"The Lab"
Apr 5, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #17,252 of 20,136
That 6k peak/bump in HUM looks a bit too much. Don't know how will it sound, just judging by FR.

It's raw, uncompensated data without application of any target response curve yet, buddy. 
wink.gif

#Open-Ear-Gain, #HRTF, #Compensation, #Frequency-Response, #Headphones, #In-Ears, #Ears, #I-like-Headphones, #I-don't-even-know-why-I-am-using-Hashtags-as-I-am-not-even-registered-on-Twitter-or-Facebook-or-else

On a side-note, my review of the FiiO EM3 earbuds just went online:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-em3-open-earbud-earphones-with-in-line-microphone-black/reviews/15687

Not bad for below 20 bucks worldwide, but there are some areas where I definitely see room for improvement.

Apr 5, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #17,253 of 20,136
the components of the Aria are way too similar to the HUM.
wonder whether HUM is which @taiden got his inspiration from haha

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #17,256 of 20,136

I haven't had a chance to listen to the HUM pristine yet, maybe someday. :)

ARIA is a quad, HUM is a dual. :) But maybe similar in terms of simplicity of design. 

icic cheers mate!

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #17,257 of 20,136

there is only so many ways a CIEM can be designed lol

if you know HUM, you will know how special it is.
you don't simply see a vishay component part in your iem with litz wiring

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #17,260 of 20,136
There are also some UIEMs and CIEMs around on the market that are utilising no drivers at all and are purely running on the user's imagination. Some people usually (falsely) refer to them as "listening protection", but we all know that they are lying. Shhh, don't tell anyone. 
etysmile.gif

That would have been a fantastic topic for April Fool's.

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #17,261 of 20,136
  There are also some UIEMs and CIEMs around on the market that are utilising no drivers at all and are purely running on the user's imagination. Some people usually (falsely) refer to them as "listening protection", but we all know that they are lying. Shhh, don't tell anyone. 
etysmile.gif

That would have been a fantastic topic for April Fool's.

nice banter mate
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back