The New Tangzu Audio Zetian Wu Planar In-Ear Monitor
Feb 28, 2023 at 3:22 PM Post #46 of 57
I really like the WU tuning maybe I would add just a little bit of sparkle on top but not necessarily and only on certain songs.
I am looking for an IEM similar like the WU tuning just with top notch technicalities, anybody got some ideas?

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #47 of 57
I’ve had mine 2 weeks now and I absolutely love them. I’d like to try new tips on mine, and get new filters, but I don’t have a caliper right now. Does anyone know what size tips and filters I need?

Thanks!
I use Zetian Wu OG with TRN T Ear-Tips Silicone Eartips ("L" size).
I have some more IEMs but Zetian Wu is my main (with Qudelix 5k, no EQ et all).

Mar 2, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #48 of 57
Just for the love of it :)

Picsart_23-03-02_16-45-43-061.jpg

Mar 6, 2023 at 7:21 AM Post #49 of 57
Posting my fix for upper-mid forwardness if anyone interested. Now you can crank up the gain and enjoy everything properly.
Preamp: -4.6 dB
Filter 1: ON PK Fc 3200 Hz Gain -1.3 dB Q 2
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 3900 Hz Gain 3.9 dB Q 2
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 4400 Hz Gain -1.7 dB Q 1.200
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 5300 Hz Gain -5.8 dB Q 1.2
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 7500 Hz Gain -1 dB Q 2
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 11000 Hz Gain 4 dB Q 3
1678105264165.png

Mar 10, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #54 of 57
I grabbed a set of these when I found out they were discontinued, I didn't wanna get dat FOMO.

Good move. These are the most dynamic sounding of the current planar crop. They’re very open and wide sounding with great detail and layering.

As to why they’re discontinued, I think Carpet nailed it. They have a top tier planar on their hands that they priced like a mid-range to budget dynamic. They dropped that Heyday variation very quickly after the initial release. Looks like they’ve just been selling through the standing stock of the OG since.

Mar 10, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #55 of 57
Good move. These are the most dynamic sounding of the current planar crop. They’re very open and wide sounding with great detail and layering.

As to why they’re discontinued, I think Carpet nailed it. They have a top tier planar on their hands that they priced like a mid-range to budget dynamic. They dropped that Heyday variation very quickly after the initial release. Looks like they’ve just been selling through the standing stock of the OG since.

Yeah, I'd heard so many good reviews from people who have ears very similar to mine and I wasn't gonna miss out, plus I don't have any Planars yet, so I figure just on the bandwagon while there was still a bandwagon. LOL

May 7, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #56 of 57
Love the tuning on these. Are there any IEMs in the market tuned like these with better technicalities? I'm happy with them the way they are, but just curious. They have the perfect amount of sub-bass and bass and the sound of strings plucking pop out. They are tuned better than much more expensive IEMs.

Apr 30, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #57 of 57
I have a question regarding Heyday vs OG Timeless: I understand based on the graphs and reviews that the Heydays should have more controlled bass, but what about the treble? Frequency response is very similar in the top end and I don't hear a noticeable difference in the YouTube demos. Are they really more laid-back than the Timeless? It seems difficult to find a laid-back planar IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back