Very fluid and smooth.

Now the atmosphere look really good and some parts look like they are lifter from RE4. More specifically the village section. The enemies die in a similar way and have similar animations and AI. To me this looks like an upgraded RE4.

I'll reserve my judgement until when it comes out.

I don't know but IMHO , evil within looks way freakier than even re4. And you actually get a sense of panic from the gameplay footage. RE4 was more combative.

Lol@ monster closets in dead space. Nothing freakse out more than the cryo tubes in dead space 2
.. Freaking freezer area and you don't know which ones are going to break open and chase you down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back