The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Mar 21, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #5,341 of 8,352
Quote:
nooo, i feel my ears are burninggg

devil_face.gif

LOL And I've had a bad headache for the past 2 days. Damn, at least we'll get a fat check from the class action lawsuit against jvc and buy all of the high-end gear we wanted before we die. Now seriously - if CNT is as harmful as asbestos when inhaled from where will you get that CNT quantity to inhale. First, the CNT in the s500 should somehow become airborne, which I don't see how could happen. Second, you have to be exposed for a really long time to high concentration of it. 

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #5,343 of 8,352
Quote:

I'm not adverse to dangers. For instance, I'm an avid motorcyclist. But if I can listen to my ESW9s or HD598s, why would I even take an insignificant risk like this one? H#ll, we've outlawed 2nd smoke in public where I live. /shrug

Because it's not a risk - it's common sense not to burn your s500 and inhale the fumes. Your motorcycle is filled with fuel - do you open the gas tank and inhale the fumes - you don't. It's like with the old thermometers filled with mercury - you don't break it and put the mercury in your mouth. You don't open your pen and drink the ink. As I said there are "dangers" all around us and a pair of CNT drivers that actually have really low amount of CNT in them and can't get airborne will do nothing to you.

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #5,344 of 8,352
For anyone who is worry about this, give me your CNT gears and save yourself from the dangers of carbon nanotubes. 

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #5,345 of 8,352
Quote:
For anyone who is worry about this, give me your CNT gears and save yourself from the dangers of carbon nanotubes. 

Yeah, let's help out and protect the head-fi community from health hazards. We should make a separate thread and people should send us their s400 and s500 headphones. Also, the fx40, fxd60, fxd70, fxd80 and any microphone versions. Most of all the users of fxz100 and fxz200 should send them as fast as they can to us to "contain" them because the danger when the CNT drivers are more in number increases greatly.

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #5,346 of 8,352
Quote:
Yeah, let's help out and protect the head-fi community from health hazards. We should make a separate thread and people should send us their s400 and s500 headphones. Also, the fx40, fxd60, fxd70, fxd80 and any microphone versions. Most of all the users of fxz100 and fxz200 should send them as fast as they can to us to "contain" them because the danger when the CNT drivers are more in number increases greatly.

Okay, but I got dibs on the S500. I'm not really a fan of IEM.

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #5,349 of 8,352
Quote:
Okay, but I got dibs on the S500. I'm not really a fan of IEM.

No worries. I'm a fan of iems, so you'll take the s400 and s500s and I'll take the iems. Also, I forgot but people should be sending their new ath ckn70s also coz they are also hazardous. No one should take any risk. PM RoMee and me for shipping details. 
You just don't won't those CNT drivers shooting deadly particles straight to your brain.

edit: I guess RoMee and sfwalcer will be dealing with the s500 together as they have the biggest CNT drivers and pose the most threat to the users and one man alone can't handle all that CNT

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #5,350 of 8,352
Quote:
No worries. I'm a fan of iems, so you'll take the s400 and s500s and I'll take the iems. Also, I forgot but people should be sending their new ath ckn70s also coz they are also hazardous. No one should take any risk. PM RoMee and me for shipping details. 
You just don't won't those CNT drivers shooting deadly particles straight to your brain.

edit: I guess RoMee and sfwalcer will be dealing with the s500 together as they have the biggest CNT drivers and pose the most threat to the users and one man alone can't handle all that CNT

^ Well played!!! LMAO, it's true it's all true and you know so cuz this man is a lawyer. They NEVER LIE!!!
wink_face.gif

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #5,351 of 8,352
Quote:
^ Well played!!! LMAO, it's true it's all true and you know so cuz this man is a lawyer. They NEVER LIE!!!
wink_face.gif

LOL Dibs on dealing with the class action suit when the time comes. Anyway, I guess that deadly threat answers the question why there are still no JVC headphones with 50mm drivers - they just can't figure out how to make a pair that doesn't kill you almost instantly. Although during those last seconds of life you experience the greatest sound in your life. You might even say that it's worth it.

Mar 21, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #5,352 of 8,352
Quote:
LOL Dibs on dealing with the class action suit when the time comes. Anyway, I guess that deadly threat answers the question why there are still no JVC headphones with 50mm drivers - they just can't figure out how to make a pair that doesn't kill you almost instantly. Although during those last seconds of life you experience the greatest sound in your life. You might even say that it's worth it.

Man you getting too greedy here, 1st dibs on a potential Multi-Million$$$$$$$ law suit and getting those CNT iems, you lawyers are never satisfied!!!  Hey sign me up for that 50mm CNT driver test dummy, it's worth it, you only live once meng. I want to reach audio Valhalla NOW!!! Life is not worth living without 50mm CNTs.
L3000.gif
   d*x*b

Mar 21, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #5,353 of 8,352
Quote:
Man you getting too greedy here, 1st dibs on a potential Multi-Million$$$$$$$ law suit and getting those CNT iems, you lawyers are never satisfied!!!  Hey sign me up for that 50mm CNT driver test dummy, it's worth it, you only live once meng. I want to reach audio Valhalla NOW!!! Life is not worth living without 50mm CNTs.
L3000.gif
   d*x*b

Oh, you're misjudging me. I'll be taking the iems to protect the other users from any hazards, so I'll be risking my own life with all the CNT around me. As far as the lawsuit aside from my cut from the awarded amount as a victim myself I'll just take a small percentage of your cuts - let's say 10% 
size]

Mar 21, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #5,354 of 8,352
Quote:
Oh, you're misjudging me. I'll be taking the iems to protect the other users from any hazards, so I'll be risking my own life with all the CNT around me. As far as the lawsuit aside from my cut from the awarded amount as a victim myself I'll just take a small percentage of your cuts - let's say 10% 
size]

Lovin' the lawyer talk, bravo BRAVO!!!
bigsmile_face.gif
  You earned it man, for taking the CNT bullet for the community like that. What a brave and selfless soul.
beerchug.gif

Mar 21, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #5,355 of 8,352
Quote:
Lovin' the lawyer talk, bravo BRAVO!!!
bigsmile_face.gif
  You earned it man, for taking the CNT bullet for the community like that. What a brave and selfless soul.
beerchug.gif

Good decision on your part. If you didn't agree I would have joined the JVC's side and this thread would serve as evidence that not only you were aware of the potential hazards to your health and still knowingly exposed yourself to all that CNT but you also stated that you'd willing expose yourself to even greater amount of CNT even if it causes your death. You wouldn't stand a chance in that courtroom. After that I'll be listening to my platinum diamond-encrusted Sennheiser Orpheus with a smile on my face. Yeah, I would do that because as a lawyer I'm a man of questionable morals and unquestionable good taste for music LOL. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back