The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 23, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #3,061 of 10,994
[size=10pt]Well, I was referring to someone who really handy with such job, but what most important to me, is it difficult to open up them to get in to the driver section, cos thats can be difficult[/size]
[size=10pt]I have seen some of the pics through Google, but not step for step kind, maybe I check YouTube later?[/size]

[size=10pt]THX[/size]

Quote:
I think that depends upon the tools and skills at hand, but you can do a google search on it and find out if you're comfortable doing it yourself.

Aug 23, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #3,063 of 10,994
Aug 24, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #3,065 of 10,994
How are you doing?

Yes, it is, cos I am hoping to get my pair of T1 somewhere next week, which are fully stock, so, having seen your video made me less concern about possible problems if you want to open up them for recable job. 
I am not that familier with soldering material that DIY guys using and was wonder what would be the best one to use when you want new cable to be placed?

THX

Quote:
Yo,

That's me and my video :wink: Hope it was helpful.

Aug 24, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #3,066 of 10,994
Quote:
I listened to the T1, LCD2 and HD800 last weekend. The T1 sounds the most balanced whilst the LCD2 sounds muffled in comparison. The HD800 sounds too thin and lightweight in the bass. The T1 sounds the best to my ears. Great sounding cans!

+1
beerchug.gif

i love all 3 of them though but the beyers get the most listening time.

Aug 24, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #3,067 of 10,994
T1s are also the best movie headphones I've ever heard...I'm really tempted to get that HeadZone thing that beyer makes to go with them. 

Aug 24, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #3,068 of 10,994
About to finally send my T1s back for the cable repair...in case anyone didn't see my earlier posts, I had a puppy I'm helping to raise around me when I dozed off with the T1s on my head and woke up to find one side of the cable completely chewed through. When I came home from work today, I came across something very interesting....apparently Teddy not only feels really bad about the whole thing, he wanted me to fire up some tunes so he could listen. 

If you look really closely at the bottom of the screen, you can see the cable stub lol

Aug 25, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #3,069 of 10,994
Quote:
About to finally send my T1s back for the cable repair...in case anyone didn't see my earlier posts, I had a puppy I'm helping to raise around me when I dozed off with the T1s on my head and woke up to find one side of the cable completely chewed through. When I came home from work today, I came across something very interesting....apparently Teddy not only feels really bad about the whole thing, he wanted me to fire up some tunes so he could listen. 

If you look really closely at the bottom of the screen, you can see the cable stub lol

That picture of the puppy with the cans loos very very cute but I think the day you decide to sell your T1 you'll have a hard time...

Aug 25, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #3,072 of 10,994
Quote:
Guys, any of you are using recabled T1? Would you be so kind to share what kind of cable been used and what the improvements are please.

THX

I am planning to recable my T1 to balanced as my local retailer is providing the service soon.  It will be a detachable cable mod and can use any cable the LCD2/3 can take.  Would be glad to share when mine is done and impressions are in.

Aug 25, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #3,073 of 10,994
Guys, any of you are using recabled T1? Would you be so kind to share what kind of cable been used and what the improvements are please.

THX

I'm usualy not afraid on re-cabling my headphones ( done many in the pass) but I feel the cable in the T1 is very good already. The only reason I would do it is to get a more flexible cable. The best person to talk too is the same guy that you learn on how to open them zombiex. He does recable I believe and if I not mistaking his own T1 still have the stock cable :rolleyes:

Aug 25, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #3,074 of 10,994
Quote:

THX

This is what i'm doing right now:

I bought a bare cable with a 4-pin XLR connection at the end from Trevor at Norse Cable (on sale now):  http://www.norseaudio.com/Norn2Gallery01.html

Brian form BTG-Audio: http://btg-audio.webs.com/  is going to do the Hard wire re cable for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back