The most downright depressive song you have ever heard
Mar 3, 2010 at 1:27 AM Post #62 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by 9pintube /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Davidhunternyc, You hit the nail on the head twice for "ME" with your Song choice and being a fool......I wondered the you tube question Also!!! thanks for having the gonads to ask........

Yep, I had to ask that same question on three different threads before someone explained it to me. I kept trying to use the embed hypertext between the YouTube tags. For such a simple solution, they sure don't make it easy to find out how to use the handy tool above.

Mar 3, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #63 of 98
Whiskey Lullaby - Brad Paisley.

Mar 3, 2010 at 2:44 AM Post #64 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last Kiss

Agreed. It's not that the lyrics are so eloquently depressing, it's the fact that it can actually happen to me and my family, and it scares the hell out of me. That song gets me down every time I hear it.

Mar 3, 2010 at 3:04 AM Post #65 of 98
Maybe not most but it's up there, don't listen to this after breaking up with someone
wink.gif

A Night Like This - Smashing Pumpkins (off Bullet With Butterfly Wings CD in the Aeroplane Flies High Box Set)

It's a cover of a Cure song but this arrangement is much more raw and depressing. btw it's James Iha singing not Billy Corgan which is why the vocals sound different from other SP stuff.

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Mar 4, 2010 at 3:27 AM Post #68 of 98
Gary Jules' cover of "Mad World" by Tears for Fears.

YouTube - Mad World - Gary Jules

Also, look up the translation of the lyrics to Manu Chao's "Je Ne T'Aime Plus".

Mar 23, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #71 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Halluci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gary Jules' cover of "Mad World" by Tears for Fears.

YouTube - Mad World - Gary Jules

Also, look up the translation of the lyrics to Manu Chao's "Je Ne T'Aime Plus".

Since I heard it played at the double funeral of a young couple, and was shocked by the lyrics, this song definitely qualifies.

Mar 24, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #72 of 98
Stuff from Joy Division (the New Order work got a little less dreary)
Some of the work from The Smiths

I can't nail down specific songs. There are many depressing songs - sound, subject matter, etc.

Mar 24, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #74 of 98
Tim Mcgraw - Dont take the girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back