The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Nov 20, 2012 at 7:18 AM Post #3,181 of 8,352
Quote:
How would these compare to the Sony MDR-V55s?

I find these S500s hard to be called DJ headphones since the cable is 2 sided.

However, I get the feeling that these JVCs would be great with EDM music genres.
biggrin.gif

They are. 
L3000.gif

Nov 20, 2012 at 7:20 AM Post #3,182 of 8,352
Quote:
Just received my s500's and after a quick listen they sound significantly better than the m50's. The bass has more authority and vocals are much more loud and clear. The m50 was to mid-recessed for my taste.
Super excited about these headphones. The best thing is they are very loud. Like I only have my volume at 80 percent on my iphone 5. Where any other headphones had to be maxed out volume. 

have to agree
L3000.gif

Nov 20, 2012 at 7:47 AM Post #3,183 of 8,352
They are. :L3000:

Great! :D

Since I listen and DJ mostly Trance music. :)

I'm also thinking of getting the Gunmetal grey ones and pimping them out with some blue HD25 pads. :p

Nov 20, 2012 at 8:07 AM Post #3,184 of 8,352
Quote:
Great!
biggrin.gif

Since I listen and DJ mostly Trance music.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm also thinking of getting the Gunmetal grey ones and pimping them out with some blue HD25 pads.
tongue.gif

yea, they shine with electronic and trance music.
Still in love with this babys after so many months,  just like the first day.

Nov 20, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #3,185 of 8,352
yea, they shine with electronic and trance music.
Still in love with this babys after so many months,  just like the first day.

Awesome news!!

I guess I will get some as soon as my Colorfly C3 is sold. :D

My plan is to use the S500 on the go, and MDR-V55 at home with my DJ rig as they are a slightly heavier headphone.

Btw, could anyone PM me the instructions to fit these pads onto the S500s. Is it easy? Do I need glue or some sort of tool?
http://spares.sennheiser.co.uk/pro-audio-headphones/hd-25-originals-adidas/hd25-adidas-blue-circular-earpad-pair.html

Nov 20, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #3,186 of 8,352
once you get them (pads and S500) you will see its very easy to do, just pull out the pads from the side and they get off, easy.

Nov 20, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #3,189 of 8,352
Quote:
What r u waiting for? If you've been reading this thread then how else can it be said? How's about These HPs are like Picards Enterprise vs insert "Kirks Enterprise" here. haha jk. But seriously I really don't think you'll find anything close that's as portable, easily driven, light, foldable, reversible for dj'ng, clean styled, and just so musically revealing. These really are just so technologically advanced its so apparent in how they sound. These will shine even more with better recordings and mastering. You can probably still enjoy the Cals but why waste time and money? Just my take. My 500s made me forget about the Tiesto's that'r comin out.

I am impatiently waiting for the price with shipping to drop below a 60$ total at this point in time I think!

Nov 20, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #3,191 of 8,352
Quote:
I am impatiently waiting for the price with shipping to drop below a 60$ total at this point in time I think!

LoL good luck with that, I am waiting for an amazon seller to make a price mistake again but I don't think it's gonna ever happen. Those ebay seller wants make a killing with the shipping fees that's how they roll.

Nov 21, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #3,192 of 8,352
Quote:

LOL well they are totally worth the price of admission. even at $100. I think Cals at one time were about $70? yeah they may have more staging but it can't match the total balance the JVC roll from the sparkly non fatiguing highs all the way down to the sub bass. That's another point I've noticed about these is how loud and for how long I can listen to these gems. don't know if that's a good thing

Nov 21, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #3,193 of 8,352
Quote:
LOL well they are totally worth the price of admission. even at $100. I think Cals at one time were about $70? yeah they may have more staging but it can't match the total balance the JVC roll from the sparkly non fatiguing highs all the way down to the sub bass. That's another point I've noticed about these is how loud and for how long I can listen to these gems. don't know if that's a good thing

I agree with the non-fatiguing highs, but I doubt they are sparkly.

Come to think of it, quite a few people mentioned that the highs are sparkly. What are you guys comparing the S500 to? My Goldring DR150 has a lot more sparkling highs, but in return has less lower bass response.

These are good sounding cans nonetheless. Perfect for the times when I want to go to class or get on the bus for transportation.

Nov 21, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #3,194 of 8,352
My M50s and D2000s have more treble sparkle and extension than the S500s but the S500 treble presence is realistic and natural to my ear, In fact the monitor like accuracy combined with the home theatre sub woofer bass make these a far more enjoyable experience than the M50 and the D2000. the vast spaciousness of the D2000 is cool for certain presentations. The S500 really does offer a really good dollar/pure sheer enjoyment factor that I think is probably one of the best EVER!

edit: Aside from physical comfort issues how long can you listen to your HPs without fatigue. I could go all day and night just about if it weren't for the physical comfort issues that develop after 4-6 hours of continual.

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #3,195 of 8,352
once you get them (pads and S500) you will see its very easy to do, just pull out the pads from the side and they get off, easy.

Ok, thanks!

Really want to joing the JVC adidas blue club here. :D

Might order the pads already, even though I haven't even bought the S500s. :p

Btw, is buyfromjapan a good seller to get them from?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Victor-JVC-HA-S500-Z-Gun-Metallic-Carbon-Nanotube-Stereo-Headphones-/130804298213?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item1e748b31e5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back