The New Tangzu Audio Zetian Wu Planar In-Ear Monitor
Oct 31, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #31 of 57
With the lightweight semi custom shells, they are really comfortable to wear. They have a more interesting presentation than the P1 Max but that's to be expected from a mild V compared to a neutral tuning. Everything sounds natural. No sibilance, shoutiness or weird peaks. Non fatiguing but not dull or lifeless. Very pleased with them. The only reason I'm not wearing them now, is because I want to hear a few other things that arrived in the mail. :ksc75smile:

So far that’s my experience too. Like a “lively neutral.” They have the correct timber and note weight. The bass is more fully saturated than on my other planar sets and the treble is excellently detailed and appropriately crisp without any sharpness.

Oct 31, 2022 at 11:08 PM Post #33 of 57
So far that’s my experience too. Like a “lively neutral.” They have the correct timber and note weight. The bass is more fully saturated than on my other planar sets and the treble is excellently detailed and appropriately crisp without any sharpness.
I've ended up with two similar pairs of sets of IEMs recently.

The Zetian Wu is a mild V and the P1 Max is more mid-centric.
Exactly the same thing is true of the IKKO OH1 relative to the OH2.

Even better, I like all of them!

I might not actually NEED to buy any new pairs in the sale. Is that a dangerous thought?:thinking:

Oct 31, 2022 at 11:43 PM Post #34 of 57
I might not actually NEED to buy any new pairs in the sale. Is that a dangerous thought?:thinking:

end_game.jpg

Sorry for being skeptical, but I'll believe you only after 11/11 and Black Friday sales are over and truly nothing comes in the mail haha.

Jan 29, 2023 at 3:32 AM Post #35 of 57
I’ve been revisiting the Wu Zetian. It’s really really good. Like a tamed S12. Or a more robust P1 Max. It’s probably my favorite single planar driver set, and that makes me again wonder why in the world anyone would try to re-tune them. I just can’t imagine that the “Heyday” version sounds any better.

Jan 29, 2023 at 6:15 AM Post #36 of 57
I’ve been revisiting the Wu Zetian. It’s really really good. Like a tamed S12. Or a more robust P1 Max. It’s probably my favorite single planar driver set, and that makes me again wonder why in the world anyone would try to re-tune them. I just can’t imagine that the “Heyday” version sounds any better.
My thoughts exactly. :) Cheers!

Jan 29, 2023 at 6:16 AM Post #37 of 57
I feel the same way about the Wu Zetian it sounds more organic (towards DD). Other planars can sound like my Grandmothers old TV looked. Contrast cranked up so high that it's glaring. Having something over emphasized is as bad as having it missing. I don't listen to DT600 and complain that it doesn't have the metallic timbre of Bellsing BAs in an old KZ IEM. Similarly I don't miss "planar timbre" in the Wu Zetian.:L3000: YMMV

Jan 29, 2023 at 6:20 AM Post #38 of 57
I feel the same way about the Wu Zetian it sounds more organic (towards DD). Other planars can sound like my Grandmothers old TV looked. Contrast cranked up so high that it's glaring. Having something over emphasized is as bad as having it missing. I don't listen to DT600 and complain that it doesn't have the metallic timbre of Bellsing BAs in an old KZ IEM. Similarly I don't miss "planar timbre" in the Wu Zetian.:L3000: YMMV
The Wu is like a warm bath.............never ending.

Feb 20, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #40 of 57
I haven't had it long enough to have a final opinion, but the first impression is amazing. It gives a lot of fun and is not fatiguing at the same time.
Tangzu-Audio-Zetian-Wu.jpg

I haven’t listened to mine in a while. I’ll get it back up in rotation. The great thing about the WU is the non-fatiguing tune. It’s been described as “safe,” and I suppose that’s apt, but they’re not lacking in fun factor either.

Feb 21, 2023 at 7:07 AM Post #41 of 57
I haven’t listened to mine in a while. I’ll get it back up in rotation. The great thing about the WU is the non-fatiguing tune. It’s been described as “safe,” and I suppose that’s apt, but they’re not lacking in fun factor either.
I had mine out in the weekend I agree. The tuning on these is best summed up by:

"You can be seductive without having to bite!" :smirk:

Feb 21, 2023 at 7:10 AM Post #42 of 57
I had mine out in the weekend I agree. The tuning on these is best summed up by:

"You can be seductive without having to bite!" :smirk:

I was just taking them out for rotation yesterday, wanted to actually just use them for comparison against another IEM. But I ended up leaving it plugged in for a few hours and was just immersed in the music.

I stand by my earlier impressions that the Zetian Wu are arguably the most balanced of the current planars, probably the best timbre too. Maybe not as technical as stuff like the S12 or Timeless series. Interestingly, I think the Zetian Wu sounds closer to a single DD than a traditional planar?

Feb 28, 2023 at 12:56 AM Post #44 of 57
I’ve had mine 2 weeks now and I absolutely love them. I’d like to try new tips on mine, and get new filters, but I don’t have a caliper right now. Does anyone know what size tips and filters I need?

Thanks!
This!

Feb 28, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #45 of 57
I’ve had mine 2 weeks now and I absolutely love them. I’d like to try new tips on mine, and get new filters, but I don’t have a caliper right now. Does anyone know what size tips and filters I need?

Thanks!
I have Moondrop Spring Tips on them ATM. I've also had KBEAR 07 on them which means SpinFt CP145 will fit as well.:L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back