The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Nov 23, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #331 of 4,317

I should be getting mine in the mail today but in the mean time for those who have them already...
I have this track and find it to have the most amazing bass ive ever heard here it is enjoy. 
beerchug.gif

Nov 23, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #332 of 4,317

Quote:
@ some1 You do realize if you end up with 6 extras you could probably make money off of those. lol!!

The thing is, i had to order, otherwise they would run out while waiting for people to pay me, now i have them on order, people complain about the price, which actually isn't that bad considering they have to come from the states £5.85 + P&P to the destination, or they actually think i have them already, which is weird.  If people are gonna leave me stranded as they are currently, i will be putting them up on the for sale thread for a profit.

Nov 23, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #333 of 4,317

Quote:
The thing is, i had to order, otherwise they would run out while waiting for people to pay me, now i have them on order, people complain about the price, which actually isn't that bad considering they have to come from the states £5.85 + P&P to the destination, or they actually think i have them already, which is weird.  If people are gonna leave me stranded as they are currently, i will be putting them up on the for sale thread for a profit.

price is fine for me, I just assumed the way you initially mentioned them you had them on you.
plus, I don't think many people on here would want to pay for something from someone who hasn't got them themselves yet (anything could go wrong, you could never receive the etc) even if it is only like £6 - 
biggrin.gif

Nov 23, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #334 of 4,317

Quote:

price is fine for me, I just assumed the way you initially mentioned them you had them on you.
plus, I don't think many people on here would want to pay for something from someone who hasn't got them themselves yet (anything could go wrong, you could never receive the etc) even if it is only like £6 - 
biggrin.gif

Fair enough, but the principal of a group buy doesn't work like that, it works that people all chip in to obtain them then somebody buys them and gets thems shipped, thus saving on shipping, i chose to snap up some while they were still in stock, 2 people have stood by their interest and paid.  If you expect me to shoulder all risk until they arrive then you choose to buy, thats up to you, but any unclaimed pairs on their arrival will be sold for a profit (if i can even sell them for a profit, which i am sceptical about)

Nov 23, 2011 at 11:04 AM Post #335 of 4,317
Oh yea I understand man, and appreciate it -

If it was me I'd do it on a first come first serve basis regarding who contacted me first - Then I'd contact the members once I had received them. If anyone decides to drop out at that point then sell them for profit 
redface.gif

The thing is, at this time of year, so much crap goes missing in the mail; therefore, you get 10 people to pay you £6 via Gift, you don't receive them, then you have to refund each and every single one of them the money else you get moans etc - Just trying to save you hassle in the long run in case anything goes **** up.

Nov 23, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #336 of 4,317

Quote:
Oh yea I understand man, and appreciate it -

If it was me I'd do it on a first come first serve basis regarding who contacted me first - Then I'd contact the members once I had received them. If anyone decides to drop out at that point then sell them for profit 
redface.gif

The thing is, at this time of year, so much crap goes missing in the mail; therefore, you get 10 people to pay you £6 via Gift, you don't receive them, then you have to refund each and every single one of them the money else you get moans etc - Just trying to save you hassle in the long run in case anything goes **** up.

You forget, i have already paid John in Cali who very kindly helped to get the ball rolling, even if each interested party had paid him directly, the same problem and point exists, there is no way a member in the states is going to post out the phones without payment.  I believe in a group buy situation, all members undertstand the risks of buying that way and in such a situation everybody involved would have to shoulder the loss.  There is no way its worth having postal insurance as this will increase the cost of postage by so much, you may as well just pay the $27 postage for one IEM direclty from Monoprice.   i have decided this is the last time i mention it, the amount of hassle trying to help people is beyond belief.

Nov 23, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #337 of 4,317
Wow man, I think your looking too deeply into this, I'm merely stating that it's just a risk and people dont like risks - its not like you've bought 50 pairs at £50 each and you're living on the streets unless people pay you right now - All I'm saying is that I would wait until I had them and then mention it, if you want to sell them for profit go for it man - I wasn't ever suggesting you weren't trying to help, nor was I suggesting I wasn't interested - What you're trying to do is great and for that is the reason I contacted you. Furthermore I was going to send you more than they cost once you had received them, for the effort you had put in; as, as well as you, I'm all in for helping people - The amount of times I've sent free things out I've lost count..

