The Official Horror game Thread!! Lets put those headphones to good use!
Oct 10, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #211 of 354
Quote:
Some games that gave me the chills at times:

- Sanitarium, that level with the conscious plant consuming the children was genius. 

- I have no mouth and I must scream, the atmosphere is suffocating and it really got to me when I was a kid playing this in the dark

- Dark Seed, HR GIGER. Need I say more? 

All games I want to try but cant find.

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #212 of 354
Ok I just pooped my pants a little:

Something about the graphics, the pace and the sound just got me. Reminds me of a mix between Amnesia and Condemned!

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #213 of 354
Been playing Amnesia:Justine. The monsters are a lot freakier and I like the story much better.

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #214 of 354
I've been playing the Alpha and Beta versions of BIOHAZARD (Resident Evil) recently, and those are quite cool It's cool to see how the game changed over the course of it's development.

There is also a message written in blood on a wall in one of them that translates to "It's hard to breath, someone please stop this pain". Spooky man!

Dec 3, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #216 of 354
More horror games for consoles PLZ!!

K THX BYE!!  
normal_smile .gif

Dec 11, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #217 of 354
RE 1-2-3 was amazing series, 4 is medicore 5 is definetly boring. Also i recommend  silent hill series, i still didn't play from beginning to end because of my fears. Dead Space and F.E.A.R is realy cool series.

Dec 11, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #218 of 354
Quote:
RE 1-2-3 was amazing series, 4 is medicore 5 is definetly boring. Also i recommend  silent hill series, i still didn't play from beginning to end because of my fears. Dead Space and F.E.A.R is realy cool series.

Ehh Deadspace is okay, Deadspace 2 is just far to shooter for my taste in horror. I will reserve my opinion about fear as I don't want to
wink_face.gif
up this thread. Also don't mean to say DeadSpace isn't a good game. It is but its not that scary.

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #219 of 354
Quote:
Ehh Deadspace is okay, Deadspace 2 is just far to shooter for my taste in horror. I will reserve my opinion about fear as I don't want to
wink_face.gif
up this thread. Also don't mean to say DeadSpace isn't a good game. It is but its not that scary.

You should try Silent Hill: The Room. It is the best horror game i've ever played, it is very subconscious.  

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #220 of 354
Quote:

You should try Silent Hill: The Room. It is the best horror game i've ever played, it is very subconscious.  

I have played silent hill 1-4, 5 and that's it. I liked all of them. IMO SH2>1>3>4>5. SH 5 had great enemy design but man the game was kind of a train wreck and it has that "I'M A SOLDIER!!!!!" main character thing going on. I like the ones whee you're just a regular old person being punished for your sins kind of thing and so on.

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #222 of 354
bump, Amnesia a machine for pigs to come out some time soonish...kind of.

Mar 27, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #223 of 354
I am playing this now. Definitely VERY intense. http://www.thecatlady.co.uk/

"Susan lives alone in her apartment. She does not have cats, but when she plays her piano the local felines are drawn to the music. She lives her life to the beat of a clock, shaped like a cat, its tail rhythmically beating out the seconds of her life. Always a failure in life, tonight she has failed even at suicide. Instead of dying, she wakes up and finds herself in a strange, surreal world, walking alone through fields of swaying wheat set against a cornflower blue sky."

Here's a good review: http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/23373

Mar 27, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #224 of 354
oh man, I totally forgot about that. the guy that did the OST is a genius. what was it...RocketKey I think his handle was. welp after ni no kuni I might have to take this on.

Mar 27, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #225 of 354
I see that you decided to revive the thread, You should check out Slender: The Arrival (if they finally fixed the download issues for everyone). That's the game that shows how sound design can change the entire experience, especially with headphones in the dark. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back