"The Lab"
Mar 16, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #17,012 of 20,136
  Hey, the k10 aren't round after all. Every pic I've seen made them look completely round, which just seemed… wrong.

@twister6 good idea turning that into a ring. Puts any Super Bowl ring to shame

I know what you mean, all the pics I have seen of K10UA made them look distorted in shape, so I was a bit anxious with a fitment when I got these at first.  But they are not bad at all.

Mar 16, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #17,013 of 20,136
Hi Alex

I was going to mention this before - but it might be useful for other Labsters too.  It's just a personal peeve, and I realise you wouldn't be aware as English is second language (yours is amazing by the way).

Fitment is a noun and actually refers to furniture or chattels.

In the context you've been using it, the correct term would be "the fit", or "the fitting".

Sorry - not trying to be over critical - its the sort of thing I notice every time a review is posted.  It's right up there (for me) with those who talk about higher pitched "tremble"
wink.gif

Mar 16, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #17,014 of 20,136
Hi Alex

I was going to mention this before - but it might be useful for other Labsters too.  It's just a personal peeve, and I realise you wouldn't be aware as English is second language (yours is amazing by the way).

In the context you've been using it, the correct term would be "the fit", or "the fitting".

Sorry - not trying to be over critical - its the sort of thing I notice every time a review is posted.  It's right up there (for me) with those who talk about higher pitched "tremble" :wink:   

Yes. I prefer more Base than Tremble ..

:smiling_imp::smiling_imp: TWIN

Mar 16, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #17,015 of 20,136

Hi Alex

Sorry - not trying to be over critical - its the sort of thing I notice every time a review is posted.  It's right up there (for me) with those who talk about higher pitched "tremble"
wink.gif

Yes. I prefer more Base than Tremble ..

As long as it isn't booze and trouble. 
wink.gif

Mar 16, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #17,016 of 20,136
:grinning: I can arrange that.

Mar 16, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #17,017 of 20,136
  Hi Alex

wink.gif

Oh, now you're telling me this after 116 reviews I posted on head-fi while making an arse out of myself?!?  I thought we were friend?
tongue.gif

Mar 16, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #17,019 of 20,136
I think my spellchecker got used to "fitment", and now it throws "a fit" if I write otherwise
biggrin.gif
  Didn't realize I had a dozen of "fitment" used in my review, just replaced everything with "fit".

beerchug.gif

Mar 16, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #17,020 of 20,136
Language is an evolving medium given importance only by those who utilize it meaningfully.  That is to say, we may be spearheading the use of "fitment" in an audiophile context that may eventually help to change the way we understand the "conventional" definition of the term.

Sorry couldn't help myself.  Never have I used the term though.

Mar 16, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #17,021 of 20,136
fitment is actually correct
The proper positioning and orientation of a thing for it to serve its designed purpose.
"Fitment of iem is important for isolation"
"Iem's fit is perfect"

Mar 16, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #17,022 of 20,136
  fitment is actually correct
The proper positioning and orientation of a thing for it to serve its designed purpose.
"Fitment of iem is important for isolation"
"Iem's fit is perfect"

No it's actually not

noun
1. equipment; furnishing.

2. fitments, fittings: the fitments of a ship.

And I'm not being a grammar junkie - I thought I'd just point it out because I see others using it now too - and it grates every time I see it.

In your examples above it would be:

"The fitting of the IEM is important for isolation" (as a verb) or "The fit of the IEM is important for isolation" (as a noun)

Mar 16, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #17,024 of 20,136

Oh, now you're telling me this after 116 reviews I posted on head-fi while making an arse out of myself?!?  I thought we were friend?
tongue.gif

redface.gif
 Sorry Alex.  I saw others using the term recently and thought I should probably say something.  And you'd never make an arse out of yourself mate.

I guess if enough people follow you, then it will evolve into real use.

I'll never really like it though 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back