"The Lab"
Oct 4, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #12,993 of 20,136
Oct 4, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #12,998 of 20,136
I like headphones

Chief, I saw your review on Dunu 2000J and you mentioned they "can be bright and thin for some". When I read this, my Altone 200 came to  mind right away.
*start whisper mode*
Are 2000J as thin as Altone 200? 
*end whisper mode*

Oct 4, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #13,000 of 20,136
FLC 8 is a pretty interesting, super customizable triple hybrid. It's got tuning filters plus two tuning plugs per earpiece to fine tune bass and treble. Has good feedback and reviews / just not much exposure.

THIRTY-SIX SOUND SIGNATURE TWEAKS! *erhem* yes I'm a bit of a fan of it. Sound is pretty balanced (in balanced configuration lol) and unfatiguing with nice body. Soundstage is above average.

I'm kinda torn between the FLC8S and CA's Ei.3..

Oct 4, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #13,001 of 20,136
THIRTY-SIX SOUND SIGNATURE TWEAKS! *erhem* yes I'm a bit of a fan of it. Sound is pretty balanced (in balanced configuration lol) and unfatiguing with nice body. Soundstage is above average.

I'm kinda torn between the FLC8S and CA's Ei.3..

Thanks for telling us your experience with them. Being torn between those and Ei.3 is encouraging. Do you know what filter + plugs did you hear them with?

Teo at LMUE wants to get these more exposure in the western market, and the more I hear about them the more excited I am to try them.

I'm hoping to get them in sometime soon, so I have a few premium tune-able IEM in house - FLC 8S, RHA T20, and/or Torque t096z.

Oct 4, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #13,002 of 20,136
nmatheis Thats a nice setup you're running there. Those Torques are a neat looking iem.

Yeah, they're interesting in that the valves aren't filters like I thought they might be. There's no acoustic dampeners inside. Sound is shaped by shaping the sound tube inside the valves - diameter + distance from tip. As long as they're machined correctly, there's no worry about acoustic dampeners getting displaced, wet, etc.

I'm just worried I won't get enough time to break in the biocell drivers. From what I remember of that material, a long burn-in period is recommended to really hear them at their best. That said, these sound good already so if they continue to improve...
:L3000:

Oct 4, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #13,003 of 20,136
  Other notables who haven't been around, @mrmoto050, @altrunox, @Netforce, @The Dan of Steel, and many more. Thanks for making "The Lab" more than I ever imagined it to be. 

Yeah, has been a while, nice to see that you guys are still rocking here 
beerchug.gif

Oct 4, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #13,004 of 20,136
Yeah, they're interesting in that the valves aren't filters like I thought they might be. There's no acoustic dampeners inside. Sound is shaped by shaping the sound tube inside the valves - diameter + distance from tip. As long as they're machined correctly, there's no worry about acoustic dampeners getting displaced, wet, etc.

I'm just worried I won't get enough time to break in the biocell drivers. From what I remember of that material, a long burn-in period is recommended to really hear them at their best. That said, these sound good already so if they continue to improve...
L3000.gif

That's pretty cool. Nice to see a change up to the typical filter system that should in theory prove more reliable in the long run.

Oct 4, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #13,005 of 20,136
I imagine if the M2 tour unit had eyes this is what it would see when in @nmatheis's hands.......

Tonight's lab: Shanling M3 + Torque t096z with Green Valves + Pye Corner Audio + Boulevard Saison (not pictured) =
L3000.gif

Those DAPs do seem pretty sweet - I'll toss in the Cayin too, and I'm looking forward to more impressions, but… I'm going to have to rethink this whole DAP aquisition. It was pointed out in another thread, by a person far smarter than myself, that I do in fact want a device with a shiny touchscreen that takes up all the surface area. This goes for you guys as well. You just need to open your minds and accept it as fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back