The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jun 26, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #13,816 of 18,652
  It doesn't work with my FW v1.1 too, because v1.1 is based on 1.5.0 kernel.

Doc, I'm a bit confused… I thought (based on the Russian forum quoted before, see here #12042) that v 1.1 was based on the DX90 2.0.5 ? -  at least I interpreted "все прошивки на базе v2.0.5 для DX90" to mean that, but my russian, unfortunately really isn't that good, so forgive me if I'm wrong… I thought that your v 2.0 was the one based on DX50 1.5.0?

Jun 27, 2014 at 4:30 AM Post #13,817 of 18,652
New firmware; very interesting, but there's so many? 

Can someone please be oh so kind to recommend me one, whether it be 1.50 or one of the custom ones?
Yes, I've read all pages up to now, but there's just so many firmwares that I'm not sure which to install and not have to install all of them to find out. 

Jun 27, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #13,818 of 18,652

Can someone please be oh so kind to recommend me one, whether it be 1.50 or one of the custom ones?
Yes, I've read all pages up to now, but there's just so many firmwares that I'm not sure which to install and not have to install all of them to find out. 

you can try it one by one mate..some of us hates 1.5 some loves it..really depends on sound taste

Jun 27, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #13,819 of 18,652
you can try it one by one mate..some of us hates 1.5 some loves it..really depends on sound taste

Aww man, I'll have to do this when I have plenty of spare time:frowning2: 

As of now, which do you prefer? 

Jun 27, 2014 at 4:50 AM Post #13,820 of 18,652

The following are the best of the crop (3 in total):

Go for the factory 1.5.first IMO it really sounds great. I went from Mega Sound Explosion to this and I am sticking with it.

If you use Headphones/IEMS that are maybe warm/slightly slower in signature/ have any low frequency hump then I would definitely suggest:

Doc2008 mega sound explosion (based on SX-90FW): (links below)

DOWNLOAD MEGA

DOWNLOAD WITH YANDEX

DOWNLOAD THE VERSION WITH THE CWM

also, this has just come in by Doc 2008 (but only try it if either of the above do not suit your needs)

DX50 MEGA SOUND EXPLOSION SECOND EDITION by DOC2008

-port based DX90 standard v2.0.5
-supports USB DAC
-Fixed: Russians tags
-removed sound library and configure the Android
-supports all audio formats
-best sound detail of all my firmware
-the tone is rather pale compared to the first version of the MEGA (may not be suitable for bright headphones)
Bass is excellent in terms of quantity and quality-a clear and articulated
-IMHO: one of my best firmware

DOWNLOAD

Jun 27, 2014 at 4:53 AM Post #13,821 of 18,652

Go for the factory 1.5.first IMO it really sounds great. I went from Mega Sound Explosion to this and I am sticking with it.

If you use Headphones/IEMS that are maybe warm/slightly slower in signature/ have any low frequency hump then I would definitely suggest:

Doc2008smega sound explosion: (links below)

DOWNLOAD MEGA

DOWNLOAD WITH YANDEX

DOWNLOAD THE VERSION WITH THE CWM

Have fun.

Thanks, mate. Will experiment them slowly:) 

Btw, sorry for not paying close attention earlier in the thread, but what's the Yandex and CWM versions?

Jun 27, 2014 at 5:05 AM Post #13,822 of 18,652
types of recovery for DX50..yandex ithink is the stock recovery and CWM(clock work mod) is the custom..CWM is mainly used for android devices..it can't flash or install .IMG files..it only works with .ZIP files

oh BTW.. i prefer the mega sound explosion..dx90 FW ported to dx50..love the brightness and separation of it..

Jun 27, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #13,823 of 18,652
Yandex is just an alternate download location!

you don't really need CWM version.

CWM (ClockworkMod_Recovery)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/ClockworkMod_Recovery

For flashing firmwares it's good to use the Ibasso RKbatchtool_for_DX50 (just follow instructions on the PDF) :

http://www.ibasso.com/download/RKbatchtool_for_DX50.zip

IMPORTANT: After unzipping the tool In the file çonfig.ini file just make sure it is set to ENglish language in the top few lines (as below-just edit it and re save)

[Language]
Kinds=2
Selected=2
LangPath=Language\

Jun 27, 2014 at 5:11 AM Post #13,824 of 18,652
  Doc, I'm a bit confused… I thought (based on the Russian forum quoted before, see here #12042) that v 1.1 was based on the DX90 2.0.5 ? -  at least I interpreted "все прошивки на базе v2.0.5 для DX90" to mean that, but my russian, unfortunately really isn't that good, so forgive me if I'm wrong… I thought that your v 2.0 was the one based on DX50 1.5.0?

You're right, my FW v.1.1 is based on the DX90 2.0.5, but I replaced old kernel 1.2.8 (boot.img) with kernel 1.5.0 for activation USB DAC support. Current Rockbox version doesn't work with new 1.5.0 kernel.

Jun 27, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #13,825 of 18,652

For flashing firmwares it's good to use the Ibasso RKbatchtool_for_DX50 (just follow instructions on the PDF) :

IMPORTANT: After unzipping the tool In the file çonfig.ini file just make sure it is set to ENglish language in the top few lines (as below-just edit it and re save)

[Language]

Kinds=2

Selected=2

LangPath=Language\

well that explains what yandex is lol..no name for the stock recovery then..

Jun 27, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #13,826 of 18,652
types of recovery for DX50..yandex ithink is the stock recovery and CWM(clock work mod) is the custom..CWM is mainly used for android devices..it can't flash or install .IMG files..it only works with .ZIP files

oh BTW.. i prefer the mega sound explosion(yandex)..dx90 FW ported to dx50..love the brightness and separation of it..

[Language]
Kinds=2
Selected=2
LangPath=Language\

Alrighty, thanks heaps, guys:) 
beerchug.gif

Will skip the stock 1.50 for now, and give mega a go. Shall try 1.50 stock tomorrow. 

Jun 27, 2014 at 6:12 AM Post #13,828 of 18,652
One more thing...Will the Mega sound explosion firmwares improve the LO as well? Or is it one of those HO type of firmwares?

it does

Users who are viewing this thread

Back