The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Dec 30, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #4,141 of 4,956

It seems to be a hit or miss unfortunately. The decision to go with fixed non removable cables was based on the problems they encountered with qc with their proprietary connectors. For me my right connector failed out of the blue. Again anecdotal but it does make me cautions about buying more expensive products from them. 

They probably would've had much better success if they used standard MMCX connectors instead of their proprietary design. Opens up their market too; people like to have choice in cables.

Dec 30, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #4,143 of 4,956
Exactly! When I noticed that, I was like What, already?? 

Yep. Mine were like that fresh out of the box. Not to mention that the replacement pair I got last week is defective. There's static coming from the left earpiece. To be frank, I really don't care anyone. VSonic's QC is shoddy at best. I have no desire to request another replacement. This will be the first and last time I purchase a VSonic product.

Dec 30, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #4,144 of 4,956
Yep. Mine were like that fresh out of the box. Not to mention that the replacement pair I got last week is defective. There's static coming from the left earpiece. To be frank, I really don't care anyone. VSonic's QC is shoddy at best. I have no desire to request another replacement. This will be the first and last time I purchase a VSonic product.

You're having some very bad luck with them. I so wish their QC was better. When the product is fine, their SQ is great for the price. I'll still buy from them......eventually......with much caution. I like the SQ they offer for price, but they really need to up their QC game. I count myself as one of the lucky ones, I'm one for two
tongue_smile.gif
, my GR06s have been good for 2 years and counting, the VSD3S on the other hand, got returned, though I liked what sound it was able to put out for the short time it did.

Dec 30, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #4,145 of 4,956
I'll be waiting for a bunch of reviews to come out first before deciding to buy the VSD5. I'm content enough with my VSD3S and have been taking care of my first batch pair. Also, is there a VSD5 thread coming along?

Dec 30, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #4,146 of 4,956

Sorry to hear about your experience meng, I know that feel. I was planning to buy a whole bunch of IEMs for christmas (IM70, GR07BE and Fidue A71). Aside from the upcoming B6, I think I will hold off from buying chinese IEMs for a bit because I have been spending way too much time exchanging back and forth.

And I refuse to pay for faster shipping when shipping back because it will be more than half the cost of the earphone. But I must say Penon has been a really good sport about the whole thing, issuing me a replacement even when Havi themselves declared my unit to be non defective. So all my future purchases will be from them :)

I might reconsider my decision in the new year and get the IM70 and A71 regardless but the bitter taste will take a while to clear. Maybe some eggnog might help haha.

Oh, to make it worse the B3P1 has developed a slight channel imbalance AGAIN and I am not going to bother with RMA again. Not worth the cost :) My only good pair now is the Havi and thank god my Gemini HSR 1000 is getting delivered today :D

But I will still give the likes of IM70 and sony IEms like MDR 7550 a shot. Might be importing some stuff from japan in the coming weeks :p

Edit: Sorry for the rant, just fed up with the qc issues, I will probably end up getting some more chinese IEMs anyway, the sound quality cannot be denied. Just wish the build quality was up to snuff too. 

Dec 30, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #4,147 of 4,956
Sorry to hear about your experience meng, I know that feel. I was planning to buy a whole bunch of IEMs for christmas (IM70, GR07BE and Fidue A71). Aside from the upcoming B6, I think I will hold off from buying chinese IEMs for a bit because I have been spending way too much time exchanging back and forth.

And I refuse to pay for faster shipping when shipping back because it will be more than half the cost of the earphone. But I must say Penon has been a really good sport about the whole thing, issuing me a replacement even when Havi themselves declared my unit to be non defective. So all my future purchases will be from them :)

I might reconsider my decision in the new year and get the IM70 and A71 regardless but the bitter taste will take a while to clear. Maybe some eggnog might help haha.

Oh, to make it worse the B3P1 has developed a slight channel imbalance AGAIN and I am not going to bother with RMA again. Not worth the cost :) My only good pair now is the Havi and thank god my Gemini HSR 1000 is getting delivered today :D

But I will still give the likes of IM70 and sony IEms like MDR 7550 a shot. Might be importing some stuff from japan in the coming weeks :p

I would recommend the IM70; superb build quality and sound. As for the Chinese IEMs, I had to get a repalcement for every pair I purchased aside from two pairs. I'll probably stay away from them for awhile as well.

Dec 30, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #4,149 of 4,956
I would recommend the IM70; superb build quality and sound. As for the Chinese IEMs, I had to get a repalcement for every pair I purchased aside from two pairs. I'll probably stay away from them for awhile as well.

Yeah, I wouldn't lump the IM70 in there with the Chinese IEMs (even though I believe they're made in China :p). They're far above in build quality and stand up to VSonic's current best in sound quality. 

That said, I love VSonic for the sound and price and I never had any trouble with them in my use. I do understand the complaints though. 

Dec 30, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #4,150 of 4,956
Yeah, I wouldn't lump the IM70 in there with the Chinese IEMs (even though I believe they're made in China :p). They're far above in build quality and stand up to VSonic's current best in sound quality. 

That said, I love VSonic for the sound and price and I never had any trouble with them in my use. I do understand the complaints though. 

Made in China doesn't necessarily mean it'll cheaply made. It all depends on how their factories are regulated. With that said, I'll pick Audio Technica and the likes over any of these Chinese brands any day.

Dec 30, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #4,151 of 4,956
Made in China doesn't necessarily mean it'll cheaply made. It all depends on how their factories are regulated. With that said, I'll pick Audio Technica and the likes over any of these Chinese brands any day.

Yeah, that was meant to be a joke (lol, IM70 is a Chinese IEM). I have no problem with Chinese manufacturing that my parents' generation does. A lot of my best tech is Chinese made.

Dec 30, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #4,152 of 4,956
Yeah, that was meant to be a joke (lol, IM70 is a Chinese IEM). I have no problem with Chinese manufacturing that my parents' generation does. A lot of my best tech is Chinese made.

Well even famed brands like Louis Vutton outsources their production to China nowadays. It's just cheaper to manufacture there. Quality control comes from the top though. If the company is managed well, there will be less issues with quality.

Dec 30, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #4,153 of 4,956

Do you think the IM70 is worth the price over the IM50? The IM50 is $69 on Amazon and the IM70 is $130. Their design seems to be identical. I wonder what their SQ and sound signature differences are.

Dec 30, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #4,154 of 4,956
  Do you think the IM70 is worth the price over the IM50? The IM50 is $69 on Amazon and the IM70 is $130. Their design seems to be identical. I wonder what their SQ and sound signature differences are.

Both have shot up in price recently. 50 used to be $45 and 70 for $85. No idea why the price is so high now. IM70 is worth $30 or so more, but I wouldn't pay more than $100 for it. Maybe recent positive reviews made people raise the price. Look at my recent posts and there are a few comparisons. 

Dec 30, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #4,155 of 4,956

Both have shot up in price recently. 50 used to be $45 and 70 for $85. No idea why the price is so high now. IM70 is worth $30 or so more, but I wouldn't pay more than $100 for it. Maybe recent positive reviews made people raise the price. Look at my recent posts and there are a few comparisons. 

Would it make sense to own both CKR10 and IM70? If not, rather than get both I will just skip to the CKR10 lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back