The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 30, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #3,106 of 10,994
just placed an order for the wa2 :D will it be good enough with the standard tubes....or will i really really really need the tungsol 5998? 

with my dacmini, even though underpowered, its still a major enjoyment listening to jeff beck live at ronnie scotts!! i hope the wa2 will be a major upgrade

Aug 30, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #3,108 of 10,994
I also listen to my T1 mainly through WA3 because it's the rig I have at work. IMO it does a nice job.

I'm listening to an Eric Clapton album right now (Pilgrim) and the soundstage is pretty convincing except for the vocal parts, that ruin it completely. Can a more experienced headfier explain to me why this happens?? I believe it has something to do with the center image of stereo but I'm really not that informed about that.

Aug 31, 2012 at 8:52 AM Post #3,109 of 10,994
 Can you specify a little whats wrong with the vocal part please. Visually not in the center? Where is it placed / coming from then?

THX
Quote:
I also listen to my T1 mainly through WA3 because it's the rig I have at work. IMO it does a nice job.

I'm listening to an Eric Clapton album right now (Pilgrim) and the soundstage is pretty convincing except for the vocal parts, that ruin it completely. Can a more experienced headfier explain to me why this happens?? I believe it has something to do with the center image of stereo but I'm really not that informed about that.

Sep 3, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #3,110 of 10,994
Sorry I should have explained it better. What I mean is I'm getting a very good imaging except for vocals, that sound too much "inside of my head". Instrumental parts, not, even guitar solos seem to come from outside in some way.

Sep 4, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #3,112 of 10,994
[size=7pt][size=11pt]Do you experience this with all records or just some? I do feel that they aren't forgiving to the record, so, maybe that's why?[/size][/size]

Quote:
Sorry I should have explained it better. What I mean is I'm getting a very good imaging except for vocals, that sound too much "inside of my head". Instrumental parts, not, even guitar solos seem to come from outside in some way.

Sep 4, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #3,113 of 10,994
I already tried IsonePro, but the vocals still seem inside my head. Maybe it's a thing with me?

I bought a Phonitor also, haven't arrived yet.

I'm trying now my recently acquired Leckerton UHA-4, and I'm impressed with the crossfeed, it does a very good job for imaging in my opinion, or maybe it's the dac/amp itself that is so good. I'm using them on a IEM (W4) and the results are astonishing, it's been a long time since I don't play with IEM's.

Thanks to all!

Sep 6, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #3,114 of 10,994
Yo,

In Foobar2000 I use a combination of Redline Monitor, Bauer DSP, and Matrix Mixer to get the sound I want. I found that using these on my Auditor gives me nearly the same sonic presentation as what is on the Phonitor. Redline Monitor lets me adjust the center volume as well, so vocals aren't so in your face.

Here are my settings in Redline Monitor:
Center: -1.5dB
Soundstage: 75 Degree's
Distance: 1.5M

In Bauer I ahve it set to 15dB at 650Hz/280us. 

So far these settings give me a speaker like soundstage, especially on the T1.

Sep 7, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #3,115 of 10,994
Just bought a pair of T1's ^^ very excited!

Following up on my question a month ago, the T1's are larger than the DT770/880/990 line by maybe half an inch. They sit perfectly on my head at the last notch. The older line was short. This was my main hesitation to buying them.

My first impression is that some of the songs do not pop out as much as they did on the HD700, which is good and bad depending on how you look at it. It's definitely a lot more fun to listen to than the HD800 based on my limited experiences with those. Initial impression blows my HD650 out of the water completely.

Sep 7, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #3,117 of 10,994
Quote:
Yo,

In Foobar2000 I use a combination of Redline Monitor, Bauer DSP, and Matrix Mixer to get the sound I want. I found that using these on my Auditor gives me nearly the same sonic presentation as what is on the Phonitor. Redline Monitor lets me adjust the center volume as well, so vocals aren't so in your face.

Here are my settings in Redline Monitor:
Center: -1.5dB
Soundstage: 75 Degree's
Distance: 1.5M

In Bauer I ahve it set to 15dB at 650Hz/280us. 

So far these settings give me a speaker like soundstage, especially on the T1.

I haven't used foobar in a long time but I would definitely try this out and compare it with my current setup.  

Sep 7, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #3,118 of 10,994
Following up on my question a month ago, the T1's are larger than the DT770/880/990 line by maybe half an inch. They sit perfectly on my head at the last notch. The older line was short. This was my main hesitation to buying them.
My first impression is that some of the songs do not pop out as much as they did on the HD700, which is good and bad depending on how you look at it. It's definitely a lot more fun to listen to than the HD800 based on my limited experiences with those. Initial impression blows my HD650 out of the water completely.

Hey congrat fellow Canadian!

I had the impression that the HD700 was bass light (I'm ok with that) so what ake the songs popin out more? Does the mid's forwarded? more then HD650?

Sep 7, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #3,119 of 10,994
Quote:

Take good care of my T1s. 
smile.gif
 I've owned them for such a long time, they've kinda become part of the household. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back