The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Mar 2, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #11,806 of 18,652
The freezing and volume. Spikes have happened to me on all software versions. If they use the sames firmware on the DX-90, I would never pay 400.00
For a DAP this buggy! These things are made for portable use and this is the area that has the most issues. I have been thinking about switching to the X5.

Mar 2, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #11,807 of 18,652
Thanks.. using the headphone out.. or line out when connecting to an external amp
?

Always connect the external amp to the Line Out of DX50. You are double amping if you connect it to the headphone out. Just max out the volume in DX50

Turning the volume all the way up while connected to LO may cause clipping, 250 seems to work better.

Mar 2, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #11,808 of 18,652
I have V1.1.5 on my DX50 still (second batch) and am thinking is it worth it to upgrade to 1.2.8? Have deliberately stayed away from all the Version hype that I got sucked into with my DX100. The fact is it worked for what I wanted and so I just stayed with it :)

Anybody who has been on the whole journey of the DX50 care to chime in as to whether I should upgrade the software or whether I shouldn't 

Mine is v1.2.8 , haven't heard other FW version , but the latest FW sounded good to me , just hope that next FW update can improve on UI , especially to change the wall paper .
I think you could always try to flash it to latest version to try for yourself after you have listen to current version long enough . If you don't like it , just flash it back . I understand it is very simple step to do that .
Now , Fiio X5 is out , read couple of review all confirming that X5 is way better than DX50 in terms of sound quality and amplifier portion . I am so tempted to get one on my hand .
China is selling it at rmb 2098 exclude international shipping . Seems to be a very good price .
Cheers

Mar 2, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #11,810 of 18,652
Turning the volume all the way up while connected to LO may cause clipping, 250 seems to work better.

Why? Not if your amp can properly match the voltage gain required by the headphone in use.

Maybe I should have finished my sentence, no clipping with the RSA shadow and pico slim at 250. 255 causes clipping.

Mar 2, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #11,814 of 18,652
Maybe I should have finished my sentence, no clipping with the RSA shadow and pico slim at 250. 255 causes clipping.

How do you perceive clipping in the shadow and slim? are they both in the high gain? Or you hear clipping at low gain?

I don't perceive it... I see it on my oscilloscope. :)
By gain do you mean volume?
The shadow and slim don't have gain control.

Mar 2, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #11,816 of 18,652
I want to ask why i cannot play the flac file ? It didnt showed in the all music section, instead on the folder directory which i put the songs.

I tried to play it but it said media scanning. Is there any solution to this? I just bought this DAP and the sound was great ! Sorry if it was a repost question

Mar 2, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #11,817 of 18,652
I don't perceive it... I see it on my oscilloscope.
smily_headphones1.gif

By gain do you mean volume?
The shadow and slim don't have gain control.

Are you saying you see the clipping in the LO @ 255 or after the amp? If it is only after the amp, obviously the problem is with the amp and has noting to do with the LO volume directly. Some amp just ain't capable of accepting a high voltage,

Mar 2, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #11,819 of 18,652
Are you saying you see the clipping in the LO @ 255 or after the amp? If it is only after the amp, obviously the problem is with the amp and has noting to do with the LO volume directly. Some amp just ain't capable of accepting a high voltage,

After the amp of course... Never said there was a problem.
Simply stated the ideal LO gain when connected to the RSA shadow and pico slim.
I wouldn't call it a problem at all.

Mar 2, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #11,820 of 18,652
  I have V1.1.5 on my DX50 still (second batch) and am thinking is it worth it to upgrade to 1.2.8? Have deliberately stayed away from all the Version hype that I got sucked into with my DX100. The fact is it worked for what I wanted and so I just stayed with it :)

Anybody who has been on the whole journey of the DX50 care to chime in as to whether I should upgrade the software or whether I shouldn't 

Just do it. I went through all firmware changes since 1.1.0 (or it might have had 1.0.0, can't remember right now), and right now, 1.2.8 is the more stable and usable so far (SQ is another subject... and i won't refer to it). All you need to do is follow the instructions that come with the firmware step by step, and it should work flawlessly. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back