The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Mar 26, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #5,566 of 8,352
My definition of burn in is very high volume drums and bass to really work the CNT driver material. I almost don't count my listening time which is at much more lower volumes (although I do factor it in a bit). Unfortunately, a lot of this is just opinion, so it's hard to really say what is valid.
I just use white and pink noise because I don't have 100 hours of drum and bass on my ipod

Mar 26, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #5,567 of 8,352
Quote:
I just use white and pink noise because I don't have 100 hours of drum and bass on my ipod

I've seen "white and pink noise" bandied about, but don't really know what it is. At any rate, I downloaded this drums and bass track (free) which is quite long and seems to hit pretty hard, and I just have it on repeat mode when burning in.

Mar 26, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #5,569 of 8,352
Quote:
White and pink noise are basically static

Thanks. Does it do as good of a job at beating on those CNT drivers as does good loud, hard, bass n drums do you think?

Mar 27, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #5,571 of 8,352
Quote:

Thanks. Does it do as good of a job at beating on those CNT drivers as does good loud, hard, bass n drums do you think?

I used to use pink and white noise, but drum n bass seems to speed up the process tremendously.

Mar 27, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #5,572 of 8,352
Quote:
I used to use pink and white noise, but drum n bass seems to speed up the process tremendously.

Only girls use pink and white noise.
tongue.gif

Mar 27, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #5,573 of 8,352
Quote:
Only girls use pink and white noise.
tongue.gif

LOL You are still trolling. 
size]

I also used pink and white noise but also a bunch of brown noise, frequency sweeps and heavy drums. Around 80-90 hours at high volume did the job. After that I have 700+ hours with the s500 most of that time using quite the high volume and no change, so I should say around 100 hours is what the headphones need and after that you should just enjoy them.

Mar 27, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #5,574 of 8,352
Quote:
size]

I also used pink and white noise but also a bunch of brown noise, frequency sweeps and heavy drums. Around 80-90 hours at high volume did the job. After that I have 700+ hours with the s500 most of that time using quite the high volume and no change, so I should say around 100 hours is what the headphones need and after that you should just enjoy them.

That's how it happened for me.
smile_phones.gif

Mar 27, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #5,575 of 8,352
Quote:
size]

I was created to troll, it's in my genes meng.
triportsad.gif

Yeah couple of days of beat down with heavy/ fast bass tracks should do, but the mo' the better due to the super stiff CNT materials that are used.

I don't use those girly noises so i wouldn't know.

Mar 27, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #5,576 of 8,352
Quote:
I was created to troll, it's in my genes meng.
triportsad.gif

Yeah couple of days of beat down with heavy/ fast bass tracks should do, but the mo' the better due to the super stiff CNT materials that are used.

I don't use those girly noises so i wouldn't know.

LOL girly noises. They actually can push the drivers to their limits. For the same time that your fast and heavy bass tracks give them a slight warm up, those girly noises make them run a marathon.

Mar 27, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #5,577 of 8,352
Quote:
LOL girly noises. They actually can push the drivers to their limits. For the same time that your fast and heavy bass tracks give them a slight warm up, those girly noises make them run a marathon.

haha good to know, i don't want to break them now, so i'll just stick to my manly beats.
wink_face.gif
Killin' em' softly with those warm up sessions.
biggrin.gif

Mar 27, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #5,578 of 8,352
Quote:
haha good to know, i don't want to break them now, so i'll just stick to my manly beats.
wink_face.gif
Killin' em' softly with those warm up sessions.
biggrin.gif

Well, I'm more careful with them when burning-in iems. The S500's drivers seem to be able to take anything at any volume. Actually, when I had some friends over few weeks ago I used the s500 as speakers as I was too wasted to change the cables and plug in the speakers. Quite a clean and crisp sound for speakers though.

Mar 27, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #5,579 of 8,352
Quote:
Well, I'm more careful with them when burning-in iems. The S500's drivers seem to be able to take anything at any volume. Actually, when I had some friends over few weeks ago I used the s500 as speakers as I was too wasted to change the cables and plug in the speakers. Quite a clean and crisp sound for speakers though.

^

You're one crazy dood meng.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back