"The Lab"
Aug 5, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #10,981 of 20,136
Great review dude.

When I hear people talk about the transparency and neutrality and details, it makes me wonder if my e80 sounds the same as everyone else's.

knowhatamsayin @nmatheis?

I hear a pretty solid bass presence and timbre rich midrange with very natural treble. Reading your review it sounds like we relatively heard the same thing

I suppose a lot depends on the source/DAP used and your prefered type of music.

It sounds like the Fidue A73 is still on top, up to its price range.

I wonder if IEM's can ever match good cans.

Aug 5, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #10,982 of 20,136

IMHO I think we've finally reached that point.

A73,e80,Havi,even the ed9 as well as others sound as good to my ears as many full size cans that cost much much more

Aug 5, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #10,983 of 20,136

Sometimes TOTL IEMs surpass TOTL cans.

Aug 5, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #10,984 of 20,136
Sometimes TOTL IEMs surpass TOTL cans.

Kaiser/Savant, Roxanne/Layla anyone
rolleyes.gif

Aug 5, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #10,985 of 20,136
Great review dude.

When I hear people talk about the transparency and neutrality and details, it makes me wonder if my e80 sounds the same as everyone else's.

knowhatamsayin nmatheis?

I hear a pretty solid bass presence and timbre rich midrange with very natural treble. Reading your review it sounds like we relatively heard the same thing

Yup, I think we're hearing them differently than others, my friend. When I looked at the Pros for other reviews and saw words like detailed, neutral, and transparent it made me second-guess myself. So I took another listen to confirm what I heard and ploughed on against the tide :wink_face:

Aug 5, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #10,986 of 20,136
Aug 5, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #10,988 of 20,136
Yup, I think we're hearing them differently than others, my friend. When I looked at the Pros for other reviews and saw words like detailed, neutral, and transparent it made me second-guess myself. So I took another listen to confirm what I heard and ploughed on against the tide
wink_face.gif

smily_headphones1.gif
Don't feel bad Nik. It seems I'm against the general consensus most of the time. When I hear reviews of 'phones that are detailed, neutral, and transparent it always seems they leave out the one detail that is the most important: BORING.

But Hey That's just me: TWIN the Antichrist of Earphone Reviews.
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Aug 5, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #10,989 of 20,136
:) Don't feel bad Nik. It seems I'm against the general consensus most of the time. When I hear reviews of 'phones that are detailed, neutral, and transparent it always seems they leave out the one detail that is the most important: BORING.

But Hey That's just me: TWIN the Antichrist of Earphone Reviews.:D

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

You and me buddy, you and me…

Aug 5, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #10,990 of 20,136
Aug 5, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #10,991 of 20,136
:cool: We need to form a Tag Team....

In honor of Rowdy Roddy Piper and all.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: TWIN

My home town favorite!

I remember watching Rowdy Roddy Piper stomping around in his kilt with bagpipes on Portland Wrestling late on Saturday nights with my grandma.

Those guys used to roll off the mat with no blood, roll under the mat to pop a few blood capsules or get out the razor blade, and roll back out with the dreaded forehead of blood :eek:

I'd ask my grandma about this, and she'd get really mad and send me to bed :blink:

Aug 6, 2015 at 4:29 AM Post #10,994 of 20,136
nmatheis, and the rest of the FiiO fans in The Lab, James just basically confirmed a world tour for the X7. Keep an eye out!

Of course it might not be until November. :wink_face:

Aug 6, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #10,995 of 20,136
@nmatheis, and the rest of the FiiO fans in The Lab, James just basically confirmed a world tour for the X7. Keep an eye out!

Of course it might not be until November.
wink_face.gif

Interested
rolleyes.gif

Any links for a thread for this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back