The most downright depressive song you have ever heard
Mar 27, 2010 at 7:14 AM Post #77 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by hardRAWKR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm...well Nine Inch Nails' stuff is pretty much the only thing that comes to mind that I could really call depressing, but NIN gets pretty deeply depressing.

Hurt by NIN/Johnny Cash...can't decide which version I like more, but Johnny Cash's version is probably more depressing.
Lights In The Sky is probably the most depressing in my library, however...
In This Twilight/Zero-Sum (and they go very well together) definitely affect me more when I listen to them, but they're more hopeful than depressing.

x2 - Hurt/Johnny Cash.

Mar 27, 2010 at 7:44 AM Post #78 of 98
The middle part of Pink Floyd's 'The Wall' is extremely depressing.

Another Brick in the Wall part 3
Goodbye Cruel World
Hey You
Is There Anybody Out There?
Comfortably Numb

Those songs are when the protagonist really descends into himself and his madness. Fully encased within his wall. Totally blocking out the world and it's people. This 23 minute section of the album is some of the most depressing music I've known.

Apr 2, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #79 of 98
Dunno if I found a single track that counts yet but the soundtrack to the Road has a lot of depressed piano/cello tracks... As you could expect since the entire movie is about feeling of despair/hopelessness.

Apr 3, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #80 of 98
Pretty much anything on Sinatra's "Only the Lonely". That album is a real downer for me. I had the LP, won't buy the CD.
41QNGVKCHAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Apr 4, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #85 of 98
Mono & World's End Girlfriend - Palmless Prayer/Mass Murder Refrain
monopalmlessprayer.jpg

Been listening to this a lot lately, initially feels quite detached but sucks you in with its atmosphere over time.

Apr 5, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #86 of 98
"Gollum's Song" performed by Emiliana Torrini on the Two Towers soundtrack. Very depressing. Heard it on the web before the movie came out and just fell in love. Still gives me chills to this day.

Apr 5, 2010 at 10:26 PM Post #87 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSky0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mono & World's End Girlfriend - Palmless Prayer/Mass Murder Refrain
monopalmlessprayer.jpg

Been listening to this a lot lately, initially feels quite detached but sucks you in with its atmosphere over time.

This is great. Most of World's End Girlfriend's solo work fits the description.

Apr 6, 2010 at 1:58 AM Post #90 of 98
Roger Waters (From "Amused To Death") - "It's a miracle"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back