The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jan 11, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #10,066 of 18,652
No, haven't seen that happen before here. Be sure to report him and leave negative feedback. File a claim with PayPal as well!

Thanks. Done all that.

If I try and see the funny side of it , is why didn't he send me a brick or a bag of sand rather than a different Amp, although it probably doesn't work.

As an aside, the Fiio E11 is tiny & to me looks a bit cheap, certainly compared to the size and rock solid construction of the Leckerton 6S Mk ii

Maybe there is a message to me in their somewhere ie you love the sound of your Leckerton - you don't need to try anything else -:), but I did want to roll those amps....

Jan 11, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #10,068 of 18,652
just got my westone es5s and noticed a very high hiss with them, my portable amp seems to have fixed that problem brilliantly though.

here is a picture of my "final" portable setup with the dx50

Jan 11, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #10,069 of 18,652
could they have mucked up your sale with anothers?

Sadly not. The private seller has refuted sending the wrong amp in his initial response to me.

If he was selling a E11 at the same time he might have come back to me with "I may have made an error here". Mine was shipped from North America region which took three weeks to arrive. If he had made a mistake, on the balance of probabilities he is likely to have sent the 'other shipment' if it did exist within his country rather than across the Atlantic and the error identified earlier.

Also the package contained a random battery charger with no connection to the e11 for some reason, which doesn't make sense either.

Jan 11, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #10,070 of 18,652
Sadly not. The private seller has refuted sending the wrong amp in his initial response to me.

If he was selling a E11 at the same time he might have come back to me with "I may have made an error here". Mine was shipped from North America region which took three weeks to arrive. If he had made a mistake, on the balance of probabilities he is likely to have sent the 'other shipment' if it did exist within his country rather than across the Atlantic and the error identified earlier.

Also the package contained a random battery charger with no connection to the e11 for some reason, which doesn't make sense either.

Ah, sorry to hear your unfortunate event..It appears the seller was trying to make a fool of you by sending an E11 (the butt of every amp joke). Hopefully PayPal will do you justice, but as of now, I bet you he's laughing his arse off on the other end. 

Jan 11, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #10,071 of 18,652

My guess: Deliberate fraud. By sending you the E11, a random charger and some cables, the shipping documents would still check out for a headphone amp, its charger and IC cables. Be sure to inform PayPal of this, as it shows he was deliberately ripping you off. 

Jan 11, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #10,072 of 18,652

Quote:
  My guess: Deliberate fraud. By sending you the E11, a random charger and some cables, the shipping documents would still check out for a headphone amp, its charger and IC cables. Be sure to inform PayPal of this, as it shows he was deliberately ripping you off. 

On top of this, I find it should be appropriate that this guy be named and shamed, as the last thing you would want is for another Head-Fi'er to fall for such a prank. 

Jan 11, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #10,073 of 18,652
On top of this, I find it should be appropriate that this guy be named and shamed, as the last thing you would want is for another Head-Fi'er to fall for such a prank. 

I've given him negative feedback with the reason and also red flagged him so the site moderators know. I am not sure this forum is the correct place to name/shame him.

He had had 8 or so positive trades on this site beforehand and seemed very genuine. I had had none. It is my word against his. Hopefully Paypal will take my many years of trading through EBay at 100% into account. But why he should he try & cheat me. Possibly because it was an international sale and he had stated he didn't want to ship outside of NA.

At the end of the day it is only $ 300 that I may have lost. The funny thing is that I feel violated and in a much bigger way than the actual loss of the money, which I find interesting. I can only imagine how distressing it must be to have your house burgled.

Jan 11, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #10,074 of 18,652
Ah, sorry to hear your unfortunate event..It appears the seller was trying to make a fool of you by sending an E11 (the butt of every amp joke). Hopefully PayPal will do you justice, but as of now, I bet you he's laughing his arse off on the other end. 

LOL. This made me chuckle. I had no idea that the E11 was considered thus.

Jan 11, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #10,075 of 18,652
I've given him negative feedback with the reason and also red flagged him so the site moderators know. I am not sure this forum is the correct place to name/shame him.

He had had 8 or so positive trades on this site beforehand and seemed very genuine. I had had none. It is my word against his. Hopefully Paypal will take my many years of trading through EBay at 100% into account. But why he should he try & cheat me. Possibly because it was an international sale and he had stated he didn't want to ship outside of NA.

At the end of the day it is only $ 300 that I may have lost. The funny thing is that you feel violated and in a much bigger way than the actual loss of the money, which I find interesting. I can only imagine how distressing it must be to have your house burgled.

I say name him and shame him. Such a d!ckhead move should not be tolerated. People have been kicked out and banned for less. 

Seriously, PM a mod (Currawong comes to mind) and inform him. 

Jan 11, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #10,076 of 18,652
Highfell, i feel for you. Please call this guy out to either refund you or ship you the product you want. I am a fiio fan boy, but i can imagine the massive disappointment of receiving an E11 instead of the D12.

Jan 11, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #10,077 of 18,652

At the end of the day it is only $ 300 that I may have lost. The funny thing is that you feel violated and in a much bigger way than the actual loss of the money, which I find interesting. I can only imagine how distressing it must be to have your house burgled.

Yeah, hopefully all goes well for you. :)

Tbh, I'm not at all "violated". I'm only feeling very much so sorry for you because the little Schiit sent you an E11 haha...and as a matter of fact...$300 to some people, is a fair amount! (Such as I :))

If it were me in the case of my house being burgled...I'd hit up the insurance company, then go on a little hunt for my fellow burglar. When I find him, I'll handcuff him down whilst he sleeps, and blow off his fingers, one by one, with a 44, and force him to eat his own fingers. :D

JUST KIDDING. my friend linked me that from some stupid website with those silly instructions as a joke, Lol. No, I am not a psychopath! Hahaha :p

Jan 11, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #10,078 of 18,652
Yeah, hopefully all goes well for you. :)

Tbh, I'm not at all "violated". I'm only feeling very much so sorry for you because the little Schiit sent you an E11 haha...and as a matter of fact...$300 to some people, is a fair amount! (Such as I :))

If it were me in the case of my house being burgled...I'd hit up the insurance company, then go on a little hunt for my fellow burglar. When I find him, I'll handcuff him down whilst he sleeps, and blow off his fingers, one by one, with a 44, and force him to eat his own fingers. :D

JUST KIDDING. my friend linked me that from some stupid website with those silly instructions as a joke, Lol. No, I am not a psychopath! Hahaha :p

Sorry. - I meant that I felt violated not YOU, although I did type you, but I meant me -:wink:

Jan 11, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #10,079 of 18,652
Sorry. - I meant that I felt violated not YOU, although I did type you, but I meant me -:wink:

Well, he did do something wrong, so feeling violated is kinda a given.

Anyways, do keep us posted as to how your case goes, and hopefully that guy will get banned or something, ecause I sure as hell do not want an E11 coming instead of my desired amp.

Jan 11, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #10,080 of 18,652
I say name him and shame him. Such a d!ckhead move should not be tolerated. People have been kicked out and banned for less. 

Seriously, PM a mod (Currawong comes to mind) and inform him. 

Thanks. I have Pmd Currawong about the situation and what the etiquette is about naming the guy in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back