"The Lab"
Oct 5, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #18,766 of 20,136
  It's more like the exasperated breath of someone who almost made a disastrous mistake of mailing everyone because outlook somehow mixed different emails into one massive jumble of utter cr**.

I like gmail.  At least the search function works.

I have never tried gmail but hear it is very popular.

Me hoping to get my little mitts on the new Fiio A5 amp due to be released 20th of this month.

Guys, any other amps in the pipeline? - have had Fiio E12A and Cayin C5 so far.

Oct 7, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #18,769 of 20,136
New toy
wink.gif

cool.gif
NICE.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Oct 7, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #18,770 of 20,136

Why not the HD 600, buddy? 

If the SE sounds like the regular 598, then... um... well... hmm... errr... let's just say that I wouldn't use it for anything but slow, soft, mellow and easy music.

If you however got it for a good deal and in the two-digit price range (and/or like its sound), I guess then it's all right. 
beerchug.gif

Oct 7, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #18,771 of 20,136
Why not the HD 600, buddy? 

If the SE sounds like the regular 598, then... um... well... hmm... errr... let's just say that I wouldn't use it for anything but slow, soft, mellow and easy music.

If you however got it for a good deal and in the two-digit price range (and/or like its sound), I guess then it's all right. :beerchug:  

Yeah, €99 where just to good to pass on for me. I'm planning to use them primarily for movies (replacing the Q701's for this) because it's small and comfortable even when lying in the couch :wink:

I've auditioned them many times so I knew pretty well what I was getting.

Oct 7, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #18,772 of 20,136

Yeah, €99 where just to good to pass on for me. I'm planning to use them primarily for movies (replacing the Q701's for this) because it's small and comfortable even when lying in the couch
wink.gif

I've auditioned them many times so I knew pretty well what I was getting.

Alright, I see. That price is of course much fairer than the MSRP/early price (I think I paid €189-something-ish and was one of the first owners). The very first units by the way needed a headband-padding massage for it to become soft as it was quite stiff. They then fixed it with later batches.

Ooooh, so true, they are soo comfortable! The oval pads with the light weight work very well and the wide soundstage is great for movies. Maybe I should dig my HD 598 out and use it for movies, too. I think it would be better suited than my HD 800 that I am occasionally (ab-) using for that purpose (I am always afraid to touch the magnesium/aluminium/whatever mesh and damage the silver paint). Going from memory, the 598 also has the higher clamping force wherefore it wouldn't tilt back and forth when leaning back.

Peter, you gave me some great ideas!
beerchug.gif

Oct 7, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #18,773 of 20,136
I got a new project. Took my old clunky POS laptop and decided to turn it into a music server. Got it running DAPhile right now, so far so good. None of the latency problem I had on Windows, and way easier to set up than a full Linux install. Still need to tweak the settings to get it running best (not familiar with Linux - what the heck is ALSA anyways?)

Anybody else trying this sort of thing?

Oct 9, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #18,777 of 20,136
I've started a little thread for fun in the members lounge.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/822467/show-us-your-head-fi-reputation

Please pop by when you have time. 

Oct 9, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #18,779 of 20,136
  Do we get a free beer if our rep is high enough?

Of course, and I'll even create a little meme or something with your username on it. Maybe a wall of fame or something.

When I travel deep into the secret passage ways of Head-fi I read somewhere Brooko has the most reputation of anyone on Head-fi. 
eek.gif

Sure would like to see those digits...

Oct 9, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #18,780 of 20,136
Of course, and I'll even create a little meme or something with your username on it. Maybe a wall of fame or something.

When I travel deep into the secret passage ways of Head-fi I read somewhere Brooko has the most reputation of anyone on Head-fi. :eek:

Sure would like to see those digits...

Bit more involved than what you guys see. I'll explain in your thread tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back