The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Aug 26, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #14,791 of 18,652
  No I haven't tried the .3.2beta based on your experience it should be kind of neutral but bright, too bright? 

Yes,it's too bright.
  Regarding the 312 Mhz being more "flat" - you mean less dynamic as a weakness, or you mean more flat frequency response as a strong side?

Seems like it's a weakness in 1.3.5(some sound expression is lost).  I'm not sure. I prefer 312Mhz :)

Quote:
Was there any cwm version released to work with rockbox ?

Nope.

Quote:
Also if it works with flac only , what happens to the other formats on the interface, it doesn't show them ? Or it shows them but gives an error when playing ?

It doesn't show them if you use a directory browser(but it shows them in a library, as mentioned before).

The iBasso site is down again. Would anyone please be able to link the original 1.5.0 firmware from elsewhere.

original 1.5.0 firmware mirror -  https://yadi.sk/d/-RwczIK8aRSjt

Aug 26, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #14,794 of 18,652
I just want to compare 1.5.0 with 1.3.3 a bit closer. I deleted the original firmware and when I tried to get it back from iBasso website it's down at the moment.

That link he posted contains the same files as the iBasso website for DX50 1.5.0.

Aug 26, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #14,795 of 18,652
Hey!

What's up with the 64bit drivers? Do they even struggle with it anymore? I believe the DX90 still needs it as well.
It's been ages since they released the 32bit driver...

64bit beta driver doesn't work for me, with driver enforcement it installs correctly, but then it doesn't recognize my DX50 when USB-DAC option is chosen. After reboot, every USB port tested.

Aug 26, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #14,796 of 18,652
I had same problem under W7x64 and got it working somehow with WASAPI but troubles with ASIO. Drivers are the BIGGEST problem regading to DX50 firmware. If they would fix and make a proper USB-DAC drivers, then I would probably sell my upgraded Aune T1. But... I can`t see it coming.

Aug 26, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #14,797 of 18,652
  Yes,it's too bright.
Seems like it's a weakness in 1.3.5(some sound expression is lost).  I'm not sure. I prefer 312Mhz :)
Nope.

Quote:
Also if it works with flac only , what happens to the other formats on the interface, it doesn't show them ? Or it shows them but gives an error when playing ?

It doesn't show them if you use a directory browser(but it shows them in a library, as mentioned before).

original 1.5.0 firmware mirror -  https://yadi.sk/d/-RwczIK8aRSjt

Thanks for sharing a link to the mirror site. I really don't know which I prefer now. Both are very good.

Aug 27, 2014 at 3:42 AM Post #14,799 of 18,652
Hi all, i´ve got the 1.5 firmware installed but without any changes of the custom configuration.
I´ve got the issue that the ibasso sometime stucks while playing an song or switching to the next song. It is only repairable with rebooting it via holding the power-button for a time.
Is this issues known with this firmware (1.5) or is there an workaround avoiding it?

my setup is an 64gb-card filled up to 80% with .flac files (flac only).

Thanks a lot :)

Aug 27, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #14,800 of 18,652
What mSD card are You exactly using and what file format is it formatted?

Aug 27, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #14,802 of 18,652
Maybe try to format it FAT32 or exFAT and see if problem stays. I`m using ADATA Premier mSDXC UHS-I CL10 @ factory formatted exFAT and absolutely no issues so far. And my card is almost full. Could be also issue of "cheap" card not up to speeds it claims. And did You do scan SD card + scan library after adding music?

Aug 27, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #14,803 of 18,652
Hi all, i´ve got the 1.5 firmware installed but without any changes of the custom configuration.
I´ve got the issue that the ibasso sometime stucks while playing an song or switching to the next song. It is only repairable with rebooting it via holding the power-button for a time.
Is this issues known with this firmware (1.5) or is there an workaround avoiding it?

my setup is an 64gb-card filled up to 80% with .flac files (flac only).

Thanks a lot :)
Try different card, i had same problems with sandisk cards... buy samsung sd card, works with my ibasso.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back