"The Lab"
Aug 6, 2015 at 4:50 AM Post #10,996 of 20,136
Interested :rolleyes:

Any links for a thread for this?

Nothing yet. Just what James posted in the regular X7 thread. :wink_face:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/713735/x7-the-flagship-dap-from-fiio-updated-on-15-12-2014/4425#post_11815607

I'm sure Joe will create a thread when the time is near.

Aug 6, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #10,997 of 20,136
Nothing yet. Just what James posted in the regular X7 thread.
wink_face.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/713735/x7-the-flagship-dap-from-fiio-updated-on-15-12-2014/4425#post_11815607

I'm sure Joe will create a thread when the time is near.

Thanks for the info @x RELIC x 
beerchug.gif

Aug 6, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #10,998 of 20,136
Haha! Not much info but I got excited. I was doubting they'd do a world tour. Now the wait for the tour announcement. Hope I don't miss it.

:beerchug:

Aug 6, 2015 at 7:48 AM Post #10,999 of 20,136
Hope I don't miss the announcement too...

Anyway, anyone of us (who notices first) can share it in the LAB
wink.gif

Off Topic:

I got all my focus on the Cayin C5DAC nowadays... Its sound signature and power matched excellent with (surprise) Koss PortaPro. I had this headphone for more than 10 years and C5DAC gave it a new life!

Its almost one level up with the C5DAC. I have a highly modded PortaPro and KSC-35 and both benefited well. I will be trying the PX100ii next. The other full sized HP's also sounds good with the C5DAC but I can't call something special (magical) with their pairings...

IMO, slightly darker sounding headphones matches well with C5DAC (also the HP's which require some amping to sound better).

I have 3 different versions of the new Brainwavz earpads and going to prepare a review for them. Angled velour one gave a new life to the DT-150. The pleather one sounds very close to the original DT-150 earpads. Next time will be trying the hybrid earpads. Then the trials will begin with the modded Fostex T50RP. I guess that the angled pleather ones will sound the best with it.

Aug 6, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #11,000 of 20,136
Haha! Not much info but I got excited. I was doubting they'd do a world tour. Now the wait for the tour announcement. Hope I don't miss it.

beerchug.gif

Yes, will be exciting, but I'm a bit disappointed with a design.  I know, sound quality is #1 priority and I'm sure FiiO won't let us down in that department.  But one of the things that I absolutely love about FiiO, or any other DAP manufacturer, is the unique look that makes it a pleasure to handle, not just to listen.  AK120ii is a good DAP, but at a faction of a price I have other daps that sound as good or even better.  But AK dap handling/control experience is bar none.

I like modular swappable amp idea of X7, very clever to go between default module and high power/balanced out replacement module.  James was even talking about possibility of utilizing a module with addition expanded memory, and I really hope they can introduce one with additional battery to squeeze out more performance hours.  But when you look at this touch-DAP - it's just a vanilla smartphone.  I'm OK with that, will be easy in-and-out of the pocket.  BUT putting on one side a joint volume +/- buttons and a power button and in exact position on the opposite side a fwd/rev joint button and play button (exactly the same shape/form in a symmetrical location), that is not a good idea.  You will get confused handling it by either right or left hands, and if it's in your pocket, how do you know which side is right or left to determine if you are pressing play/skip or changing the volume or pushing power instead of play?  OK, maybe you can feel the battery bump on the back and than try to think in your head if the buttons your are pushing relative to the right or left side and how it is related to the touch screen versus the back, and so on...  Do you see my point?

The least they can do is make transport buttons uniquely shaped and separated, but either way I was hoping for something a little more unique in terms of the overall shape/design.  When I take my review pictures with FiiO or Cayin or QLS daps, there is no way to be mistaken which DAP I have in the picture.  With X7 (and probably dressed in some silicone case), it's going to look like another smartphone :frowning2:  Just hope they will update those buttons...

Aug 6, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #11,001 of 20,136

Yes, will be exciting, but I'm a bit disappointed with a design.  I know, sound quality is #1 priority and I'm sure FiiO won't let us down in that department.  But one of the things that I absolutely love about FiiO, or any other DAP manufacturer, is the unique look that makes it a pleasure to handle, not just to listen.  AK120ii is a good DAP, but at a faction of a price I have other daps that sound as good or even better.  But AK dap handling/control experience is bar none.

I like modular swappable amp idea of X7, very clever to go between default module and high power/balanced out replacement module.  James was even talking about possibility of utilizing a module with addition expanded memory, and I really hope they can introduce one with additional battery to squeeze out more performance hours.  But when you look at this touch-DAP - it's just a vanilla smartphone.  I'm OK with that, will be easy in-and-out of the pocket.  BUT putting on one side a joint volume +/- buttons and a power button and in exact position on the opposite side a fwd/rev joint button and play button (exactly the same shape/form in a symmetrical location), that is not a good idea.  You will get confused handling it by either right or left hands, and if it's in your pocket, how do you know which side is right or left to determine if you are pressing play/skip or changing the volume or pushing power instead of play?  OK, maybe you can feel the battery bump on the back and than try to think in your head if the buttons your are pushing relative to the right or left side and how it is related to the touch screen versus the back, and so on...  Do you see my point?

The least they can do is make transport buttons uniquely shaped and separated, but either way I was hoping for something a little more unique in terms of the overall shape/design.  When I take my review pictures with FiiO or Cayin or QLS daps, there is no way to be mistaken which DAP I have in the picture.  With X7 (and probably dressed in some silicone case), it's going to look like another smartphone :frowning2:  Just hope they will update those buttons...

THX for the post Twist, nice looking DAP as a matter a fact I just showed it to my X3ii and it frowned back at me
blink.gif
LOL

Aug 6, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #11,002 of 20,136
Alex I agree it will be a pain in the ass to change volume or tracks when its in your pocket. Thats one of my favorite things about my AK100II I can change volume or track when its in my front or back pocket.

Aug 6, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #11,003 of 20,136

Design looks like a smartphone rather than a DAP. I agree with you here Twister.

And I always prefer to see/use an analogue volume knob.

Aug 6, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #11,004 of 20,136
So as not to go too far off topic and I know Adam likes to post a little bit about his ball player now and then I thought I would give my 11 year old some props on his and my latest project together. He was born an engineer and already wants to be one as an adult, when I was 11 all I could think about was who was having the next water balloon fight
blink.gif

Since he was born he always was fascinated with taking toys apart and seeing what made them work before reassembling them! I post in here because I'm like 100% sure we have several gamers amongst us and my son had disassembled 3 different Nerf guns in order to build his favorite gun from his favorite (at the moment) video game. I present you guys with his reconfigured and modified "Ice Breaker" from the game Destiny. I beam with joy at how proud I am of his commitment to his projects and how he goes about them
bigsmile_face.gif

I'll let you guys decide how close he's come to the real deal
wink_face.gif

Aug 6, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #11,008 of 20,136

really disappointed with this, not even interested any longer

Aug 6, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #11,009 of 20,136
Tbh seeing that the original X3 is still on Beta fw two years after its release has made me loose confidence in their DAP's.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back