The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 25, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #3,091 of 10,994
Quote:
No, Insured express postage. That fired lasers at rocks. Heeeyy wait a minute.... Hehe no They literally took three hours to get to their destination by post. I have to say being without them for two months was not a pleasant experience, and certainly not one I wish to have repeated. The T1 must be due an update soon. I will certainly be one of the first customers if they add a removable cable.

Wow, that makes me wonder if it's almost worth it to just let Drew at Moon Audio do the job then instead of waiting until almost November to get them back lol

Aug 28, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #3,094 of 10,994
number 6226 today ohhhh yeahhhh!!!! :D

Currently pc(foobar) ---> wav----> centrance dacmini -----> T1/lcd2.2

And all i can say is t1 >>>> lcd2.2 even with my now sold lyr

Bass is not weak and no the highs are not harsh. Very detailed and tonal balance is awesome! Staging is wide though not hd800 wide.

pc(foobar) ---> wav----> centrance dacmini ----->amp -----> T1

wanted a new amp now because....itchyness for upgrade.
Liking the dacmini characteristic but need slight more power and and i would like something smoother. My choices are. Also if possible increase the bass slam a little :D

-the WA2 because everyone said so 
-the WA6se because i listen to a lot of electronic (the review said wa6se has better PRAT than wa2)
-graha slee SRG2 because the owner of the shop recommended it
-meier audio concerto (opinions on alot of forum users
-headamp gs-1?
-beyerdynamic A1 (because beyerdynamic said so)

Music I hear is....everything, i need it to be versatile (and no tube rolling if possible because im broke :D)  and from where im at, its diffcult to get new tubes especially ts5998)

Please help me get the best out of the T1 :D 

Aug 28, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #3,095 of 10,994
Quote:

Bass is not weak and no siblilance. Very detailed and tonal balance is awesome! Staging is wide though not hd800 wide.

Liking the dacmini characteristic but need slight more power and and i would like something smoother. My choices are

-the WA6se because i listen to a lot of electronic music
-headamp gs-1?

Music I hear is....everything, i need it to be versatile (and no tube rolling if possible because im broke :D)  and from where im at, its diffcult to get new tubes especially ts5998)

Don't bother with the GS Solo. Had the SRG I and then bought the Woo6se.
The Woo totally outclassed the Solo. Its also more powerful and flexible AND sounds very good with the T1's and LCD2.2's.

Aug 28, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #3,097 of 10,994
WA6-SE to power T1 and LCD-2. the T1 sound great out of it, though they sound better out of the WA2, yet the WA2 can have problems driving LCD-2 on some setups.

Aug 28, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #3,098 of 10,994
by the way since ive got the t1...thinking of selling the lcd2.2...
So i just need an amp to complement the t1 :) Sorry for the confusion

Will the wa2 (with stock tubes) be good? Most post comments that you need the ts5998 or 7236...
Since i cant get the ts5998, will the sylvania 7236 from wooaudio be a "much" improved upgrade?
If possible an amp that increase bass slam a little :D

Aug 28, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #3,099 of 10,994
Quote:

Bass is not weak and no the highs are not harsh. Very detailed and tonal balance is awesome! Staging is wide though not hd800 wide.

Liking the dacmini characteristic but need slight more power and and i would like something smoother. My choices are. Also if possible increase the bass slam a little :D

-the WA6se because i listen to a lot of electronic (the review said wa6se has better PRAT than wa2)
-headamp gs-1?

CongraT on the T1 
biggrin.gif

I also own the T1 and DACmini and like you I found it good but not great. I bit limited in power. I use the T1 with a Meier Concerto with my digital rig out of the DACmini and it sound very good. The Bass have more slam and presence. I also use the T1 with a MAD EAR+ Purist HD on my analog rig and with some NOS 12AX7/7025 is sound amazing. The soundstage get better with Tube (as to be expected).

I had the chance on trying a WA2 for about a week and it was great but found it to be more laid back and smooth. Very good for Classical and Jazz genre.

Just my .02  Good luck!

Aug 28, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #3,100 of 10,994
I don't have the experience with the other contenders that some have, but I'll throw out a vote for the Meier. I use the Corda Jazz with my T1s and it's a great match. 

Aug 28, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #3,101 of 10,994
Quote:

-headamp gs-1?

Consider SPL Auditor too ^^  powerfull Amp , will give what T1 needs 
tongue.gif

Aug 29, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #3,102 of 10,994
Man, I'm sending my T1's for repair and I've put them in the box - sitting in my room, ready to be shipped tomorrow.... and i'm already missing them.  XD

Aug 29, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #3,103 of 10,994
spend the last night reading this thread......WOW lots to take in in 1 night :D
However i made my decision to just 3 now
-wa2, wa6se and spl auditor (because i cant find the meier, headamp and beyer amp in my country)

decisions decisions.......hmmm.....

Aug 29, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #3,104 of 10,994
WA2 and isonepro and don't think about it anymore.
Quote:
Man, I'm sending my T1's for repair and I've put them in the box - sitting in my room, ready to be shipped tomorrow.... and i'm already missing them.  XD

Yeah, I know that feeling.

Btw my recabling was done by Aphrodite Cu29.  They do amazing work.  I'm really happy with the recable.

http://aphroditecu29.com/

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #3,105 of 10,994
Quote:
WA2 and isonepro and don't think about it anymore.
Yeah, I know that feeling.

Btw my recabling was done by Aphrodite Cu29.  They do amazing work.  I'm really happy with the recable.

http://aphroditecu29.com/

I have had a lot of custom work done by Robert, and the workmanship and quality is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back