The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Mar 27, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #5,581 of 8,352
Quote:
Well, I'm more careful with them when burning-in iems. The S500's drivers seem to be able to take anything at any volume. Actually, when I had some friends over few weeks ago I used the s500 as speakers as I was too wasted to change the cables and plug in the speakers. Quite a clean and crisp sound for speakers though.

I've used my S500s as portable speakers too! xD

Mar 27, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #5,582 of 8,352
Just got a pair of these.  Took 5 days from Japan EMS, extremely quick shipping time!  They sound great but the stock pads sucked, so I began looking for options.  Steelseries just released a new pair of on-ears called the flux with 40mm drivers and some cool looking pads, the wheels started turning and I ordered a couple.  I will report that the cloth ones and the premium leather ones fit fine.  

Both pads drastically increase comfort, with the cloth ones offering a bit reduced bass response.  The premium leather ones are a nice step up in quality/comfort without sacrificing too much bass.  I still believe the stock pad provide the best bass output.  Just a heads up to all out there who were looking to play around with ANOTHER set of pads.  

http://shop.steelseries.com/us/audio/flux-accessories/steelseries-flux-ear-cushions.html

Mar 27, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #5,583 of 8,352
Quote:
I used to use pink and white noise, but drum n bass seems to speed up the process tremendously.

I'm no engineer but if there is anything to this burn in stuff, it seems like what you'd want is that driver extension that you get from drum and bass. (For what it's worth, if you're my age some driving disco or new wave ought to do the trick as well. :wink:)

Mar 27, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #5,584 of 8,352
Just got a pair of these.  Took 5 days from Japan EMS, extremely quick shipping time!  They sound great but the stock pads sucked, so I began looking for options.  Steelseries just released a new pair of on-ears called the flux with 40mm drivers and some cool looking pads, the wheels started turning and I ordered a couple.  I will report that the cloth ones and the premium leather ones fit fine.  

Both pads drastically increase comfort, with the cloth ones offering a bit reduced bass response.  The premium leather ones are a nice step up in quality/comfort without sacrificing too much bass.  I still believe the stock pad provide the best bass output.  Just a heads up to all out there who were looking to play around with ANOTHER set of pads.  

http://shop.steelseries.com/us/audio/flux-accessories/steelseries-flux-ear-cushions.html
I might get the green ones for my blacks :)

Mar 27, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #5,592 of 8,352
Quote:
i have a thread about it but sub 60. the E07K looks great but out of range :frowning2:

Well, then I can only suggest the E11. I saw your thread and as far as a DAC goes you can get the ELE or save up and get something better like the Hifimediy. You obviously can't afford a DAC for your ipod but using an amp and the cleaner line-out signal will improve it. 

Mar 27, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #5,595 of 8,352
Colorfly C3 > S.M.S.L. W3 Silver Cable > FiiO E11 > JVC HA-S500-Z

Some fine JA Pan & Chi-nee Lovins! 
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back