The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jan 12, 2014 at 1:58 AM Post #10,097 of 18,652
Welcome to the happy DX50 owner's club! And welcome to Head-Fi, too. Great folks here.

As for shuffling tracks by an artist, go into artist view, click the icon next to the artist, and hit play. Should be able to do the same with genre. Make sure your play mode is shuffle obviously.

No site available, unfortunately, but they seem to be reading this thread. Their e-mail is service@ibasso.com

Strangely when I do this the DX50 doesn't shuffle by artist but instead plays no music and reverts back to the main 'my music' menu.

Jan 12, 2014 at 4:19 AM Post #10,098 of 18,652
Strangely when I do this the DX50 doesn't shuffle by artist but instead plays no music and reverts back to the main 'my music' menu.

Don't you get the small menu when you click on the Artist's icon? Select "Play" from that menu and the DX50 should now be playing all tracks by that particular artist. Then set your play mode to random, and you're in business.

Jan 12, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #10,099 of 18,652

Welcome to the happy DX50 owner's club! And welcome to Head-Fi, too. Great folks here.

As for shuffling tracks by an artist, go into artist view, click the icon next to the artist, and hit play. Should be able to do the same with genre. Make sure your play mode is shuffle obviously.

No site available, unfortunately, but they seem to be reading this thread. Their e-mail is service@ibasso.com

Thanks a lot. Works like a charm:D

Jan 12, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #10,100 of 18,652
Don't you get the small menu when you click on the Artist's icon? Select "Play" from that menu and the DX50 should now be playing all tracks by that particular artist. Then set your play mode to random, and you're in business.

Hi Sorensiim, yes I get the menu 'Play, add to playlist, delete'.... But when I hit Play it returns to my list of artists.
Very peculiar,I guess I should factory reset and try again.

I'm popping out to my drumming lesson now so will take a look later and maybe post some pics or a video of the issue.

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:25 AM Post #10,101 of 18,652
Thanks & thanks to all for your comments & suggestions.

It is what it is.

It is now in the hands of Paypal to sort it out.

I know I started this particular topic on this thread but I suggest we get back to the musicality & the idiosyncrasy of the Dx50 that we enjoy

To close this item off :

Paypal have made their decision and it is in my favour.

The seller will be having the E11 back as an active amp in his "headphone amp inventory" -:)

Enough said.

I will be $100 out of pocket, but it could have been worse.

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:31 AM Post #10,102 of 18,652
To close this item off :

The seller will be having the E11 back as an active amp in his "headphone amp inventory" -:)

Enough said.

I'd smash the E11. A prank such as that does not deserve a nice favour of a return.

Good on you for your good spirit. :)
I wish I was patient and as calm like you, haha. :')

Jan 12, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #10,103 of 18,652
To close this item off :

The seller will be having the E11 back as an active amp in his "headphone amp inventory" -
smily_headphones1.gif

Enough said.

100 out of pocket???? ******...
put the e11 directly in the mains for fun!

Jan 12, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #10,105 of 18,652
how so? if paypal found in your favour don't you get it all back?

$55 of inwards custom duties that I had to pay and I assume I will have to pay the shipping charges of circa $45 to send it back. If I don't have to pay the return shipping costs then it will be a pleasant surprise.

Jan 12, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #10,106 of 18,652
$55 of inwards custom duties that I had to pay and I assume I will have to pay the shipping charges of circa $45 to send it back. If I don't have to pay the return shipping costs then it will be a pleasant surprise.

Go to hmrc with proof of the resolution and get them back!

Jan 12, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #10,107 of 18,652
Hi Sorensiim, yes I get the menu 'Play, add to playlist, delete'.... But when I hit Play it returns to my list of artists.
Very peculiar,I guess I should factory reset and try again.

I'm popping out to my drumming lesson now so will take a look later and maybe post some pics or a video of the issue.

I've tried to capture the issue as it happens on this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGWIg7ReKIY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

To summarise, I select my music, artist, select the icon next to the artist I want and then hit play. At this time to DX reverts back to my artist list and doesn't play the artist selected.

Jan 12, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #10,108 of 18,652
Jan 12, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #10,109 of 18,652
Anyone have any suggestions to make the touch screen easier to use? It's driving me #$*% nuts, when I try to scroll I end up opening a menu item or folder that I don't want. I thought the pos blood gas anayzer at work, (windows mobile os) had the worst touchscreen interface ever. I think the DX50 might take that title. I was thinking of using a small stylus, might be better than my monkey fingers. Any other ideas?

Cheers,
Shawn

Jan 12, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #10,110 of 18,652
While I suspect it would be difficult for you, a gentler touch will resolve the issue.

If anything, I have the opposite issue with touchscreens/pads as I naturally use very little pressure.  If adjustable, I turn the sensitivity as high as possible.

I have no problems with unwanted screen response on the DX50, and occassionally need to select a choice a second time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back