The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 9, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #7,996 of 10,994
  new t1 owner here, my first beyer, only had them a couple of days, and i'm liking them more and more.
the cable on my pair is splitting , about 2ft down the cable from the yoke, so i may be getting them recabled,
other than the wire, they are in great shape. very happy camper here !

Do you mean the actual rubber is splitting exposing the wires or the two cable leads are simply opening/spreading? The little rubber cover for the lead will slide up or down to allow you to close those leads at whatever depth you choose. Unless you are a diy kind of guy having them recabled will require sending them into a wire company and a long wait to get them back. 

Oct 9, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #7,997 of 10,994
  Do you mean the actual rubber is splitting exposing the wires or the two cable leads are simply opening/spreading? The little rubber cover for the lead will slide up or down to allow you to close those leads at whatever depth you choose. Unless you are a diy kind of guy having them recabled will require sending them into a wire company and a long wait to get them back. 

the cables leads are splitting, not the insulation itself, no wires are exposed, i could fix easy enough, but i may just have them rewired,
and have mini xlr's installed

Oct 9, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #7,999 of 10,994
  If you re-terminate  and run balanced you will get better results with the T1. At least that's been my experience.

thats what i was thinking

Oct 9, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #8,000 of 10,994

new t1 owner here, my first beyer, only had them a couple of days, and i'm liking them more and more.

the cable on my pair is splitting , about 2ft down the cable from the yoke, so i may be getting them recabled,

Welcome aboard Jay.  Hope you enjoy your new T1's as much as I have.

If you recable and go balanced you go right to the top of the T1 food chain IMO.

Oct 9, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #8,002 of 10,994
Is anyone here pairing their T1s with a SS amp? I'm thinking about making a switch to SS. I recently did the math on my average use and I'm looking at roughly 1500 hrs/yr. I don't want to worry about buying/maintaining tubes. Any input would be appreciated. Budget is $500 max; Looking for a good performance/price. Thanks. :)

Oct 9, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #8,003 of 10,994
I love my T1's on my WA2...but have listened on my son's Soloist and I think it's an excellent pairing.
You might want to check this out. They go for $999 new.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/burson-audio-soloist-headphone-amp-/331338927298?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

Oct 9, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #8,004 of 10,994
Is anyone here pairing their T1s with a SS amp? I'm thinking about making a switch to SS. I recently did the math on my average use and I'm looking at roughly 1500 hrs/yr. I don't want to worry about buying/maintaining tubes. Any input would be appreciated. Budget is $500 max; Looking for a good performance/price. Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

I run the T1's (and my HD800's) using my Auralic Taurus ss amp. I have owned several tube amps including the WA2. I sold the WA2 shortly after getting the Taurus. I'm done with tubes and I have been into tube amps all my life. The Taurus just does it for me and it gives me the choice to run fully balanced or se including  4 pin xlr. I can't imagine any reason for me to look for a better headphone amp. I would point out that the Taurus is way over your budget. I did own a matrix M Stage amp which is well within your range and it was very good with the T1's. You would have to go much higher in price to equal it's performance. 

Oct 9, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #8,005 of 10,994
I love my T1's on my WA2...but have listened on my son's Soloist and I think it's an excellent pairing.
You might want to check this out. They go for $999 new.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/burson-audio-soloist-headphone-amp-/331338927298?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

I recently reacquired the Beyer T1's and have them paired also with the Burson Soloist SL. I thoroughly recommend the combo.

Strangely, my T1 (serial 11k+) sounds a lot warmer than I remember my previous T1 to be. 

Oct 9, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #8,006 of 10,994

Welcome aboard Jay.  Hope you enjoy your new T1's as much as I have.

If you recable and go balanced you go right to the top of the T1 food chain IMO.

i shouldn't have sold my bryston, i'm using a lyr now, its pretty good though

Oct 9, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #8,007 of 10,994

I recently reacquired the Beyer T1's and have them paired also with the Burson Soloist SL. I thoroughly recommend the combo.

Strangely, my T1 (serial 11k+) sounds a lot warmer than I remember my previous T1 to be. 

I also have owned Burson amplifier with my first T1 (ser. 10k+) and the sound was too warm and colored for me. 
Now I have a Sennheiser HDVD800 (and my new T1 (ser. 22k+)  with 4pin balanced Neutrik and like it much more, Objectively I could say it sounds more correctly and more accurate! 

But that’s only my personal subjective opinion and feelings because I prefer the most accurate and uncolored sound as possible.

Oct 9, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #8,008 of 10,994
Is anyone here pairing their T1s with a SS amp? I'm thinking about making a switch to SS. I recently did the math on my average use and I'm looking at roughly 1500 hrs/yr. I don't want to worry about buying/maintaining tubes. Any input would be appreciated. Budget is $500 max; Looking for a good performance/price. Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yep, the T1s love Jan Meier's gear. I mostly use my T1s with his little Meier Corda Jazz, but they sound even better with the Corda Classic. Great amps, incredible value, great pairing with the T1s. 

Oct 9, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #8,009 of 10,994
smily_headphones1.gif

*very* nice but out of budget is Beyers own A2. Their A20 might also be an interesting option, though I've not heard that combination for long enough.

As @Focker mentioned Meier Audio amps pair very well with the T1. I own a Corda Classic and can support that claim. Jans gear offers solid value for its price, so stretching your budget a bit to reach the Classic (or waiting for a sale, maybe around Christmas) is well worth it.

Oct 9, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #8,010 of 10,994
Thanks for all the suggestions thus far, you guys rule. :)

On my list of interest so far :
NuForce Ha-200
Matrix M-Stage
Meier Corda Jazz
Meier Corda Classic
Lake People G103S or P

Got a lot of homework to look over. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back