The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Mar 1, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #11,795 of 18,652
I've had the same sort of issue with it locking up regardless of the hard resets/firmware (re)flashes. Most of the time, for me, the volume would skyrocket without the player volume showing any change just before freezing and requiring a battery pull. It seems to be affected by static electricity as it only really happens when I'm active and the player is in my pant or jacket pocket. It plays normally if I leave it sitting still.

Mar 2, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #11,796 of 18,652
I had s similar problem that I think is static-related.
The player screen goes black when I press the power to wake it up. The backlight is on, just no screen.
The only way to make it work again is force poweroff (button or battery pull).
The front hardware button and touch control(!) still works while screen blacked.

Cuz I've already broke the fragile sticker inside, I just dismantle / re-assemble it. Things go back to normal after that.

The grounding pin on my unit seems to be too short to contact the battery cover.
I hope iBasso is aware of this and fix it in DX90.
Also improved jack is welcomed... It's kinda loose now (3rd batch) and sometimes make a bad contact.

Mar 2, 2014 at 1:33 AM Post #11,798 of 18,652
So whats the sweet spot for the volume when using the LO? 

I've seen posts to max out the volume on the DX50.. then adjust accordingly on the amp (using a JDS Labs C5). Should I try to use the HO instead?

When amped, 250/255 is my sweet spot for the HO.

Mar 2, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #11,799 of 18,652
I had s similar problem that I think is static-related.
The player screen goes black when I press the power to wake it up. The backlight is on, just no screen.
The only way to make it work again is force poweroff (button or battery pull).
The front hardware button and touch control(!) still works while screen blacked.

Cuz I've already broke the fragile sticker inside, I just dismantle / re-assemble it. Things go back to normal after that.

The grounding pin on my unit seems to be too short to contact the battery cover.
I hope iBasso is aware of this and fix it in DX90.
Also improved jack is welcomed... It's kinda loose now (3rd batch) and sometimes make a bad contact.

what's the grounding pin for? mine seems too short to come into contact with the battey lid too.

Mar 2, 2014 at 1:55 AM Post #11,800 of 18,652
In theory, the grounding pin should contact with the back cover so the cover becomes part of the circuit ground.
This (should) make the device more RF / static-proof.
But if you open the case, you'll see that the pin feet is NOT directly under the hole for the pin.

Mar 2, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #11,801 of 18,652
In theory, the grounding pin should contact with the back cover so the cover becomes part of the circuit ground.
This (should) make the device more RF / static-proof.
But if you open the case, you'll see that the pin feet is NOT directly under the hole for the pin.

thanks for your explanation! I realized that mine isn't connected to the cover too. maybe the reason why I'm experiencing interference from my phone.

Mar 2, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #11,804 of 18,652
  Thanks.. using the headphone out.. or line out when connecting to an external amp
?

LO* (Line-Out). My typo, sorry. I didn't mean HO, I meant LO. 

Mar 2, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #11,805 of 18,652
I have V1.1.5 on my DX50 still (second batch) and am thinking is it worth it to upgrade to 1.2.8? Have deliberately stayed away from all the Version hype that I got sucked into with my DX100. The fact is it worked for what I wanted and so I just stayed with it :)

Anybody who has been on the whole journey of the DX50 care to chime in as to whether I should upgrade the software or whether I shouldn't 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back