"The Lab"
May 31, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #7,606 of 20,136
I looked at them & read the review, and I can't really understand the hype. What I'm reading is:
  • warm signature
  • lush mid-range (usually associated with warm and smooth)
  • rolled off treble

The guy that wrote the review has a lot of darker headphones, and is a self confessed bass head. Is it just me, or does the R2A hype train appear to be running madly amok?

What I'd like to see is someone who's reviews I know and can relate to actually give an honest opinion on them.

This is exactly what I'm missing as well, I think they've made a mistake in the choice of reviewers but that's probably due to them being new to this kind of business.

May 31, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #7,607 of 20,136

It's not really a comfort issue. Sound cuts out a lot with IEM in my right ear but not my left. Seems like the tip is getting blocked or pinched. Having something pumping the music past that point of blockage / pinching should prevent this.

Sounds like you have a really sharp bend in that ear. Customs will definitley help with that. Maybe try some spin-fits on your universals; they may help a bit too.

I think sgs is right on that. I tend to have the same issues, though I guess to a lesser degree maybe. When i took my first ear impressions, my audiologist told me that my ears are very well suited for customs because the more bendy shape I have helps to assure that customs stay snugly fit in my ears better. Definitely sounds like there's potential for you there then!

May 31, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #7,608 of 20,136
  This is exactly what I'm missing as well, I think they've made a mistake in the choice of reviewers but that's probably due to them being new to this kind of business.

units have been sent out but the publication is taking some for the sites so its just bad timing. Anyway its risk free so why the hell not :)

If it turns out as well as its cracked up to be, I am gonna be really happy 

May 31, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #7,610 of 20,136
units have been sent out but the publication is taking some for the sites so its just bad timing. Anyway its risk free so why the hell not :)

If it turns out as well as its cracked up to be, I am gonna be really happy 

I agree, the return service makes it a really small risk.

I still think they made a mistake with the review units, those should have been available in good time before the closing if the KS campaign.

Anyhow I'm glad they reached their goal and looking forward to hearing more about these in the future :)

May 31, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #7,611 of 20,136
smily_headphones1.gif
Brooko, I will let you know as soon as I get them. On a whim I backed the R2As. Now, I'm not a basshead but I don't really like a Flat Audiophile EQ either. I'm prolly more V  or U shaped in preference. One thing I really don't know if I believe is the HUGE difference given their tiny Mass, that the reviewers are hearing between the Alum. S. Steel and Titanium. THAT I believe is the Hype part.

I don't Know we will see. I will have the Deltas to compare them to.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

May 31, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #7,612 of 20,136

smily_headphones1.gif
Brooko, I will let you know as soon as I get them. On a whim I backed the R2As. Now, I'm not a basshead but I don't really like a Flat Audiophile EQ either. I'm prolly more V  or U shaped in preference. One thing I really don't know if I believe is the HUGE difference given their tiny Mass, that the reviewers are hearing between the Alum. S. Steel and Titanium. THAT I believe is the Hype part.

I don't Know we will see. I will have the Deltas to compare them to.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

apparently the material of the body effects distortion and such and the tougher the metal, the more neutral the sound. The R2A aren't outright bass canons so you should be okay :) Congrats on the backing! They sent out a mass email to the all the backers about giving the backers a special something at the end of the campaign. Cant wait to see what it is :wink:

Edit: I agree that the differences between the models wont be night and day so the R2A is the better buy imo.

May 31, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #7,613 of 20,136

apparently the material of the body effects distortion and such and the tougher the metal, the more neutral the sound. The R2A aren't outright bass canons so you should be okay :) Congrats on the backing! They sent out a mass email to the all the backers about giving the backers a special something at the end of the campaign. Cant wait to see what it is :wink:

Edit: I agree that the differences between the models wont be night and day so the R2A is the better buy imo.

smily_headphones1.gif
Oh from a price performance point the Reg. Alum. R2A is by far the better Value. As far as the sonic differences go: I'd like to see one of our own reviewers compare all 3. From the sound of it though, I get the distinct impression the reviewer at Headfonia is definitely leaning towards the R2A.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

May 31, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #7,614 of 20,136

smily_headphones1.gif
Oh from a price performance point the Reg. Alum. R2A is by far the better Value. As far as the sonic differences go: I'd like to see one of our own reviewers compare all 3. From the sound of it though, I get the distinct impression the reviewer at Headfonia is definitely leaning towards the R2A.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Yeah if one of our own reviewed it we would get a nice breakdown of how they differ sonically. According to the reviewer, they are still stunningly vivid and clear so they are not traditional basshead headphones :)  I would hope anyway! Guess we will find out in the 3rd week of June!

May 31, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #7,615 of 20,136
Is it just me or have we stolen all the traffic from the Chinese Gear thread? I can recall only not long ago we were celebrating 1000 pages in that thread and this thread only just began. Now the Chinese Gear thread has only progress not even 100 pages and the Lab is past 500. What have we done!!!!

May 31, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #7,616 of 20,136
  Is it just me or have we stolen all the traffic from the Chinese Gear thread? I can recall only not long ago we were celebrating 1000 pages in that thread and this thread only just began. Now the Chinese Gear thread has only progress not even 100 pages and the Lab is past 500. What have we done!!!!

what chinese gear thread? :p

May 31, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #7,619 of 20,136
It just kind of worked out that way. I still love Chinese Asian thread but it got bogged down by a couple A-holes for a while (who are now banned). I think this thread just became home/hangout spot for a lot of good people.

May 31, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #7,620 of 20,136
I'd like to get an opinion from you guys if I could. I have the DX50 and listen to FLAC files almost exclusively; maybe 5% of my files are 320k mp3. Music I listen to is ..... let's say eclectic ; anything from Sarah McLachlan to The Misfits and everything in between. Most of my listening is through TF10s with a Null Audio - Brevity cable ; with this setup I want for nothing soundwise. I'm looking to get , actually I've ordered, the V Moda m80. Was looking for an over ear with a similar sound but not quite as much isolation. Figured for the $79 they are going for on Amazon it was hard to go wrong ; or did I? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back