"The Lab"
Apr 2, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #17,191 of 20,136
+1 for Bandcamp. I also use Boomkat and Presto Classical. Have boxes of CDs, but don't buy many these days. Shipping costs are horrible now unless you're getting at least a dozen at once. I really would prefer a physical product, but tis cheaper to just purchase a digital version.

Apr 2, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #17,192 of 20,136

Mostly CDs (around 450 at last count), the rest is digital purchases from Bandcamp, HD Tracks, Subpop Megamart, CD-Baby - a variety of on-line stores really. I'm actually quite proud of the fact that all of my music is legally purchased.

Sigh, If only there were original CD stores here ........... I could buy a Digital copy online but I prefer spending that money on a physical copy.

Apr 2, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #17,193 of 20,136
As of now I get my movie scores/soundtracks from ********. People there share EAC CD rips of ost and such. mostly in flac but there are also some 24-bit , vinyl rips there. 
Highly recommended for fans of movie scores/classical music.
U need an account to see the download links.

No mainstream music there though as its not legal.

Apr 2, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #17,194 of 20,136
labsters, was thinking of picking up either a 64GB or 128GB microSD card for my DAP. I don't know jack about read speeds etc, but the higher read speeds seem to cost a lot more than the ones with lower read speeds.

Does it make a difference when listening to music?

Anyone know of any good deals on microSD cards? I would prefer to get 200gb but the prices seem to quite a bit at the moment, so 128GB will be just fine.

Apr 2, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #17,195 of 20,136
  Just a passing thought, where do you guys get your songs?

Mainly CDs. And for stationary use and critical listening (not for the reviews, for private, intimate listening), it is only CDs. I don't like downloads. The minor, negligible rest was either purchased online (Bluecost Records, iTunes, Amazon, Musicload) or contains of copyright-free releases (only legal stuff).
LPs get use from time to time as well. I also have some audio cassettes, but the cassette player's power supply went "poof" a few years ago (one of the infamous green froggie capacitors - hoping that it was the only thing that got damaged) and I still need to fix it.

Apr 2, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #17,197 of 20,136
  labsters, was thinking of picking up either a 64GB or 128GB microSD card for my DAP. I don't know jack about read speeds etc, but the higher read speeds seem to cost a lot more than the ones with lower read speeds.

Does it make a difference when listening to music?

Anyone know of any good deals on microSD cards? I would prefer to get 200gb but the prices seem to quite a bit at the moment, so 128GB will be just fine.

plain ol class 10 will work for everything you throw at it. Honestly it's overkill for playback, but they are the most readily available.
Haven't seen any decent prices for the 200gb card here in the GWN, but Patriot 128gb have been fair cheap on Amazon.ca

NCIX usually has one or two on sale also

Apr 2, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #17,198 of 20,136
As of now I get my movie scores/soundtracks from *******. People there share EAC CD rips of ost and such. mostly in flac but there are also some 24-bit , vinyl rips there. 
Highly recommended for fans of movie scores/classical music.
U need an account to see the download links.

No mainstream music there though as its not legal.

Which is why you shouldn't advertise it here. Being in the creative industry myself I have a strong aversion to people not paying for copies of music. :mad:

Apr 2, 2016 at 2:02 AM Post #17,199 of 20,136
Which hybrid IEM do you guys perceive to be the best in the market? Would love to hear opinions!
For me is Kumitate Lab Trio

Apr 2, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #17,200 of 20,136
Which hybrid IEM do you guys perceive to be the best in the market? Would love to hear opinions!
For me is Kumitate Lab Trio

The answer is quite simple. Tralucent Audio - hybrids.

But please, please someone let me hear an IEM that proves me wrong. Because I just can't find one...

Apr 2, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #17,202 of 20,136

have u tried Kumitate?

No, seems hard to obtain in Straya. The name sounds quite fancy though.  

Its not that I want to be a Tralucent fanboy forever, although quite an easy lifestyle. Just everything I audition whether it be in store or home audition (listed in my profile) hasn't reached the same level of performance. There's plenty of fanboy inside me to share, I WANT to share, but nothing wins my heart so far.

Its a frustrating life to be honest. 

Apr 2, 2016 at 4:21 AM Post #17,203 of 20,136
blink.gif

It was 400/500-something-ish a couple of weeks ago. Seems like Amazon isn't sure what to set as final pre-order price, because €884.04 is pretty ridiculous.

Apr 2, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #17,204 of 20,136

No, seems hard to obtain in Straya. The name sounds quite fancy though.  

Its not that I want to be a Tralucent fanboy forever, although quite an easy lifestyle. Just everything I audition whether it be in store or home audition (listed in my profile) hasn't reached the same level of performance. There's plenty of fanboy inside me to share, I WANT to share, but nothing wins my heart so far.

Its a frustrating life to be honest. 

haha fair enough mate

Apr 2, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #17,205 of 20,136
Which is why you shouldn't advertise it here. Being in the creative industry myself I have a strong aversion to people not paying for copies of music.
mad.gif

I will always buy when possible to support the composers, but original CDs are hard to get a hold of here so I have little alternative. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back