The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Sep 11, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #7,966 of 10,994
  I re-terminated my T1's months ago using a standard 4 pin XLR. I used a standard soldering iron and normal solder. It worked just fine and has been working ever since, The solder flowed just as you would expect. I do not think there is anything special about the requirements to solder this mod. The entire thing took five minutes. In my experience the T1's benefit a lot from this mod if you have a fully balanced system.

That's good to know. My dealer re-terminated the T1 cable and adapter for me when I bought it but I've terminated some of my own with Cardas wire which was Litz (I made an extension cable for my T1 so now I can move up to 30 feet away from the amp if I need to. If the solder flowed for you as well as you say, then the stock cable for the T1 can't be Litz. This is a bit odd though because I know that the T1 cable is basically just a high quality stereo microphone cable repurposed for use as headphone cable and some of them are Litz as well.

Sep 22, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #7,967 of 10,994
So it has been over a couple of months since I sold my T1 and I hate to admit it, but I missed it.. I'm keen to find out how the T1 sounds with the HDVA600. If I like the pairing they make, then I guess I eventually would have to get one again 
blink.gif

Sep 22, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #7,968 of 10,994
  So it has been over a couple of months since I sold my T1 and I hate to admit it, but I missed it.. I'm keen to find out how the T1 sounds with the HDVA600. If I like the pairing they make, then I guess I eventually would have to get one again 
blink.gif

The more headphones I acquire, the more I keep going back to the T1.  Will never part with it.

Sep 24, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #7,970 of 10,994
blink.gif

I feel your pain mate - but you're not getting them back 
very_evil_smiley.gif

If I'm going through Auckland at some stage, I'll PM you and you can grab them back for a few weeks to test if you want though.

Sep 24, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #7,971 of 10,994

blink.gif

I feel your pain mate - but you're not getting them back 
very_evil_smiley.gif

If I'm going through Auckland at some stage, I'll PM you and you can grab them back for a few weeks to test if you want though.

I knew you'd love them too much to let them go 
tongue.gif
 I guess I had been in a long phase of denial ever since the departure of the T1 from my stable (and perhaps I still am). But to preserve my wallet, I need to convince myself that I am not regretting selling the T1 and sadly, it's a battle I'm losing...

Sep 24, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #7,972 of 10,994
Believe me - I know exactly what you're talking about.  Remember I sold the HD600s (again) a couple of months ago.  Look at my sig. Repurchased again for the 3rd time.

The T1 and HD600 make a perfect contrasting pair though.

Sep 24, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #7,974 of 10,994
  Believe me - I know exactly what you're talking about.  Remember I sold the HD600s (again) a couple of months ago.  Look at my sig. Repurchased again for the 3rd time.

The T1 and HD600 make a perfect contrasting pair though.

Then I guess if I do decide to get another pair, I have to make sure that I would not sell it again..

The HD650 does make for a pretty nice contrasting complement to the HD800, but it doesn't help me forgetting the T1 at all. In fact, the treble roll-off of the HD650 keeps reminding me of the smooth presentation (the 8.5kHz peak doesn't bother me) of the T1.

This hobby is dangerous...

Sep 25, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #7,975 of 10,994
Hello Friends

I'm thinking of repurchasing the T1 and wanted to know if a solid copper cable can tame the highs? Is it worth it or am I wasting my money?

Kind regards,

B

Sep 25, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #7,976 of 10,994
  Hello Friends

I'm thinking of repurchasing the T1 and wanted to know if a solid copper cable can tame the highs? Is it worth it or am I wasting my money?

Kind regards,

B

Went with the Moon Audio Black Dragon V2 cable.  Have never looked back.  Better weight and instrument timbre across the spectrum.  I think it settled the highs to a degree but I never had problems with the treble the way some people seem to.

Sep 25, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #7,977 of 10,994

Went with the Moon Audio Black Dragon V2 cable.  Have never looked back.  Better weight and instrument timbre across the spectrum.  I think it settled the highs to a degree but I never had problems with the treble the way some people seem to.

Thank you. This is reassuring to know. What connectors did you get with the T1 for the cable mod?

Has anyone else who had issues with the treble successfully tame it with a cable mod?

Sep 25, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #7,978 of 10,994

Thank you. This is reassuring to know. What connectors did you get with the T1 for the cable mod?

Has anyone else who had issues with the treble successfully tame it with a cable mod?

It was hardwired by Moon Audio (re-cabling with them does NOT void the warranty).  1/4" plug...whatever the one is they recommend.

http://www.moon-audio.com/review/product/list/id/510/#customer-reviews

Oct 7, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #7,980 of 10,994

Balanced ? Yes, of course: and you will never looked back !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back