Nov 23, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #338 of 4,317
Well. I appreciate what you are doing for the cause there Some1. Lets wait on some more impressions and we will see how quickly those go. Considering these are now rare. I have a feeling once everyone gets their 8320. If these take off much like the HTF600 did on my other thread. You should have no issues getting rid of them...

@libertad nice tune.. Sounds awesome on the 8320..

A little update guys. I am now 100% certain the driver housing is not a metallic paint coated plastic like I once thought.. These have a 100% metal casing..Looking at the various scratches on the 8320 on my very worn in pair. There is no way this is painted.. I accidently stepped on it and managed to scuff it up pretty badly but it never buckled or anything of the sort under my full weight. Try that with your IEMs.Lol! So these are very sturdy, even the chord which looks weak as it is thin. Simply is not weak at all, the braided chord is holding these up a lot better than I thought.. The all metal housing is good news as this explains why these have a very clean sound to them..Companies such as Audio Technica and or main stream companies charge up to a $100 just to throw better materials around the housing of a driver and so given this latest revelation,  what can I say. Even more to like about these.

Nov 23, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #339 of 4,317
I just received mine, and all I can say is thank you Dsnuts. I was looking for a mini version of my GR07 for hen I wanted to work out or play basketball, and these are it. They share the same overall signature, except the GR07 is of course more extended and detailed. I just want to use this opp to tell the others who have a problem with how Dsnuts presents new iems to keep quiet until you try them out. I consider myself fairly experienced when it comes to iems, and I will say that Dsnuts is right when he says that the 8320 punches FAR above it's price range, proving that good audio CAN be had for cheap. I'll even say that I like them more than the turbines I had. I'm a sucker for great audio at a reasonable price, which is why I love my GR07 so much. I encourage everyone who wants quality audio for a ridiculous price to get these. Thanks again Dsnuts

The tips on them are the HifiMan Biflange tips

Nov 23, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #340 of 4,317

Quote:
I just received mine, and all I can say is thank you Dsnuts. I was looking for a mini version of my GR07 for hen I wanted to work out or play basketball, and these are it. They share the same overall signature, except the GR07 is of course more extended and detailed. I just want to use this opp to tell the others who have a problem with how Dsnuts presents new iems to keep quiet until you try them out. I consider myself fairly experienced when it comes to iems, and I will say that Dsnuts is right when he says that the 8320 punches FAR above it's price range, proving that good audio CAN be had for cheap. I'll even say that I like them more than the turbines I had. I'm a sucker for great audio at a reasonable price, which is why I love my GR07 so much. I encourage everyone who wants quality audio for a ridiculous price to get these. Thanks again Dsnuts

A mini version of the GR07?. Wow.. That is awesome. You know what is funny. I was gonna get some GR07 to compare them with these too. You just did for me. I appreciate your report. Astounding for the cost. There is a reason for my insanity guys.. Enjoy your new 8320s..Those tips look perfect for them.

And these would be indeed perfect for the gym.. They are a lot stronger and better quality than what they seem..Solid metal casing.

Nov 23, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #342 of 4,317

Quote:
Thanks. You know what's funny? One pair of those tips cost almost as much as the 8320 
etysmile.gif

I got one better. I just bought these on gold box deal for $15 shipped. That equals 2 pairs of 8320. http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Foam-SuperTip-Sampler-Starter/dp/B003TFEHMA/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1322081413&sr=1-3.. These 8320s are silly indeed! My foam insert mod is working perfect for me but I keep on thinking there are better tips for them so I hope to find a better one in this pack.

You just got them.? No burn in? lol!..I was just listening to one of the most bass heavy albums ever in Lil Waynes- Tha Carter IV.. Unfreaking real.. Every single tune the bass notes are clear as day. This kind of rumble for the cost of a latte and muffin is just unheard of.. These have to be in my estimate the best bang per buck piece of audio equipment that I know of. I thought my HTF600s were it and they are for headphones but for Iems. There is no question in my mind. I will end up getting the GR07 as an upgrade to the sound on these but for now. Let the craziness ensue.

Nov 23, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #343 of 4,317

Quote:

GR07 are my main IEM right now

Nov 23, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #345 of 4,317

Ok, I'll put up more detailed impressions later but, yeah, aside from the issue with fit which will render them useless for some, the SQ is quite amazing. Not exactly my preferred SS though.

It definitely belongs in the budget-fi sub $50 group that's been changing the landscape in the last couple of years. Someone needs to send these to |joker|, this is gonna shake up the lower end bass kings-M6,Trident, Beta, E10, Pro Alpha, and the likes. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back